|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Skjoldr Wolf-Runner (skjoldr wolf-runner)|
Skjoldr Wolf-Runner is a Nord barbarian and the chieftain of Thirsk when you first arrive there. He became chieftain when he slew a wizard by the name of Griss the Yellow, and presented his head as a trophy from the battle. At the time of Bloodmoon, he has been chieftain for three years. He becomes one of the victims of the mead hall massacre, and you may later take his place as chieftain.
He is wearing a wolf cuirass with matching pauldrons and greaves and the unique paws of the wolf-runner. He is wielding a Nordic silver claymore. Aside from his natural resistance to shock, immunity to frost, ability to shield himself, and a natural frost damage spell, he knows no spells.
- The Mead Hall Massacre: Visit this mead hall and find out what happened to its patrons.
- The Missing Missionary: Track down this wayward teetotaler.
- Voice: "Enjoy our mead and kinship!"
- [Nord Mead has been added to your inventory.] "Hail, good %PCName! Skjoldr Wolf-Runner is my name. I am the chieftain of Thirsk, and welcome you to our home. You'll not find a better mead hall anywhere, not even in Skyrim. For one hundred years Thirsk has withstood all manner of attack, from the snow and hail to those infernal Rieklings. But the meadhall still stands, and its hospitality is unmatched. Please, stay and relax. Enjoy our fine drink, and seek shelter from the cold. Here, my friend -- taste the nectar of Shor!" (A sample of nord mead will be added to your inventory)
- "Hail, friend! I hope you find our mead hall to your liking. If you're tired, grab a bedroll and go to sleep. We don't stand on ceremony here at Thirsk. We live like family, as it should be!"
- "Erich is a loyal member of the clan, and has defended Thirsk time and time again. But he's hot headed and loose lipped, and has made more enemies around here than he should have. We can not harm a clan brother, but there are some days...."
- "We'll miss the strength of a good warrior, but not the man. Erich was too arrogant for his own good and his days were numbered anyway."
- Mirisa never returned:
- "Aye, the missionary came here several weeks ago. She started talking about her Shrine, and then began preaching about the evils of mead. Nice lass, but a little high-strung. Erich, he...he didn't really like what she had to say. Thought he'd teach her a lesson. I'm...I'm not really sure where she is now. [Skjoldr gives you a knowing look, and then gestures with his head to the staircase leading to the second floor.]"
- "Well, it would seem Erich has finally met his destiny, so there's no harm in letting you know the truth. The missionary is upstairs, locked in Erich's room. She's been there for quite a while, too, poor thing. If you intend to let her go, no one here will stop you."