|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Thormoor Gray-Wave (thormoor gray-wave /
thormoor_thirsk / thormoor_out)
Thormoor Gray-Wave is a cursed Nord captain in need of help at Thormoor's Watch. Since losing his ship at sea after falling asleep at the helm, he has been unable to sleep due to a curse placed on him by one of the surviving passengers.
He wears a full set wolf armor, including the helmet, both pauldrons, cuirass, both gauntlets, greaves, and boots. He carries a travel lantern. Aside from his natural resistance to shock, immunity to frost, ability to shield himself, and a natural frost damage spell, he knows the following spells: Demoralizing Touch, Demoralize Humanoid, Purge Magic, Touch Dispel, and Righteousness.
- The Cursed Captain: Help a restless sailor find some peace.
- "Behold the sea, friend. Never will you meet a maiden so beautiful, or so unforgiving..."
- "Yawwwwwnn! Hello again my friend. Thanks to you, I can sleep again. Yawwwnnn....."
- "Yaawwwnnn! Inside, outside, I'll sleep anywhere."
- "Hello, stranger. I don't see many sightseers out here. The cold and horkers drive most people away. Me, I just come here to watch the sea. I used to be a ship captain, you know. But that was before...before that night at sea."
- "Hello, %PCName. I have to admit, I didn't expect to see you again. The fact that I'm still exhausted but am unable to sleep tells me you were unable to convince Geilir the Mumbling to remove my curse of eternal wakefulness. Maybe someday I'll be able to rest. Someday...."
- "%PCName! You did it! You spoke with Geilir, got him to remove his curse! I know this because I can barely stay on my feet! I'm ready to fall asleep, my friend! Do you hear me? Fall asleep! Ha ha! I need to lie down.... %PCName, you have done me an incredible service, and I would like to return the favor. But not just yet. First, I must sleep. Meet me in my room at the Thirsk mead hall, and I will give you your due, after I've had a chance to get some rest."
- "Please, %PCName, let me go and rest. Meet me at Thirsk and I will give you your reward then, after I have had time to sleep."
- "%PCName! I've had some time to rest, and am ready to grant your reward. As a sea captain, I discovered many hidden places, one of which is an ancient barrow called Gyldenhul. It lies on a small island off the northeast coast of Solstheim, not too far from here, actually. The barrow is loaded with riches, and I want you to have it all. Take this key -- the door is heavily locked. Oh, and I'll mark the dungeon on your map. Now, I must get back to sleep. Thanks again!"
- "Hello, my friend. *Yawn!* I hope you're doing well. If you haven't already, make sure you go to Gyldenhul and collect its riches. Me, I'm going to get some more sleep."
- "*Yawn!* Ah, hello, my friend. You are well, I hope? I've been trying to get some sleep, but it's not easy out here in the cold. Thirsk is closed for repairs, so I've lost my bed. The Udyrfrykte did quite a lot of damage. The mead hall will stay closed, too, unless someone is strong enough to claim the chieftain's throne. I'd do it myself, but I'm too damned tired to bother."
- "%PCName, you have returned. What is this you say? Geilir the Mumbling is dead? No...no.... With his death, my curse will never be lifted. Once all I had was hope -- now even that is lost. Leave me. I will remain on this rock until the end of my days. For what else can I do?" (Goodbye)
- "Leave me, %PCName. I'm am busy watching the mighty sea, waiting to die." (Goodbye)
- that night at sea:
- "A few months ago I was ferrying some settlers from Skyrim to Solstheim. I was tired...so tired. I fell asleep at the rudder. The ship drifted into a gale, and by the time I woke, it was too late. I couldn't regain control, and the ship capsized. There were only two survivors -- me, and an old man whose entire family was lost in the wreck. I told the man of my terrible failure, and he used his power as a seer and wizard to punish me. You see, %PCName, I have been cursed with eternal wakefulness."
- "Now that Geilir has lifted my curse, I feel like I can finally put the tragedy behind me. I know what I did, and I'll have to live with it. But life goes on, and I feel I may now be able to find some peace."
- eternal wakefulness:
- "As punishment for my incompetence, the seer laid a powerful curse upon me. I am exhausted, but can't sleep no matter what I try. Potions, magicka, nothing works. The truth is, I haven't slept at all in six months. %PCName, if you happen to run into the seer, maybe you could convince him to lift the curse? His name is Geilir the Mumbling, and he lives by himself in a dwelling here on Solstheim. Do this for me, and I will share with you the most valuable secret I learned when I was a ship captain."
- "I suffer this malady no longer, thanks to you. The curse has been lifted, and I may sleep once more."
- specific place: "To the northeast is a small, uncharted island. There you'll find the barrow of Gyldenhul, a treasure trove if ever there was one!"