- The Gold Coast always served as the Empire of Cyrodiil's gateway to the Abecean Sea—but with the Empire in eclipse, the region has gone its own way.
The Gold Coast is a region situated in western Colovia, between Hammerfell and Malabal Tor. During Varen's Rebellion, a rough stone wall was built along the region's border with the Colovian Highlands to protect the cities of Kvatch and Anvil from retaliation by the Longhouse Emperors. The wall has since played a major part in keeping the region protected from the fallout of the Alliance War which is raging across the rest of Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px Anvil — A major settlement on the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px Kvatch — A major settlement in the eastern highlands of the Gold Coast.
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary — The hidden lair of the Dark Brotherhood on the Gold Coast.
- 20x20px Enclave of the Hourglass — A fort to the south of Kvatch.
- 20x20px Depths of Malatar — A group dungeon on the Gold Coast.
- 20x20px Garlas Agea — An Ayleid ruin found northeast of Anvil containing mercenaries.
- 20x20px Hrota Cave — A cave located just north of Anvil containing wispmothers and undead.
- 20x20px Kvatch Arena — A battleground found in northern Kvatch.
- 20x20px Tribune's Folly — An excavated Imperial ruin found east of Anvil.
Points of Interest
- 20x20px Anvil Lighthouse — The lighthouse in Anvil, located on a sandspit across from the docks.
- 20x20px At-Himah Family Estate — An estate found on the southern approach into Kvatch.
- 20x20px Beldaburo — An Ayleid ruin found northwest of Anvil.
- 20x20px Colovian Revolt Forge Yard — A crafting site located far northwest of Anvil.
- 20x20px Garlas Malatar — An Ayleid ruin on the western Gold Coast.
- 20x20px Jarol Estate — An estate northwest of Anvil.
- 20x20px Marja's Mill — A farm north of Kvatch.
- 20x20px Strid River Artisans Camp — A crafting site found on a headland in the Strid estuary, southeast of Anvil.
- 20x20px Varen's Wall Gatehouse — The eastern gate out of the Gold Coast.
- 20x20px The Erstwhile Sanctuary — A player house in an abandoned Dark Brotherhood sanctuary below the city of Kvatch.
- 20x20px Linchal Grand Manor — A player manor to the northeast in the Gold Coast.
- Anvil Wayshrine — Located in Anvil.
- 20x20px Gold Coast Wayshrine — Located along the Gold Road between Anvil and Kvatch.
- Kvatch Wayshrine — Located in Kvatch.
- Strid River Wayshrine — Located west of the Enclave of the Hourglass.
- Dasek Moor — A ruined fort south of Kvatch.
- Fort Strand — A ruined fort just east of Anvil.
- The Withered Rose — A hostel on the Gold Coast, located northwest of Anvil.
Gold Coast Connections
- Pious Intervention: Help expose the Society of the Dragon's homicidal tendencies.
- A Profitable Venture: Swindle the pirates that control Anvil's docks.
- Honest Work: Help the Vanos siblings find employment in Anvil.
- The Vampire's Prey: Drive the vampires out of Hrota Cave.
- Debts of War: Help recover looted valuables and bring the Butcher of Bravil to justice.
- A Cordial Collaboration: Facilitate a Morag Tong contract on Brotherhood turf.
- The Sweetroll Killer: Investigate a string of violent murders on the Gold Coast.
For more information on these quests, see this page.
- Buried Evil: Avenge the fallen warriors in Hrota Cave.
- The Common Good: Kill a dangerous beast which has been smuggled to the Gold Coast from Craglorn.
- Looming Shadows: Recover ancient relics found in the ruins of Fort Faleria.
- The Roar of the Crowds: Defeat a Kvatch Arena champion.
|On a lonely isle staring out across the Abecean.||On a small island west of Anvil.|
|Proudly displayed near the caretaker's home.||West-southwest of the Colovian Revolt Forge Yard.|
|Nestled in the arm of the eastern watchtower.||Southeast of Kvatch, in the ruins of a tower.||This one is usually guarded by a Minotaur.|
|Pulled from the ground in a strange harvest||East of the Enclave of the Hourglass, in a farm infested with thunderbugs.||There are usually a few Thunderbugs around this one.|
|Hidden away where only spelunkers will find it.||Inside Hrota Cave, in the northeast corner.|
|A treasure of the Gold Coast, kept in a stolen vault.||Inside Garlas Agea, in the large eastern room.|
- The Gold Coast previously appeared in Oblivion.
- Nodes in the zone have a chance of containing a Grain of Pearl Sand, while minotaurs killed in the region may drop Oxblood Fungus Spores.
- This zone is called "The Gold Coast" in your journal.