- This region is the southern heart of the Wood Elves' great forest, and home to more of the gigantic graht-oaks than any other part of Valenwood. Its capital, now also the capital of the entire Aldmeri Dominion, is Elden Root.
Grahtwood is a large region deep in the jungles of Valenwood, and the location of the Aldmeri Dominion's capital, Elden Root. An area in Grahtwood was devastated by Molag Bal long ago, and it remains there to this day.
- 1 Places
- 2 Quests
- 3 Skyshards
- 4 Sets
- 5 Maps
- 6 Gallery
- 20x20px Elden Root — A city in eastern-central Valenwood, in the Grahtwood region, and the capital city of the Aldmeri Dominion.
- 20x20px Brackenleaf — A grove in southeastern Grahtwood, north of Haven.
- 20x20px Cormount — A town in northern Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Gil-Var-Delle — A giant ruined tree in western Grahtwood, west of Elden Root.
- 20x20px The Gray Mire — A community of Argonian refugees in southern Grahtwood, just east of Southpoint.
- 20x20px Haven — A port city in southeastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Karthdar — A small settlement in northeastern Grahtwood, southeast of Cormount.
- 20x20px Redfur Trading Post — A town in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Reman's Bluff — A rocky escarpment located southwest of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Southpoint — A city in southwestern Grahtwood.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- 20x20px Cave of Broken Sails — A cave in southern Grahtwood, west of Haven.
- 20x20px Falinesti Winter Site — The winter location of Falinesti, in central Grahtwood, just west of Elden Root.
- Goldfolly — A ruin in northwestern Grahtwood, south of the Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px Laeloria — An Ayleid ruin in central Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Ossuary of Telacar — A graveyard in eastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Reliquary of Stars — An Ayleid ruin in northern Grahtwood, west of Cormount.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- 20x20px Burroot Kwama Mine — A kwama mine located just west of Elden Root containing thunderbugs.
- 20x20px Elden Hollow I — A group dungeon found under Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Elden Hollow II — A group dungeon found under Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Lair of Maarselok — A group dungeon within the mountain valleys of Tenmar, is entered from a lake northeast of the Ossuary of Telacar.
- 20x20px Mobar Mine — A mine just south of Elden Root in Grahtwood containing bandits.
- 20x20px Ne Salas — An Ayleid ruin south of Elden Root and west of Haven containing Covenant soldiers.
- 20x20px Root Sunder Ruins — A set of Ayleid ruins between Elden Root and Haven in Grahtwood.
- 20x20px The Scuttle Pit — A cave in eastern Grahtwood, north of Haven and east of Elden Root containing spiders.
- 20x20px Vinedeath Cave — A cave in northeastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root containing spriggans and stranglers.
- 20x20px Wormroot Depths — An Ayleid ruin in the northwest corner of Grahtwood containing Daedra.
- 20x20px Hircine's Henge — A small camp in central Grahtwood, southwest of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Lady Solace's Fen — A small swamp in central Grahtwood, just east of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Nindaeril's Perch — A small cove on the western shore of Grahtwood, north of Southpoint.
- 20x20px Poacher Camp — A small camp in northern Grahtwood, between Elden Root and Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px Thugrub's Cave — A small cave in northern Grahtwood, northwest of Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px Valanir's Rest — A small graveyard in central Grahtwood, west of Elden Root and east of Gil-Var-Delle.
- 20x20px Green Hall Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Elden Root in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Long Coast Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Haven in southern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Tarlain Heights Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of Elden Root in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px The Lord — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, and Deshaan.
- 20x20px The Mage — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px The Tower — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- 20x20px Battle of Cormount Memorial — A monument west of Cormount in northern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Boar's Run Overlook — A hill southeast of Karthdar in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Faltonia's Mine — An abandoned mine south of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Fisherman's Isle — An island in southeast Grahtwood, east of Haven.
- 20x20px Forked Root Camp — A small hag dwelling north of Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Sacred Leap Grotto — A cave north of Haven in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Sweetbreeze Cottage — A house in southern Grahtwood, south of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Tarlain Bandit Camp — A camp in western Grahtwood, north of Gil-Var-Delle.
- 20x20px Temple of the Eight — An old temple in central Grahtwood, northwest of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Vineshade Lodge — A building in southeast Grahtwood, northwest of Haven.
- 20x20px The Gorinir Estate — A large player house in northeastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Grand Topal Hideaway — A player house reachable by boat from Fisherman's Isle.
- 20x20px Snugpod — A small player house in southern Elden Root.
- Cormount Wayshrine — Located just southwest of Cormount.
- 20x20px Elden Root Temple Wayshrine — Located at the Elden Root Temple, on an island in the lake northeast of Elden Root.
- Elden Root Wayshrine — Located in the center of the lowest level of Elden Root.
- Falinesti Winter Wayshrine — Located south of the Falinesti Winter Site.
- Gil-Var-Delle Wayshrine — Located a ways north of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Gray Mire Wayshrine — Located northeast of The Gray Mire.
- Haven Wayshrine — Located in northeastern Haven.
- Ossuary Wayshrine — Located south of the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine — Located across the road southwest of the Redfur Trading Post.
- Southpoint Wayshrine — Located east of Southpoint.
- The Aquifer — The Imperial sewer system of the port of Haven.
- The Middens — A cave system under the roots of the Elden tree.
- Old Creepy Cave — A cave in southern Grahtwood, north of Haven and just east of Vineshade Lodge.
- The Orrery — An ancient Ayleid ruin in the city of Elden Root.
- Sarandel's Carnival — A roadside carnival hailing from Auridon and ran by Sarandel.
- Volunidai's Manor — An estate located in southeastern Grahtwood, northeast of Haven.
|Grahtwood||The Great Tree|
|Unsafe Haven||Trouble at the Tree|
|The Honor of the Queen|
|Fit to Rule||The Grip of Madness||Lost in Study||Heart of the Matter||A Lasting Winter|
|The Orrery of Elden Root|
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Aldmeri Dominion Story Quests
- The Great Tree: Head to the Aldmeri Dominion's capital at the request of the queen.
- Unsafe Haven: Reclaim Haven from pirates.
- The Honor of the Queen: Discover why the Khajiiti Embassy project has been stalled.
- Fit to Rule: Restore the Orrery for the ratification ceremony to take place.
- The Grip of Madness: Discover why a town's citizens are killing each other.
- Lost in Study: Discover why the artifacts in the Reliquary of Stars have recently become active.
- Heart of the Matter: Recover the Heart of Anumaril.
- A Lasting Winter: Recover Rajhin's Mantle before the Jade General finds it.
- The Orrery of Elden Root: Attend Queen Ayrenn's ratification.
- Alternate Story Pointers
Long Coast Side Quests
- Bosmer Insight: Go on a spirit journey and learn the ways of the forest.
- Brackenleaf's Briars: Join the ranks of Brackenleaf's Briars.
- Carnival Conundrum: Help a carnival get back to business.
- Forever Bound: Free an Imperial spirit from his own binding ritual.
- Forgotten Soul: Rescue a stranded researcher from deep within an ancient ruin.
- If the Dead Could Talk: Recover the journals of a research team from an overgrown ruin.
- Keeper of Bones: Help an exiled skeleton save his friends.
- A Little on the Side: Recover the goods needed for the inn's "side business".
- Lost Treasures: Find the inn workers who are lost in the marsh.
- Luck of the Albatross: Help an Altmer captain overcome a mutiny.
- Passage Denied: Deactivate the Covenant portal in the depths of an old ruin.
- Scars Never Fade: Investigate the Argonian refugees in the Gray Mire.
- A Silken Garb: Rescue a Bosmer from a spider pit.
- The Wandering Minstrel: Help find a lost minstrel.
Green Hall Side Quests
- The Blacksap's Hold: Suppress the Blacksap Rebellion.
- Eyes of Azura: Rescue a priestess from the hands of Molag Bal.
- Forbidden Love: Piece together an ancient love letter.
- Pact Advocate: Restore the Green Pact in Karthdar.
- Phantom Guilt: Discover the source of a cursed amulet.
- Rare Imports: Find and deliver a delayed cargo shipment.
- Storgh's Bow: Find a bow stolen by a false friend.
- The Unquiet Dead: Free the Mages Guild acolytes trapped in the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Until Death: Help find a woman's missing husband and their dog.
- Wanted: Sgolag: Collect on the bounty of Sgolag.
Tarlain Heights Side Quests
- Ancient Stones, Ancient Words: Recover fragments of an ancient Ayleidoon tablet.
- Blood Hunt: Clear out the vampires in Goldfolly.
- Caring for Kwama: Recover a kwama researcher's lost research.
- A Chief Concern: Deal with the leader of the bandits attacking Barkbite.
- Enemies at the Gate: Help the Barkbite Wood Orcs with their "curse" and bandit problems.
- The Enemy Within: Find the culprit behind the Barkbite "curse".
- Flipping the Coin: Join a group of thieves and steal a legendary treasure.
- The Innkeeper's Daughter: Help an innkeeper find his kidnapped daughter.
- Light in the Darkness: Help an old scholar research an Ayleid well.
- A Lucrative Scheme: Expose the schemes of a Tarlain bandit.
- The Wakening Dark: Rid Gil-Var-Delle of the God of Schemes' influence.
- The Wounded Wood: Help heal the scarred ruins of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Ancient Remains: Investigate Wood Orc activity in the ruins beneath Elden Root.
- Consuming Darkness: Delve into Oblivion and save Bakkhara.
Elden Hollow Pledge: Explore Elden Hollow and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Veteran Elden Hollow Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Elden Hollow.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
|Granted safe haven by the mages.||In Haven, on the ground on the western side of the Mages Guild hall.|
|The shrine of the south leads north.||Between Southpoint and the Bone Orchard.|
|Cooling off on the way to the Tower.||By a pond northwest of the Tower Stone.|
|Where the road to the root is an isle.||On a small island east of Elden Root, near an Ayleid ruin overgrown with vines.|
|Atop falls that feed the temple.||South-southeast of Karthdar, on top of the eastern waterfall.|
|Spotted from a treehouse vantage.||Southwest of Karthdar, west of a treehouse, under the root/road.|
|A doorway to trolls near Redfur.||Southwest of Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine.|
|Among ancient words in the stones.||On an island west of the Lord Stone.|
|Above a seasonal site of return.||East of Falinesti Winter Site, In the ruins.|
|Where Covenant forces pour forth.||In Ne Salas top small room.|
|A scrabbling, a skittering, a scurrying.||In The Scuttle Pit halfway in on the left wall.|
|Six-legged thunder invades.||In Burroot Kwama Mine Room almost at the end.|
|Not yet dead on the vine.||In Vinedeath Cave main room left side.|
|Stolen starlight in wormy depths.||In Wormroot Depths, main room south of entrance.|
|Mined by the bandits of Mobar.||In Mobar Mine, main room.|
|Crocs claimed a meal in the sunder.||In Root Sunder Ruins room left of the main hall lots of crocs.|
|Set Name||Bonuses||Armor Weight|
2 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
2 items: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Light Speaker||Elden Hollow||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
|Elden Hollow I||Monster Helm Sets|
1 item: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Elden Hollow II||Monster Helm Sets|
|Set Name||Traits Needed||Bonuses||Crafting Sites|
|Armor of the Seducer||3|
2 items: Adds 1-129 Spell Damage