ESO:Season of the Dragon
The Season of the Dragon is the third main story arc of the Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Main Quest and Daedric War Storyline. Like the Daedric War storyline, it is not a single in-game questline. Instead, it is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests, covering the entirety of 2019's content releases. It involves a plot by Euraxia Tharn to unleash the Dragons from the Halls of Colossus by way of tricking her half-brother into using the Wrathstone. The newly-freed rage of Dragons led by Kaalgrontiid proceed to pursue their own plans of world domination. The legends of Khunzar-ri and the practice of necromancy frequently play a part in the story.
The eventual inclusions of dragons has been hinted at in the past, with the character stories of Tharayya, Abnur Tharn, Cadwell, and Sai Sahan from older quests leading into their involvement in the story. Completing the prologue quest The Halls of Colossus will unlock a set of nine daily quests which can be obtained from Zahari. The Hall of the Lunar Champion house contains pedestals for lunar champion tablets obtained from the story quests.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in the Season of the Dragon, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- Wrathstone Storyline — Quests to obtain the Wrathstone
- The Demon Weapon: Assist Abnur Tharn in locating a mysterious weapon that could end the Three Banners War.
- The Halls of Colossus: Find the demon weapon hidden in the Halls of Colossus before Euraxia Tharn does.
- Northern Elsweyr Storyline — Quests to topple the Euraxians' rule in Anequina and defeat Kaalgrontiid's dragons
- Bright Moons, Warm Sands: Survive the Dragon attack in Star Haven Adeptorium. (only available to new characters created for the Elsweyr chapter)
- A Rage of Dragons: Help Elsweyr's first line of defense against the Dragon threat.
- The Usurper Queen: Accompany Abnur Tharn to Rimmen for a meeting with the city's tyrannical ruler.
- The Battle for Riverhold: Defend Riverhold from Euraxia's attack forces.
- Two Queens: Help retake Rimmen from the Usurper Queen.
- The Final Order: Protect a valuable ally from Euraxia's loyal assassins.
- Cadwell the Betrayer: Stop Zumog Phoom before he can unleash Cadwell the Betrayer on Northern Elsweyr, and find a way to use the Dragonhorn.
- Jode's Core: Defend the Moon Gate of Anequina and the power within from the Dragon threat.
- The Heir of Anequina: Attend the coronation of Anequina's new ruler.
- Scalebreaker Storyline — Quests pertaining to the aftermath of the release of the Dragons
- The Dragonguard's Legacy: Respond to a blademaster's summons and hunt for a way to fight the Dragons.
- The Horn of Ja'darri: Acquire a legendary Dragonhorn from a Dragon's lair.
- Southern Elsweyr Storyline — Defend the people of Southern Elsweyr, restore the ancient Dragonguard order, and fight back against the Dragon menace
- The Dragon's Lair: Investigate a Dragon's lair off the coast of Senchal.
- Reformation: Convince the crew of the Perfect Pounce to join the Dragonguard.
- Uneasy Alliances: Help Nahfahlaar find an old ally.
- Order of the New Moon: Infiltrate the Order of the New Moon and learn more about their intentions.
- The Pride of Alkosh: Investigate the Order of the New Moon's invasion of Pridehome.
- The Dragonguard: End the New Moon threat.
- Epilogue — The final arc surrounding defeating Kaalgrontiid and concluding the Season of the Dragon (requires completion of Northern Elsweyr and Southern Elsweyr storylines)
Every installment in the Season of the Dragon (excluding Wrathstone) comes with the opportunity to obtain a lunar tablet, which can be used to unlock additional areas in the free Hall of the Lunar Champion player home.
- The Hall of the Lunar Champion and the Behold the Lunar Champion tablet are both acquired as quest rewards from Two Queens. Additional tablets are also meant to be placed on the altars of Ambition, Betrayal, and Guile.
- The Behold Khunzar-ri's Betrayal tablet is obtained from completing The Heir of Anequina and can be placed on the altar of Betrayal, opening a portal to an overlook of the Halls of Colossus where furnishings can be placed.
- The Behold Khunzar-ri's Guile tablet is obtained as a reward for completing the Scalebreaker Scout achievement. It can be placed on the Altar of Guile, and opens a portal to a secluded exterior location within Moongrave Fane for additional furnishing.
- The Behold Khunzar-ri's Ambition tablet is obtained as a reward for completing the Return of the Dragonguard achievement. It can be placed on the Altar of Ambition, opening a portal to the Lion's Cradle, a raised Khajiiti house overlooking Pridehome, for additional outdoor and indoor furnishing.