- On the border with Morrowind, the Shadowfen region has had more contact with Tamrielic civilization than most of Black Marsh—due primarily to the activities of the Dunmeri slavers who once operated out of the city of Stormhold. Now the Argonians are back in charge.
|Northwestern Black Marsh|
Shadowfen is the northwestern region of Black Marsh.
It is a fetid mire, often fought over by the Imperial Legion and Dunmer slavers. The ancient city of Stormhold is located here, the source of the devastating (to non-Argonians) Knahaten Flu. Local creatures include giant snakes, fleshflies and wamasu, and diseases such as blood rot, the droops, and swamp fever are quite common. Though the practice of Argonian slavery was abandoned when Black Marsh joined the Ebonheart Pact, rogue Dunmeri slave traders can still be found roaming the marshes. Hist trees and ruined temples can also be found along the winding channels and dank foliage.
The region borders Morrowind to the north, and Cyrodiil to the west. It is also home to the Shadowscales, those Argonians born under the sign of the Shadow, and thus destined for a life in the Dark Brotherhood.
- 1 Places
- 1.1 Cities
- 1.2 Settlements
- 1.3 Farms and Plantations
- 1.4 Groves and Marshes
- 1.5 Caves, Ruins and Mines
- 1.6 Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- 1.7 Dungeons
- 1.8 Group Bosses
- 1.9 Dolmens
- 1.10 Mundus Stones
- 1.11 Points of Interest
- 1.12 Player Houses
- 1.13 Wayshrines
- 1.14 Unmarked Locations
- 1.15 Connected Realms
- 2 Quests
- 3 Skyshards
- 4 Maps
- 5 Gallery
- 20x20px Alten Corimont — A port in eastern Shadowfen, east-southeast of the Hatching Pools.
- 20x20px Forsaken Hamlet — An abandoned village in eastern Shadowfen, north of Alten Corimont.
- 20x20px Murkwater — A village in southern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Percolating Mire — A village in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- 20x20px Stillrise Village — A cursed Kothringi village in northwestern Shadowfen, west of Stormhold.
- 20x20px White Rose Prison — A fort in western Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
Farms and Plantations
Groves and Marshes
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- 20x20px Bogmother — A ruin in northern Shadowfen, southeast of Stormhold.
- 20x20px Hissmir — A ruin in southern Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools.
- 20x20px Loriasel — An Ayleid ruin in southwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Mud Tree Village — A mining town in central Shadowfen, south of Stormhold.
- 20x20px Sunscale Strand — A ruin in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- 20x20px Ten-Maur-Wolk — A Daedric ruin in northeastern Shadowfen, northeast of the Hatching Pools.
- 20x20px Zuuk — An abandoned village in central Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- 20x20px Arx Corinium — A group dungeon found in western Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Atanaz Ruins — Small Argonian ruins in eastern Shadowfen, east of Alten Corimont containing a tribe of ruthless Argonian warriors.
- 20x20px Broken Tusk — A Daedric ruin in eastern Shadowfen, north-northeast of the Forsaken Hamlet.
- 20x20px Chid-Moska Ruins — Ancient Argonian ruins in southwestern Shadowfen, west of Murkwater containing Blackguards.
- 20x20px Cradle of Shadows — A group dungeon in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Gandranen Ruins — Ruins in central Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools containing Ayleid mummies.
- 20x20px Onkobra Kwama Mine — A kwama mine in southeastern Shadowfen, south of Alten Corimont containing Kwama.
- 20x20px Ruins of Mazzatun — A group dungeon in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Sanguine's Demesne — A ruin in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Shrine of the Black Maw — An Ayleid ruin in northwestern Shadowfen, west-northwest of Stormhold containing vampires.
- 20x20px Bitterroot Cave — A cave in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Captain Bones' Ship — A shipwreck in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Haynekhtnamet's Lair — A riverbank in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Nen Ria — An Ayleid ruin west of Mud Tree Village in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Slaver Camp — A camp in Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Xal Thak — A ruined temple in southeastern Shadowfen, just southwest of Alten Corimont.
- 20x20px Leafwater Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point south of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Reticulated Spine Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Venomous Fens Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Murkwater in southwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px The Atronach — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px The Serpent — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px The Shadow — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- 20x20px Camp Crystal Abattoir — Located southeast of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Camp Merciful Reduction — Located north of the Forsaken Hamlet in eastern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Camp Silken Snare — Located north of the Hatching Pools in central Shadowfen.
- 20x20px The Graceful Dominator — Located east of Alten Corimont in eastern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Hatchling's Crown — A ruin located in southern Shadowfen, east of Murkwater.
- 20x20px Hei-Halai — A campsite located west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Telvanni Acquisition Camp — Located northwest of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Tsonashap Mine — An abandoned mine located southwest of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px The Vile Pavilion — Located northeast of Stillrise Village in northwestern Shadowfen.
- 20x20px Weeping Wamasu Falls — Located in western Shadowfen, north of White Rose Prison.
- 20x20px Xal Haj-Ei Shrine — A shrine in northern Shadowfen, east of Stormhold.
- 20x20px The Ample Domicile — A medium player house in Stormhold.
- 20x20px Stay-Moist Mansion — A large player house in central Shadowfen.
- Alten Corimont Wayshrine — Located in western Alten Corimont.
- Bogmother Wayshrine — Located east of Bogmother.
- Forsaken Hamlet Wayshrine — Located northwest of the Forsaken Hamlet.
- Hatching Pools Wayshrine — Located south of the Hatching Pools.
- Hissmir Wayshrine — Located east of Hissmir.
- Loriasel Wayshrine — Located south of Loriasel.
- Percolating Mire Wayshrine — Located west-southwest of the Percolating Mire.
- Stillrise Wayshrine — Located east of Stillrise Village.
- Stormhold Wayshrine — Located in eastern Stormhold.
- 20x20px Venomous Fens Wayshrine — Located northeast of the White Rose Prison.
- Cold-Blood Cavern — A cave system and Daedric ruin located in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Mudshallow Cave — A small cave located at Camp Silken Snare.
- Mushroom Cave — An unmarked cave full of mushrooms located in Percolating Mire.
- Silyanorn Ruins — A set of Ayleid ruins in Stormhold.
|Paths always enter a quest from the top or left, and leave a quest from the bottom or right.|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a missable pointer quest which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Ebonheart Pact Story Quests
- Three Tender Souls: Solve a series of crimes in Stormhold.
- Getting to the Truth: Find the missing vicecanon.
- Scouring the Mire: Investigate suspicious Dominion activity in Reticulated Spine.
- Trail of the Skin-Stealer: Prepare to fight the Dominion near a Daedric ruin.
- The Skin-Stealer's Lair: Defeat the Skin-Stealer impostor.
- Cracking the Egg: Travel to the Hatching Pools to learn more about the Mnemic Egg.
- Keepers of the Shell: Save a generation of Argonians from the Dominion.
- The Mnemic Egg: Follow the Mnemic Egg into the Venomous Fens.
- The Dominion's Alchemist: Find the Dominion's alchemist.
- The Dream of the Hist: Defeat the alchemist and recover the Mnemic Egg.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Hushed Whispers: Report on Dominion activity in Stormhold.
- Eyes of the Enemy: Warn the Vicecanon of betrayal.
- Children of the Hist: Hurry to the Hatching Pools to save the Argonian hatchlings.
Reticulated Spine Side Quests
- The Bargain's End: Decide the fate of Stillrise Village.
- Bound to the Bog: Help out the expedition to Bogmother.
- Captive Souls: Free the souls of a merchant's slain guards.
- Foreign Vintage: Find the spies in Sanguine's celebration.
- A Last Reminder: Bring a last memento to a widow.
- Life of the Party: Help a trapped Argonian escape.
- Saving the Relics: Recover some ancient Argonian relics from Bogmother.
- Schism: Help Mud Tree Village reopen their mine.
- Shadowfen Smorgasbord: Help a drunken cook out of a bad bet.
- The Thin Ones: Save a Kothringi village from undead servitude.
- Unbridled Wealth: Recover a merchant's wares and her favorite guar.
- Unwelcome Guests: Convince a band of mercenaries to leave Stormhold.
- Broken Apart: Banish the wispmother that is corrupting Deep Graves.
- Buried in the Past: Gain access to the ancient ruins at Sunscale Strand.
- Clarity: Cure Ja-Reet of his mysterious silence.
- Cold-Blooded Revenge: Seek vengeance for the lone survivor of a Dominion massacre.
- The Fangs of Sithis: Find the Fangs of Sithis in the Sunscale Ruins.
- Into the Mire: Rescue the Mire villagers from the Dominion.
- Last One Standing: Put an end to the Khajiiti upstart threatening the Argonian captain.
- A Life of Privilege: Help a lost Breton recover her belongings.
- Lost to the Mire: Help find a missing friend.
- Missing Son: Find out what happened to an Argonian's son.
- Outside Interference: Discover the purpose of the Dominion's extractor at Hatching Pools.
- A Pirate Parley: Recover the Dominion's treasure and ensure the gerent gets his freedom.
- Pull the Last Fang: Recover a Fang of Sithis from the Renrijra Maor.
- A Stranger Uninvited: Investigate an Altmer researching the Argonian graveyard.
- Strength of the Father: Help cure a sick Orc.
- Threefold Folly: Win back a lute in a game of riddles.
- The Tree-Minder's Fate: Help put a spirit's mind to rest.
- Warm Welcome: Find out who the Dominion are making deals with in Alten Corimont.
- Whispers of the Wisps: Rescue the travelers trapped by wisps in an Argonian cemetery.
- Will of the Broken: Deliver a cursed urn to a priestess of Arkay.
Venomous Fens Side Quests
- And Throw Away The Key: Assist the inmates of White Rose Prison.
- Captured Time: Discover the secret of the Alasil pilasters.
- Catch the Lightning: Convince a reluctant assistant to help with an experiment.
- Deep Disturbance: Discover why the swamp is attacking an Argonian settlement.
- Dreams From the Hist: Discover why a Dominion soldier would undertake the Trials of the Hist.
- A Final Release: Locate the remains of an Argonian separated from the Hist.
- Into the Temple: Find the Keystone at Zuuk.
- The Keystone: Recover the keystone from the prison dungeon.
- King of Dust: Stop the Dominion from getting Zuuk's keystone.
- Lost Pilgrimage: Help find a group of lost pilgrims.
- Missing in the Mire: Rescue some scavengers from the hostile creatures of the swamp.
- Of Dubious Value: Help find some stolen relics.
- The Ones Left Behind: Reunite the spirits of a Khajiiti family.
- Overrun: Meet up with the Shadowscales at Murkwater.
- A Poisoned Heart: Help clean up some poison gas.
- Riches Beyond Measure: Help find a powerful Ayleid artifact.
- Scales of Retribution: Help defeat the Dominion at Murkwater.
- The Swamp's Embrace: Recover the bodies of the Dominion's Argonian prisoners.
- Trials of the Burnished Scales: Pass the trials of the Hist in Hissmir.
- Vigil's End: Help an ancient Ayleid spirit find rest.
- What Happened at Murkwater: Let Hissmir know of the events at Murkwater.
Arx Corinium Pledge: Explore Arx Corinium and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Cradle of Shadows Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Cradle of Shadows.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Force of Nature: Help three nereid sisters reclaim an abandoned Imperial fort.
- Pledge: Arx Corinium: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Arx Corinium.
- Pledge: Cradle of Shadows: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Cradle of Shadows.
- Pledge: Ruins of Mazzatun: Prove you are truly Undaunted by conquering the Ruins of Mazzatun.
Ruins of Mazzatun Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by conquering the Ruins of Mazzatun.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Sap and Stone: Eliminate the Xit-Xaht threat in the Ruins of Mazzatun.
- Silk and Shadow: Help a Shadowscale destroy a dangerous new group of assassins.
|Above the Mages' eye between the falls.||Above the Stormhold Mages Guild|
|Still shrouded by spray past a western rise.||North of Stillrise Village, beside waterfall|
|Sneak behind the relic-thieves' camp.||Southeast of Camp Silken Snare|
|Beside a bowsprit among pirates.||Top deck of Alten Corimont ship, in a crate|
|Ritual flames brew trouble in the mire.||East of Percolating Mire, on top of rocks|
|Where wisps waylay wanderers.||Deep graves, on the south side of the pyramid.|
|Like the sound of steam or snakes.||Hissmir, atop temple|
|Overlooking the murk of Xal Ithix.||West of Xal Ithix, Atop temple & rocks|
|Imprisoned in a crumbling tower.||White Rose Prison, top of tower|
|Peek behind pillars in Atanaz.||Square room with tent in Atanaz Ruins|
|Skittering, slithering, a tusk once whole.||Broken Tusk, big room with Harvester|
|Unearthed by an outlaw excavation.||Chid-Moska Ruins, right corner bend, hidden|
|Crown in hand, leave and look right.||Gandranen Ruins, on left in first side room|
|Climb, little kwama, to reach your goal.||Onkobra Kwama Mine, top of walkway in big room|
|Digesting in the belly of the Black Maw.||Shrine of the Black Maw, big room in a niche|
|Deep in the den of debauchery.||Sanguine's Demesne, natural cave area|