This region is the southern heart of the Wood Elves' great forest, and home to more of the gigantic graht-oaks than any other part of Valenwood. Its capital, now also the capital of the entire Aldmeri Dominion, is Elden Root.
- 1 Zone Story Quests
- 2 Wayshrines
- 3 Cave Delver
- 4 Points of Interest
- 5 Pathfinder
- 6 Set Stations
- 7 Mundus Stones
- 8 Public Dungeons
- 9 World Events
- 10 World Bosses
- 11 Skyshard Hunter
- 12 Shalidor's Library Books
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Unsafe Haven: Reclaim Haven from pirates.
- The Honor of the Queen: Discover why the Khajiiti Embassy project has been stalled.
- Fit to Rule: Restore the Orrery for the ratification ceremony to take place.
- The Grip of Madness: Discover why a town's citizens are killing each other.
- Lost in Study: Discover why the artifacts in the Reliquary of Stars have recently become active.
- Heart of the Matter: Recover the Heart of Anumaril.
- A Lasting Winter: Recover Rajhin's Mantle before the Jade General finds it.
- The Orrery of Elden Root: Attend Queen Ayrenn's ratification.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Cormount Wayshrine — Located just southwest of Cormount.
- Elden Root Wayshrine — Located in the center of the lowest level of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Elden Root Temple Wayshrine — Located at the Elden Root Temple, on an island in the lake northeast of Elden Root.
- Falinesti Winter Wayshrine — Located south of the Falinesti Winter Site.
- Gil-Var-Delle Wayshrine — Located a ways north of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Gray Mire Wayshrine — Located northeast of The Gray Mire.
- Haven Wayshrine — Located in northeastern Haven.
- Ossuary Wayshrine — Located south of the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine — Located across the road southwest of the Redfur Trading Post.
- Southpoint Wayshrine — Located east of Southpoint.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- 20x20px Burroot Kwama Mine — A kwama mine located just west of Elden Root containing thunderbugs.
- 20x20px Mobar Mine — A mine just south of Elden Root in Grahtwood containing bandits.
- 20x20px Ne Salas — An Ayleid ruin south of Elden Root and west of Haven containing Covenant soldiers.
- 20x20px The Scuttle Pit — A cave in eastern Grahtwood, north of Haven and east of Elden Root containing spiders.
- 20x20px Vinedeath Cave — A cave in northeastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root containing spriggans and stranglers.
- 20x20px Wormroot Depths — An Ayleid ruin in the northwest corner of Grahtwood containing Daedra.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- 20x20px Bone Orchard — A large cemetery in southwest Grahtwood, northeast of Southpoint.
- 20x20px Brackenleaf — A grove in southeastern Grahtwood, north of Haven.
- 20x20px Cave of Broken Sails — A cave in southern Grahtwood, west of Haven.
- 20x20px Cormount — A town in northern Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Elden Root — A city in eastern-central Valenwood, in the Grahtwood region, and the capital city of the Aldmeri Dominion.
- 20x20px Falinesti Winter Site — The winter location of Falinesti, in central Grahtwood, just west of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Gil-Var-Delle — A giant ruined tree in western Grahtwood, west of Elden Root.
- Goldfolly — A ruin in northwestern Grahtwood, south of the Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px The Gray Mire — A community of Argonian refugees in southern Grahtwood, just east of Southpoint.
- 20x20px Haven — A port city in southeastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Karthdar — A small settlement in northeastern Grahtwood, southeast of Cormount.
- 20x20px Laeloria — An Ayleid ruin in central Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Ossuary of Telacar — A graveyard in eastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Redfur Trading Post — A town in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Reliquary of Stars — An Ayleid ruin in northern Grahtwood, west of Cormount.
- 20x20px Reman's Bluff — A rocky escarpment located southwest of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Southpoint — A city in southwestern Grahtwood.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- 20x20px Battle of Cormount Memorial — A monument west of Cormount in northern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Boar's Run Overlook — A hill southeast of Karthdar in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Faltonia's Mine — An abandoned mine south of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Forked Root Camp — A small hag dwelling north of Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Sacred Leap Grotto — A cave north of Haven in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Sweetbreeze Cottage — A house in southern Grahtwood, south of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Tarlain Bandit Camp — A camp in western Grahtwood, north of Gil-Var-Delle.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- 20x20px Fisherman's Isle — An island in southeast Grahtwood, east of Haven.
- 20x20px Temple of the Eight — An old temple in central Grahtwood, northwest of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Vineshade Lodge — A building in southeast Grahtwood, northwest of Haven.
Mundus Stones are objects in the world that grant a boon in the form of a temporary player buff. This buff will persist until replaced with a different Mundus Stone boon.
- 20x20px The Lord — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, and Deshaan.
- 20x20px The Mage — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
- 20x20px The Tower — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
World Events such as Dark Anchors are activities that occur in the world that are best tackled by a group of adventurers. Completing a World Event can award you experience, gold, and higher tier gear.
- 20x20px Green Hall Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Elden Root in eastern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Long Coast Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Haven in southern Grahtwood.
- 20x20px Tarlain Heights Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of Elden Root in northwestern Grahtwood.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- 20x20px Hircine's Henge — A small camp in central Grahtwood, southwest of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Lady Solace's Fen — A small swamp in central Grahtwood, just east of Elden Root.
- 20x20px Nindaeril's Perch — A small cove on the western shore of Grahtwood, north of Southpoint.
- 20x20px Poacher Camp — A small camp in northern Grahtwood, between Elden Root and Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px Thugrub's Cave — A small cave in northern Grahtwood, northwest of Redfur Trading Post.
- 20x20px Valanir's Rest — A small graveyard in central Grahtwood, west of Elden Root and east of Gil-Var-Delle.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Granted safe haven by the mages.||In Haven, on the ground on the western side of the Mages Guild hall.|
|The shrine of the south leads north.||Between Southpoint and the Bone Orchard.|
|Cooling off on the way to the Tower.||By a pond northwest of the Tower Stone.|
|Where the road to the root is an isle.||On a small island east of Elden Root, near an Ayleid ruin overgrown with vines.|
|Atop falls that feed the temple.||South-southeast of Karthdar, on top of the eastern waterfall.|
|Spotted from a treehouse vantage.||Southwest of Karthdar, west of a treehouse, under the root/road.|
|A doorway to trolls near Redfur.||Southwest of Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine.|
|Among ancient words in the stones.||On an island west of the Lord Stone.|
|Above a seasonal site of return.||East of Falinesti Winter Site, In the ruins.|
|Where Covenant forces pour forth.||In Ne Salas top small room.|
|A scrabbling, a skittering, a scurrying.||In The Scuttle Pit halfway in on the left wall.|
|Six-legged thunder invades.||In Burroot Kwama Mine Room almost at the end.|
|Not yet dead on the vine.||In Vinedeath Cave main room left side.|
|Stolen starlight in wormy depths.||In Wormroot Depths, main room south of entrance.|
|Mined by the bandits of Mobar.||In Mobar Mine, main room.|
|Crocs claimed a meal in the sunder.||In Root Sunder Ruins room left of the main hall lots of crocs.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree Inscribed by Beredalmo the Signifier — The story of Green-Sap, the Tower of the Bosmer
- Ayleid Survivals in Valenwood by Cuinur of Cloudrest, 4th Tier Scholar of Tamrielic Minutiae — Thalmor report on the Ayleid Diaspora in the First Era
- The Book of the Great Tree — Excerpts regarding the First Tree of the Elden Grove
- Common Arms of Valenwood by Mistral Aurelian Teriscor — An overview of Bosmeri philosophy regarding weapons and armaments
- The Devouring of Gil-Var-Delle by Fastor — On the mysterious destruction of an ancient Valenwood township
- In the Company of Wood Orcs by Sisarion — Extract from a Bosmer's journal recounting his experience with Wood Orcs
- The Legend of Vastarie by Afwa, a Student and Friend — On one of the most infamous necromancers of the Second Era
- Varieties of Faith: The Khajiit by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — A summary of the Khajiiti pantheon
- Varieties of Faith: The Wood Elves by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — A summary of the Bosmeri pantheon
- War Customs of the Tribal Bosmer by Mistral Aurelian Teriscor — What to expect from the warriors of the Valenwood forests
- The Dreamstride by The Mysterious Alchemists of Vaermina — A description of the nature and effect of Vaermina's Torpor
- The House of Troubles — Chronicle of the Daedra who decided not to submit to the Tribunal
- Monomyth: Lorkhan and Satakal — Excerpt of a theological book containing the common creation myths
- Monomyth: The Myth of Aurbis — Excerpt of a theological book containing the common creation myths
- Monomyth: "Shezarr's Song" — A theological book containing the common creation myths
- Civility and Etiquette: Wood Orcs I by Coristir, Sage Sojourner — An Altmer guidebook outlining the correct social protocols when dealing with the Wood Orcs
- Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer V by Marobar Sul — Book 5 of an incomplete series of fictional stories about the Dwemer
- Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer VI by Marobar Sul — Book 6 of a series of fictional stories about the Dwemer
- Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer X by Marobar Sul — Book 10 of a series of fictional stories about the Dwemer
- Arcana Restored by Wapna Neustra — Cryptic instructions for the restoration of Arcana
- Guild Memo on Soul Trapping by Vanus Galerion, Archmagister Emeritus — Vanus Galerion's proposal on the use of soul-trapping magics
- Liminal Bridges by Camilonwe of Alinor — A Discourse On The Theory and Praxis of Traveling Between Mundus and Oblivion
- Magic from the Sky by Zeroli Jarol — Treatise concerning Ayleid Wells, Welkynd Stones, and Varla Stones
- Manual of Spellcraft — An introduction to magic and the Mages Guild
- The Old Ways by Celarus the Loremaster — A guide to the Psijic Order and their beliefs
- On the Detachment of the Sheath by Arch-Prelate Fervidius Tharn — An explanation of an aspect of Aurbis
- Reality and Other Falsehoods — Summary of the basic principles of Alteration magic
- Before the Ages of Man: Dawn Era by Aicantar of Shimmerene — Chronicle of the major events of the Dawn Era
- Before the Ages of Man: Merethic Era by Aicantar of Shimmerene — Chronicle of the major events of the Merethic Era
- Ebony Blade History — A warning to whomever would seek to wield the power of the Ebony Blade
- Noxiphilic Sanguivoria by Cinna Scholasticus — An overview of a vampirism strain common during the Second Era
- A Werewolf's Confession by Captain Philmont of the Oldgate Lancers, Daggerfall Covenant Army — The confessions of a regretful lycanthrope