Prove your worth to Sotha Sil
Race Against Time: The Apprentice
The Apprentice is a location available in Race Against Time and is unlocked directly after you enter this map. During your search to get into the Inner Curiosity, you'll get into possession of the a memory star and replay the moment that Mecinar solves Sotha Sil's last riddle to enter the Halls of Contemplation. Memory stars are puzzles that can only be completed by one specific order of actions in-game. Once you complete it for the first time, you'll receive a playset of Gearwork Spider and Mecinar's Will.
- Sotha Sil: "I have had so many apprentices over the years. But I believe the man I met today has the potential to rival them all."
- During the match:
- Mecinar: "Great Sotha Sil. Have I not shown I have the skills to enter the Halls of Contemplation?"
- Sotha Sil: "You show much promise, Mecinar. Solve this last riddle, and I shall admit you."
As Mecinar, you'll have access to his emotes:
- Hello: "Good day, master."
- Oops: "My intellect is sharper than that."
- Good Game: "Excellent. I have learned much."
- Nice Play: "Brilliance!"
- Implore: "Grant me your wisdom, master."
- Thank you: "You're too kind, master. It will be the death of you."
- Taunt: "You will respect my genius!"
- Sorry: "Forgive me if I've overstepped my bounds."
- Sotha Sil: "The apprentice possesses a dangerous intellect. But to suppress such a mind would be a sin against potential, and a sin against Sotha Sil.
The following steps need to be completed in order to win the match in one turn.
You start with 12 magicka and need to bring down the opponent's health to 0.
- Steal Dwarven Dynamo with Mecinar's Will.
- Unsummon the newly acquired Dwarven Dynamo with Close Call
- Summon Dwarven Dynamo anywhere on the board and target Reconstructed Spider.
- Attack Dormant Centurion with your Dunmer Nightblade to trigger its last gasp effect which will put an Iron Sword into your hand.
- Equip Reconstructed Spider with the Iron Sword and attack Sotha Sil to win the match.
You start with 8 magicka and need to bring down the opponent's health to 0.
- Use Calm to reduce the attack of Indoril Archmage to 2 and steal it with Mecinar's Will.
- Activate Reconstruction Engine and target Indoril Archmage to reduce its health to 5. This allows you to destroy it by attacking Auroran Sentry and trigger Indoril Archmage's last gasp effect which will destroy the Auroran Sentry as well as the Hive Defender. The health of Sotha Sil is now increased to 8 due to Auroran Sentry's ability.
- Attack Sotha Sil with Kagouti Fabricant and attack an creature on the left lane with your Dunmer Nightblade to trigger its last gasp effect which will put an Iron Sword into your hand.
- Equip Helgen Squad Leader with the Iron Sword and attack Sotha Sil to win the match.
|Prev: Episode 4 Intro||Up: Return to Clockwork City||Next: Hall of Conveyance, Cogitum Centralis, or The Red Mountain|