|Appears in||Arena, ESO|
Jehanna (also called Jehenna or Jelhana) is one of the eight-major kingdoms in the province of High Rock, found on the northernmost icy shores of Wrothgar. It is described as being as beautiful as its name.
Layout & Geography
Jehanna sits on the northern shores of Wrothgar, in the ancestral territory of the Fharun Clan. In fact, the Jehanna Docks, a predeccesor of the city, was found at the base of a mountain where the Fharun Stronghold once stood. At this time, the Jehanna Docks were one of the two known harbors in Wrothgar, the other being Morkul Stronghold in the west. There are several sights found in the area, such as the ancient tomb of Coldwind's Den, the burial home of Coldwind, the legendary mount of Torug gro-Igron, founder of the First Orsinium. South of the harbor is the path on the base of Sorrow, the highest mountain peak in the Wrothgarian Mountains. Here the early Orcish chieftains would bury themselves. The mightier the chief, the higher the tomb. At the peak lies the tomb of Torug gro-Igron. Jehanna is neighbored by several settlements, including Cloud Spring to the southwest, Farrun to the west, and Skyrim to the east, towards Solitude.
Jehanna's founding is unknown, though the name, "Jehanna" may refer to a historical area in the Western Reach. The road from between Evermore and the Bjoulsae River, to the Wrothgarian Mountains is known as the Jehanna Road. It is a name that is recognized by scholars during the Interregnum, even though, as of 2E 583, the site that would become the city-state was nothing but an isolated jetty at the base of the Druadach Mountains. Between 2E 583, to 2E 854 in the midst of the Tiber Wars, the modern-day Kingdom of Jehanna was founded.
Amidst the Simulacrum, the War of Bend'r-mahk had raged across the borders of Skyrim, and both High Rock and Hammerfell. Skyrim had sought to reclaim ancient holdings from the First Empire of the Nords. The Nords had fought resistance against the Bretons and the Redguards, which was more active in the borderlands, than in the cities of Jehenna and Elinhir. By the waning years of the Third Era, Nordic Counts had claimed territory far out into the Western Reach and High Rock.
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Jehanna's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Iceblades".[UOL 1]
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The Throat of the World: Skyrim — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- A Dance in Fire, v4 — Waughin Jarth
- Map of Tamriel — The Elder Scrolls Anthology
- Map of High Rock — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- Etiquette With Rulers — Erystera Ligen
- Jehanna location and rumors in Arena
- Map of Skyrim — The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Improved Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: Northern Bangkorai and the Mountains — Flaccus Terentius, 2E 581
- Loremaster's Episode of ESO-RP ZOS Interview
- Jehanna Docks location in ESO: Orsinium
- Map of High Rock — Pocket Guide to the Empire (3rd Edition)
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.