Nafaalilargus the Imperial Red Dragon
|Race and Gender||Dragon Male|
|Resided in||Stros M'Kai|
Nafaalilargus (sometimes spelled Nafalilargus or N'falilaargas) was a red dragon working as a mercenary in the employ of Tiber Septim during his conquest of Tamriel. He was a proud soldier, a loyal vassal and considered "a jewel of the Imperial crown". During the Battle of Hunding Bay, the dragon was called in to help defeat the Crowns of Hammerfell. He sank Prince A'tor's ship with a single fiery breath after the prince had been struck down by a poisoned arrow, destroying all hope of A'tor's wizard removing the poison.
Nafaalilargus was then put under the command of Lord Amiel Richton, who had been named the provisional governor of Stros M'Kai. He was assigned to guard the soul gem of Prince A'tor, in the treasuries beneath the island's palace. The dragon was slain in 2E 864 by Cyrus the Redguard, who then stole back the soul gem. His death weakened the Imperial presence on the island considerably. However, due to the nature of dragons, Nafaalilargus isn't truly dead and could be raised again.
- There is no known translation of Nafaalilargus' name in the Dragon Language, although the "faal" in his name translates as "the". Its name also has more than the usual three syllables found in most other dragon names.
- Nafaalilargus shares several similarities with a dragon named Nahfahlaar, who was recorded by the Blades in their Atlas of Dragons in 2E 373. Nahfahlaar repeatedly allied himself with mortal protectors, which had prevented the Blades from eliminating him. The last recorded alliance was with King Casimir II of Wayrest, which the Dragonguard successfully ended in 2E 369. At the time of writing, his whereabouts were unknown to the Blades. If Nahfahlaar and Nafaalilargus are one and the same, it can be assumed that the dragon continued his habit of allying with mortals when he hired on with Tiber Septim in the late Second Era.
- Introduction of Redguard
- The Redguard Companion
- Nafaalilargus' conversation with Cyrus
- Recover the Soul Gem quest in Redguard
- Events of Skyrim
- Atlas of Dragons — Brother Mathnan
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- Sven's cut dialogue in Skyrim