|3rd||Cure Blight Disease|
- "Ash salts are hard grey crystals formed from the ash deposited by ash storms in the ash wastes and lava fields. Ash salts are most often collected from the remains of creatures like the ash slave, the ash ghoul, and ash zombie."
Ash salts are found on the corpses of most ash creatures. For some reason, resist magicka is listed as both the second and fourth effects for this ingredient. It is not known whether this makes the ingredient any more potent for creating resist magicka potions, or if the extra effect is redundant and essentially useless. In vanilla Morrowind, ash salts are the only ingredient with this effect. The Bloodmoon expansion adds one other ingredient with a resist magicka effect. Also, ash salts are one of only two ingredients which can be used to create cure blight disease potions, the other ingredient being scrib jelly.
Ash salts can be purchased from the following restocking vendors:
- Eldrilu Dalen (5) - Vos Chapel, Vos
- Folvys Andalor (5) - Ald'ruhn Temple, Ald'ruhn
- Relms Gilvilo (5) - Redoran Temple Shrine, Redoran Canton, Vivec
- Scelian Plebo (5) - Imperial Shrine, Wolverine Hall, Sadrith Mora
- Somutis Vunnis (5) - Moonmoth Legion Fort
- Telis Salvani (5) - Balmora Temple, Balmora
- Tivam Sadri (5) - Holamayan Monastery
The largest single source of free ash salts by far is the Urshilaku Burial Caverns. All of the mummies buried here have a sample, along with bonemeal. There are 34 of them in total. No other single location has more than 2 guaranteed samples. Another good place to look is in ancestral tombs. Most tombs have from 1-4 "cloth sacks", each of which has an 60% chance of containing ash salts. Ash salts are also often left as offerings around the burials in tombs.