Morrowind:Fortify Maximum Magicka
|Fortify Maximum Magicka|
(Click on any item for details)
Mantle of WoeBM
Fortify Maximum Magicka Fx INT
This effect increases the Intelligence multiplication factor used to determine a character's maximum Magicka. The fortification value is added to the base multiplier of 1.0. For example, Altmer characters have a bonus 1.5 Fortify Maximum Magicka, which means their Magicka pool is set to 2.5 times their Intelligence. If that Altmer had The Atronach birthsign, then the total fortification would be 4.5 (1.0(base) + 1.5 (Race) + 2.0(Birthsign)). Altogether this gives the character 4.5x INT total Magicka, which gives a total maximum (with intelligence at 100) of 450 Magicka.
Internally, the magnitude of this effect is stored in points, M. The relationship to the displayed bonus, F is:
- F = M/10
In the original game, this effect is only available through racial bonuses and birthsigns. Below is a list of such bonuses:
- Altmer ability: Fortify Maximum Magicka 1.5× INT (15 pts)
- Breton ability: Fortify Maximum Magicka 0.5× INT (5 pts)
- The Apprentice birthsign (Elfborn ability): Fortify Maximum Magicka 1.5× INT (15 pts)
- The Atronach birthsign (Wombburn ability): Fortify Maximum Magicka 2.0× INT (20 pts)
- The Mage birthsign (Fay ability): Fortify Maximum Magicka 0.5× INT (5 pts)
Only one ingredient has this listed as one of its effects: Horker Tusk from Bloodmoon. Since there is only one, and it is not a first-effect ingredient, it is impossible to get this effect via alchemy.