Morrowind:Malacath of the House of Troubles
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Endryn Llethan and receive the key to the Archcanon's office.
- Talk to Archcanon Tholer Saryoni in his office for your duties.
- Get four daedra's hearts to visit the Statue of Malacath as part of the Pilgrimages of the Four Corners.
- Travel to Sheogorad and find the statue southwest of Dagon Fel.
- Activate the shrine with your four hearts to receive the poem Four Corners of the House of Troubles and the Blessings of the First Corner.
Once you reach the rank of Diviner, Endryn Llethan at the High Fane in the Vivec's Temple Canton will tell you that Archcanon Tholer Saryoni wishes to speak with you. He will give you the key to the Archcanon's quarters in the Crosier of the High Fane. Go speak with the Archcanon and he will ask you to perform yet more pilgrimages, this time the Pilgrimages of the Four Corners. You must visit and activate four shrines related to the four 'bad' Daedra Lords (Four Corners of the House of Troubles). The shrines must be visited the correct order for you to be able to complete the pilgrimages. Visit Saryoni after you complete each portion to get more information on the next part.
Archcanon Saryoni then tells you that the First Corner of the House of Troubles is Malacath. Visit his shrine southwest of Dagon Fel (west of Mzuleft, nestled in some hills) with four Daedra's Hearts and recite the poem Four Corners of the House of Troubles.
Malacath of the House of Troubles
If you've been fighting any Daedra, chances are you have a good supply of hearts already, but if not, a good number of alchemist shops also sell them (Nalcarya of White Haven in Balmora for example). Once you have your hearts, find the shrine, which is simply a large Statue of Malacath surrounded by a number of Orc worshippers. Activate the shrine with your four hearts in your inventory by getting close and clicking when the name appears, to receive the poem (which you don't really have to recite) and the Blessings of the First Corner (Fortify Strength 10-20 pts for 48 min).
Return to Archcanon Saryoni in Vivec for instructions on the next Corner of the House of Troubles.
- There is another shrine of Malacath inside Assurdirapal, and activating the statue in it opens Malacath's Quest. That shrine will not work for this House of Troubles quest, or vice versa.
- Due to a bug, it is possible to receive this quest by speaking to Saryoni about bad daedra and then four corners and do the Pilgrimages of the Four Corners and Mount Assarnibibi pilgrimage at any time – even if you aren't a member of the Tribunal Temple. Some of the Four Corners pilgrimages need to be done in order, and all four are required for the Mount Assarnibibi pilgrimage to get the Ebony Mail. There are no known issues with this, so if you later decide to finish the Temple faction's quests you should be fine.
- Cursed Daedra Hearts will not work; you must have four non-cursed hearts to complete this quest.
- It is also possible to complete this pilgrimage and receive the blessing by carrying four non-cursed Hearts and simply touching the statue, without receiving or even speaking to any of the quest givers earlier.
- There are four mid-level Orc worshippers at the shrine, each clad in Orcish and steel armor, some of whom wield Orcish weapons. They will usually be hostile, though their lookout on the trail around the corner is less apt to attack.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Malacath of the House of Troubles (TT_DagonFel)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|1||I heard that Archcanon Tholer Saryoni wishes to speak with me. I have been given a key to his quarters.|
|10||Tholer Saryoni told me that the First Corner of the House of Troubles is Malacath. There is a shrine to Malacath on the island of Sheogorad. To get there I should go south past the Dwemer ruins and take the second road heading west. I must find this shrine, donate four daedra hearts, and recite Vivec's "Four Corners."|
|100||I made the Pilgrimage to Dagon Fel and read a passage from the Four Corners of the House of Troubles.|
|Prev: Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces||Up: Tribunal Temple Quests||Next: Mehrunes Dagon of the House of Troubles|