The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- Your base disposition with NPCs - every two points of Personality adds one point to Disposition.
- Your ability to persuade people by any means.
- The ability to bargain, in tandem with the Mercantile skill.
The starting values for Personality vary by race and gender:
The following classes receive a +10 Bonus to Personality:
- Agent, Bard, Healer, Knight, Pilgrim, Rogue
- The Birthsign of The Lady grants an additional 25 points in Personality.
- While raising Personality grants a bonus to the Disposition NPCs have towards you, the opposite is also true. Thus if you Fortify the attribute, when the effect wears off you may find previously neutral or even friendly NPCs dislike you. A likely side effect of drinking a Personality super potion is that everyone who laid eyes on you while under the influence will drop to 0 Disposition once it wears off, regardless of what they thought of you before you drank it, or if you talked to them during that time. Speechcraft and/or Charm can be used to repair this.