(Click on any item for details)
Reflect M% for D seconds
Gives a M% chance that incoming hostile spells will be reflected back at their caster. Spells that are not reflected will behave normally, doing their full effect.
- Reflect works as a percentage chance based on the total on a given target. Unlike Spell Absorption, separate instances of reflect are additive. As such, 100% reflect can be created through using multiple items at the same time. Also, this means that more than 100% reflect does not have any extra value.
- If a spell is reflected, the caster will be immediately subjected to its effects, regardless of the means the spell was cast. Reflected spells cannot be dodged or avoided, since they have no projectile or range.
- Spells can only be reflected once.
- 100% Reflect will make you basically immune to all magical damage, with the exception of damage reflected back to you by an enemy who is also using spell reflection. If both the caster and the target have 100% Reflect spells in effect, the spell can only be reflected once, so the caster will end up being hit with the spell. Note in addition to spells reflected back, you can also take damage from large area of effect damage that connects with another target. The best example of this is Shockbloom or Poisonbloom from a Daedroth you reflect back at it from within 10 feet.
- Reflect will work in combination with Spell Absorption, whichever effect was applied first will take precedence. So if you have an absorption effect like Wombburn active, all Reflect applied afterwards can only work on spells not absorbed.
- Spells which are not first reflected or absorbed can still be Resisted by the appropriate Resist effect. This includes your own spells that were reflected back at you. The strength of the spells are not first reduced by the original (pre-reflection) target's resistances. They are affected by the resistances of the new (post-reflection) target.
- Several artifacts and unique items make Reflect available as a constant effect:
- Other artifacts and unique items that provide this effect include:
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Reflect: