Puzzle Box location
Where do I find the box within this ruins? Do I need to open up any doors?--ShakenMike 19:59, 20 February 2007 (EST)
- If this is solved, it's a good idea to post the solution rather than deleting the conversation. This way, if anybody else has the same problem, he/she'll be able to solve it by reading this conversation. --DrPhoton 08:47, 21 February 2007 (EST)
- The Dwemer puzzle box is in one of the cells of hollow hand, on a shelf (a bottom shelf I think). You don't have to open any locked doors to get there.Zoidberg 10:04, 21 February 2007 (EST)
While exploring the ruin, I found a key which claims to be for an ornate Dwemer door; after I brought back the puzzle box, I got a "Lower Angkrthand key". What do these keys unlock? I unlocked everything in sight with lockpicks; are they going to get me anywhere new? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 07:01 on 21 July 2008
- There's a full list of keys and their effects here. In this case, the Key to Lower Arkngthand doesn't open anything. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:13, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
- Actually, that's not true, the key opens the door from Heaven's Gallery to Land's Blood Gallery. It's only a 32pt lock, so it's easy enough to open without the key, but there is a use for it. (Note that unlike Oblivion, ANY lock in Morrowind can be opened without the key if you're skilled enough or use an Ekash's Locksplitter scroll, so pretty much all keys are really unnecessary, except for those few you need for quests.) --TheRealLurlock Talk 08:58, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
Does any one else think that heavan's gallery could have possibly been a dwenmer observitory. If looked at from the right angle the big piece of machinery kinda looks like a telescope It fits with how advanced their race was.
126.96.36.199 00:30, 18 September 2008 (EDT)
- Actually, if you fly around the outdoor structures, you can find the exterior portion of that. It looks a lot more like a cannon than a telescope. Also, on the inside, there is no mechanism for an eye piece. That little nub thing is too high up for any race in Tamriel to look through. But does look a lot like a fuse plug. --188.8.131.52 19:53, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
To me it looked like we're the elder scroll in skyrim was kept
There is a Dwemer Coherer on the upper ledge in the telescope room (probably accessible only with levitation), which is needed for a couple of quests. 184.108.40.206 19:14, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
Don't forget about the extra Dwemer Tube.
There is also a Dwemer Tube located on the back of one of the large steam engines located I believe in the "Cells of the Hollow Hand".
Moved from main article
(If the door is bugged then jump onto and try and glitch in until you is a Romanesque looking mural on the door, continue to run into the door and look around in first person till it pops up and then action it.)
- I moved this from the main article, mainly because I can't make much sense of it, but also because it's probably not suitable for the main article. --GuildKnightTalk2me 23:13, 12 January 2009 (EST)
- I think what guild was trying to say is that the door to arkngthand glitches. I got around this by jumping into the stone ball at the front entrance, then repeatedly casting a spell i didnt have enough magic to cast. i hope this is deemed sight worthy, and it saves someone the half hour of flustration i experienced. 220.127.116.11 12:31, 21 December 2009 (UTC)jpass
Can someone tell me please where is the key to Land Blood Gallery? Thanks --18.104.22.168 16:30, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's held by Hasphat Antabolis, who can be talked into handing it over. See this page for a full list of keys. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:06, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, I hadn't finished the quest, so I didn't know he would give it to me after it was finished. Thanks again, you and all your mates in uesp are always very kind and always answer the questions I ask about both Morrowind and Oblivion. 22.214.171.124 14:51, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
Am I the only one who has had problems picking up the Dwemer Pitcher on the same shelf as the Puzzle Box? This has happened to me on both the GOTY X-Box version, and on the fully patched PC version. I try to pick the pitcher up, and the game saves. On the X-Box, I think it went back to the title screen, i'm not sure, it's been a while. On the PC, I got a box saying something about a missing pointer or something, I'm not sure what that is, and then it CTD'ed. --Ryandom93 05:03, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
- I have seen these one-off errors occasionally myself. It often happens with me picking up the Brandy in the Hlaalu mansion. If I pick-up the one upstairs, and then the one downstairs, it crashes like that about half the time. I do not remember if I have ever had it happen with this pitcher, though I do remember it happening somewhere in Arkngthand at least once. --Brf 11:37, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
- It's the "bad memory pointer" bug. As far as I know, it has something to do with the cell loading improperly, so that the pointer attached to the object leads nowhere upon activating. However, the practical implication is you can't help it, even if you save your game before picking it up the cell has already loaded the wrong way. And yes, somehow there are several specific objects more prone to this, that pitcher definitely being one of them.
- Is it a good idea to create the list of such "better left alone" objects? I am afraid it won't be easy to distinguish between "happened to me once" and "happens half the time". 126.96.36.199 14:17, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Perhaps I should have included my ideas for a revision in this talk page as well, but as it also pertained to two other Dwemer Ruins pages, I figured it was most appropriate in the general Dwemer Ruins discussion page. I laid out my argument there. Maybe I let my enthusiasm get the better of me and should have waited for more people to weigh in! If so, I'll know for next time. Aran-Cthulhu 03:51, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
Leveling up a PC inside Arkngthand
I recently took a well-equipped level-4 Khajiit into this ruin, and without leaving until finished, explored every nook and cranny, and gradually gathered all the loot, (about 700 weight), in one place so as to later carry it out using an Intervention spell. He leveled up to 8 shortly after leaving the ruin. Based upon this, I'm creating a note about the size of the ruin. Downstrike (talk) 20:29, 21 April 2013 (GMT)
- That's not really what notes are for. I have removed the note. This is true whenever you go out for large periods of time. If someone's skills lie in speechcraft, mercantile, sneak, security, etc, they might not level up in the ruin. Just because it happened for you doesn't mean it is noteworthy. Jeancey (talk) 22:10, 21 April 2013 (GMT)
I can't find the entry. I can't open the entry. I can't find a lever or something else that will open the entry. Where is the entry and where is the thing that will open the entry? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 10:27 on 4 June 2013
- I couldn't tell you from experience, but did you try this?
- East from Balmora and up the hill on the north side of Fort Moonmoth, a bridge spans the Foyada Mamaea. The entrance to Arkngthand can be found by turning slightly to the right on the east side of this bridge.
- ⇠eshetalk 15:41, 4 June 2013 (GMT)
- Sorry for necroposting, but I have done this recently, so I may be able to help. Once you cross the bridge, go towards your right and you will see a very tall tower (which I think may be a steam chimney). At the bottom of it is a crank handle. You need to turn it and then run to your right, to find the entrance to Arkngthand. If you are quick enough, you will see two sides of a globe-shaped object open, revealing the door, and then they close again. In order to access Arkngthand, you need to go through the door while the globe is open. Keep turning the handle and going over to the globe until you get through. — Daric✐ 23:33, 18 July 2013 (GMT)