Morrowind talk:Boethiah's Quest
Shrine Build Time?
(Removed from article) Note: On PCs with both expansions and the patch, as well as the Xbox version, it takes only 21 days, and doesn't give a journal update (just go to the shrine when the 21 days have passed).
- I don't remember any in-game references to exactly how long it will take to build the shrine, only that it will take 'several weeks'. Where does the 45 days mentioned in the article come from?
- Whenever I've done the quest, it's always taken 21 days, and I've never received a journal update telling me that the shrine is complete. Given that the note above mentions all versions of Morrowind, I think this is standard.
- Another thing I have heard mentioned is that if you visit the shrine before it is completed, you will either delay or prevent its construction. Can anybody confirm or deny this?
- --Gaebrial 03:04, 24 April 2008 (EDT)
- Quick response: As I remember it, the time is 45 days for PC straight, and 21 days for XBox/PC GoTY. I can do some checking tomorrow. --Benould•T•C 03:38, 24 April 2008 (EDT)
- As to visiting the build site: not sure, if it'll work the same in plain Morrowind, but with patch(and Tribunal) visting the site of the new shrine will NOT delay the building time; you even get to see the various stages of the construction.
- As to the building time: I seem to remember as well that it took around 40 days to complete in plain Morrowind. -22.214.171.124 17:00, 7 August 2008 (EDT)
- I think each day has a random chance of it being completed. I finished the quest at day 125 and I had to wait until day 186 before the statue finished (which is 61 days). I loaded a game that I had saved on day 171 and did the waiting process again, saving on day 185, but when it got to day 186 the statue hadn't been built yet; it took until day 198 before it finally finished. I loaded the game yet again (starting on day 185) and the statue built on day 191. On the fourth reload it took until day 194. The next time I tried killing the Sculptor and after day 201 it hadn't built yet (I reloaded after this). I tried leaving the Sculptor alive, but killing the workers on the scaffolding; it hadn't built after day 203 (after which I reloaded). I also tried standing on the rock and on the scaffolding and each time the statue hadn't built after day 200+. To check if maybe I was just being impatient before giving up, I tried again without doing anything and it took until day 222 to be built so that clearly makes the previous few tests inconclusive as to whether killing the Sculptor/workers or standing on the rock affects whether it will be built or not. Maybe someone with more patience than me could do some more testing.--126.96.36.199 12:01, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
(outdent) It takes 21 days on both patched and unpatched, standard and GotY PC editions. And there's no problem receiving the sword either. I've updated the article accordingly. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 11:13, 1 September 2008 (EDT)
Quest Opening Bug?
Whatever I do, the head of the statue won't talk to me. I've traveled to M'Aik to open the quest, but the head still refuses to talk. I've checked in the TES Construction Set if I was at the right location: I was. But it still did not work out. Has somebody also run into this problem? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 7 July 2010