(Click on any item for details)
Absorb Attribute M points for D seconds
Transfer M points of a given Attribute from the target to the spellcaster; the effect lasts for D seconds. On the target, the effect is comparable to Drain Attribute; on the spellcaster the effect is comparable to Fortify Attribute.
Internally, all of the various Absorb Attribute effects are considered to be the same, so learning Absorb Strength, for example, will give you access to all eight Absorb Attribute commands at the Spellmaking Altar.
- Only "On Touch" absorb spells are possible, even at the spellmaking altar.
- Despite the availability of Absorb Attribute for custom enchanting on Bows, the range limitation inherent in Absorb effects makes the effect largely useless. The Marksman must be very close for the Absorb effect to apply at all, thereby defeating the purpose of using a Bow. The maximum range is currently unknown. There are no patches known which address this issue.
- This effect can be gained for spell making and enchanting via spells only.
- Drain vs. Damage vs. Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Restore vs. Fortify vs. Absorb: A comparison of these similar effects.
- Damage Attribute, Drain Attribute, Fortify Attribute, Restore Attribute
- Absorb Fatigue, Absorb Health, Absorb Magicka, Absorb Skill