|Available||8am-8pm every day|
Annal of the Fire Nexus
Bugak gro-Bol is the only Orc bookseller in Cyrodiil and the proprietor of Southern Books in Leyawiin. He sells books and scrolls, including the unique Annal of the Fire Nexus, and offers basic training in Blunt.
His passion for the written word is far from typical Orc behavior, and Bugak has heard his share of taunting comments from his own kind. The strange mixture of Orc brutality and book-related knowledge also puzzles the townsfolk of Leyawiin. Fortunately, Bugak can't be bothered too much about all this and lives the life of a typical merchant with plenty of hard work and very little spare time. His bedroom is located on the ground floor and he sleeps there every night between midnight and 6am. After waking up, he takes a two-hour breakfast in his private library on the second floor. At 8am, he unlocks the door and spends the next twelve hours offering his various services to the occasional customer. He closes up shop at 8pm and exits the store for a breath of fresh air, preferably at the foot of the stairs leading to the Blackwood Company. At 9pm, he returns to the store and eats a three-hour dinner on the second floor before going to bed at midnight.
The townsfolk of Leyawiin have noticed the Orc bookseller with the strange behavior. When asked about rumors they will tell you that: "Bugak gro-Bol has some good books at Southern Books. He's an odd one, though. Always seems ready for a fight." and "Bugak gro-Bol always seems ready for a fight. Seems odd for a bookseller."
When you approach him for the first time, it becomes apparent he is no ordinary bookseller and that the townsfolk might be right: "Yeah. Buy a goddam book. It's a bookstore, ain't it? Don't just go peeking at them! Buy one! I'm Bugak gro-Bol, and I say you better buy a goddam book. And right away, dammit!" When asked about his city of choice, he will explain just how sick and tired he is of being taunted all the time: "I am SICK of Orcs coming in here and giving me the business. 'Ooh. Bugak got a book store. Ooh. Bugak's a sissy scroll-scribbler!'"
- His private library on the second floor contains a copy of the Alteration skill book Reality & Other Falsehoods.
- Bugak's evening meal is supposed to last only two hours. The reason it lasts for three is that he lacks a "default" AI package so keeps performing the same action when its intended duration expires.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.3.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- There is a minor glitch where the store never actually opens to the public. Entering will be considered trespassing, but Bugak will still conduct business, provided the hours are between 8am and 8pm.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.