|# Samples||56 (respawning)|
The ingredient Crab Meat is found on Mud Crabs and can also be found as food.
56 guaranteed samples can be found (these locations will respawn since crab meat is food), in the locations marked with red crosses on the map. The places with the highest numbers of samples are:
- 12 samples are on the Giant Slaughterfish in Bravil Wizard's Grotto (the giant slaughterfish does not respawn, so these 12 samples do not respawn).
- 6 samples are in the Mystic Emporium Private Quarters in the Imperial City Market District
- 6 samples are in Shafaye's House in Pell's Gate
- 4 samples are in Vilena Donton's House in Chorrol
- 3 samples are in Natch Pinder's House in Hackdirt
- 3 samples are in the Anvil Castle Dining Hall
- 3 samples are in Vilverin
- 3 samples are in the Chorrol Mages Guild
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of food vendors, in the inventories of alchemy vendors, and in food containers.
Crab Meat comes from Mud Crabs, including the Spectral Mud Crab. Mud crabs are found along shores everywhere and are common nuisance beasts in many dungeons that contain water. They are encountered at all levels. Places where they are guaranteed appear are shown as red squares (exterior locations) and red circles (dungeons) on the map. The best places to find large numbers of crabs are:
- The Talos Plaza Sewers in the Imperial City, where there are 15 guaranteed respawning Mud Crabs. A total of 24 are likely (based on probabilities for each creature to appear and be a Mud Crab).
- The Market Sewers in the Imperial City, where there are 5 guaranteed respawning Mud Crabs; 9 are likely.
- The Bastion in the Imperial City Legion Headquarters, where there are 8 guaranteed respawning Mud Crabs; 11 are likely.