Oblivion:Frostcrag Spire (quest)
- After installing the plug-in, you automatically receive the deed to Frostcrag Spire.
- Visit Frostcrag Spire to find out about the relative who built it.
- Travel to the Mystic Emporium in the Imperial City to purchase upgrades.
A Long Lost Relative
After installing the plug-in and loading the game you will receive a deed telling that you have inherited a property called Frostcrag Spire from a long-lost relative. It is a wizard-style tower located east of Bruma. It will be marked on your map and available for fast travel; it can also be reached by following an unmarked road. Upon getting there you will discover an empty tower with extraordinary properties. If you start a new game with this plug-in loaded, the deed and quest will be given to you right after you enter the sewers from the sanctum in the tutorial level.
Lifetime of Dedication
In the first room, which initially looks like the only room, you should find a dusty tome called Frostcrag Spire Memoirs, which tells you about the place's history. A few seconds after you open and close the Frostcrag Spire Memoirs, the north wall of the room will move away providing access to the rest of the tower.
To rebuild the tower, follow the quest marker to the Mystic Emporium in the Imperial City Market District. In the Mystic Emporium you will find Aurelinwae, who sells all of the upgrades for Frostcrag Spire.
The Glory of Frostcrag
To fully complete the quest:
- Buy all the upgrades for your new home (Frostcrag Alchemy Lab, Bedroom Area, Library Area, Vault Area, and the Magetallow candles).
- Place the Magetallow candles on the two altars in the Frostcrag Spire Main Level (the first room you enter and straight ahead from the door).
Completing this quest will add an additional container (a Jewelry Box) on the top of a bookshelf in the bedroom that contains an enchanted ring.
|Frostcrag Spire (DLCFrostcragSpire)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||According to a deed that's been delivered to me, I've inherited a property called Frostcrag Spire from a long-lost relative. I've marked its location on my map. At the next opportunity, I should make my way out there and inspect my new acquisition.|
|20||I've arrived at Frostcrag Spire. I should make my way inside this curious but extraordinary tower.|
|30||I've discovered a dusty tome within Frostcrag Spire. I should read it to learn more about this unusual structure.|
|40||After reading the dusty tome, I've learned that I can purchase everything I need to restore this place to its former glory from Aurelinwae at the Mystic Emporium in the Market District of the Imperial City.|
|50||I've now purchased everything Aurelinwae had available for Frostcrag Spire.|
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DLCFrostcragSpire stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
- The installation of the Fighter's Stronghold official plug-in will cause problems when you try to buy the upgrades. Read the Mystic Emporium bug section for more details.
- This bug is fixed by version 12 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- If you read the Frostcrag Spire Memoirs and take the book rather than close the book, the second room may not open at all.