- Once you have a Restoration skill of 70, speak with Marz or Ohtesse.
- Save the city of Kvatch to receive training from Oleta.
Save a City
The two advanced trainers who can give you the master training reference necessary to start this quest are Marz in the Great Chapel of Mara in Bravil and Ohtesse in the Great Chapel of Arkay in Cheydinhal. They will direct you to Oleta, a citizen of Kvatch.
Oleta's requirement before she will provide training is that you must complete The Battle for Castle Kvatch quest.
- If you have installed Knights of the Nine, obtaining the master training reference may be the most difficult part of the quest. Both Marz and Ohtesse are always killed during the Knights of the Nine quest line. Two replacement advanced trainers, Beem-Kiurz and Kinther, appear at the end of the quest line, but the replacements will not provide a reference for master training. Therefore it is only possible to receive restoration master training if you get the reference before completing the Knights of the Nine quest The Sword of the Crusader.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- If both Marz and Ohtesse are dead you can manually activate the quest via the console command
setstage trainingrestoration 10.
|Restoration Training (TrainingRestoration)
||If I wish to train further in Restoration, I must find Oleta at the Chapel of Akatosh in Kvatch.
||I must finish saving Kvatch from the Daedra that have attacked it before Oleta will train me.
||Oleta thanked me for helping to save Kvatch, and offered to train me in Restoration.
||Oleta is dead. I have no chance of being taught more about Restoration magic now.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage TrainingRestoration stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.