Oblivion:Serpent Hollow Cave

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
Serpent Hollow Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
(1 boss-level Monster)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Chest
Console Location Code(s)
SerpentHollowCaveExterior, SerpentHollowCave, SerpentHollowCave02
Great Forest
South of Chorrol, North of Skingrad
Serpent Hollow Cave

Serpent Hollow Cave is a medium-sized cave between Chorrol and Skingrad containing monsters. It contains two zones: Serpent Hollow Cave and Serpent Hollow Chillers.


  • This cave contains a whopping 101 Cairn Bolete plants, making it the single largest concentration in the game. 71 Wisp Stalk plants can also be found.


Key to Maps
Map of Serpent Hollow Cave, Exterior

Zone 1: Serpent Hollow Cave[edit]

Serpent Hollow Cave

Serpent Hollow Cave is a relatively small and generic dungeon, with little in terms of loot or valuable treasure. However, it has a large amount of enemies in the first zone to make up for the lack of loot. Fortunately, many of these enemies are mere nuisance animals.

The second room in the cave splits into two distinct areas. There is a chest in the right area, but the rest of the dungeon is accessed through the left corridor. There is one more loot chest in this area before you reach door C, leading to Serpent Hollow Chillers.



Doors and Gates:

Zone 2: Serpent Hollow Chillers[edit]

Serpent Hollow Chillers

Serpent Hollow Chillers has far fewer creatures and treasure than the first zone, but is home to the boss-level monster (A) and chest (B). There is a small area off of the normal cave that can be accessed through the left corridor from the first room in the zone. but it only contains an additional creature. A mist blanketing this area's second room gives the zone its Chillers name. Otherwise, this zone is fairly linear and just as undistinguished as the first zone.


  • 1 boss-level Monster at location A on map
  • 5 Monster Enemies (each 80% probability Monster, 20% Rat)


  • 1 boss-level Chest (Monster variety) at location B on map
  • The following plants will always be found: 36 Cairn Bolete plants and 23 Wisp Stalk plants

Doors and Gates: