|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Thieves Den|
|Available||8am-8pm every day|
|Training||Security, Advanced (75)|
|Sells||Potions of Magnification, Open scrolls|
The related upgrade also includes a "Training Chest" that can be used to effectively train your Security skill: it has a Hard Lock that immediately locks again every time it is successfully opened. This is where Tahm spends most of his time (8am to 8pm) standing and reading, in the northwest corner of the main cave (near the entrance from Smuggler's Cave).
He sells the unique Potions of Magnification and standard Open scrolls. The Restoration spells he sells are also unique. Additionally, he provides training in Security up to level 75. Despite being able to sell plenty of them, the only spells Tahm can actually use are Open Very Easy Lock and Minor Fortify Security.
He sells the following spells:
|Open Very Easy Lock||Novice||7||Open Very Easy Lock (7 pts) on Target|
|Open Easy Lock||Apprentice||29||Open Easy Lock (20 pts) on Target|
|Open Average Lock||Journeyman||72||Open Average Lock (40 pts) on Target|
|Open Hard Lock||Expert||176||Open Hard Lock (80 pts) on Target|
|Minor Fortify Security*||Novice||14||Fortify Security 5 pts for 30 secs on Self|
|Wraithwind*||Apprentice||28||Fortify Sneak 5 pts for 30 secs on Self
Fortify Security 5 pts for 30 secs on Self
|Major Fortify Security*||Apprentice||34||Fortify Security 10 pts for 30 secs on Self|
|Greater Fortify Security*||Journeyman||124||Fortify Security 20 pts for 45 secs on Self|
|Greater Wraithwind*||Journeyman||68||Fortify Sneak 10 pts for 30 secs on Self
Fortify Security 10 pts for 30 secs on Self
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
- Tahm is often seen picking fights with other occupants of Dunbarrow Cove, and will randomly run across the cave to attack either Melliwin, Khafiz, or Kovan Kren. They will fight until one or the other is knocked unconscious (since they are all essential, nobody ever dies during these fights), but sometimes Tahm will run away and possibly not come back. While engaged in a fight neither combatant will offer any services.
- This bug is fixed by version 12 of the Unofficial Oblivion DLC Patches.
- Create or use an already existing Calm spell (up to at least level 10+, and with a relatively large area of effect), and if the merchants begin fighting, fire the spell until they are all calm. After that simply use the wait feature and wait for any amount of time. When you "wake up", the pirates should be walking back to their posts as if nothing happened.
- Try to get the fight to move to an area away from either person's usual area. In that case, once somebody falls unconscious, the other person will wander off, which tends to cease the fight, especially if you then start interacting with one of the participants.
- Wait for some period of time (12 hours, 24 hours) and see if their behavior resets.
- Select one participant in the fight and use the kill command. This will knock that participant unconscious and should reset the behavior of both combatants.