Online:Aunt Anela's Cookbook
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|See Also||Lore version|
|Collection||Houses, Shops, and Trade|
|Found in the following locations:|
Aunt Anela's Cookbook
by Aunt Anela
Recipes for various beverages
- Set several shallow pans of boiled pig's milk cream where the cat can't step on them and leave alone for a day, then stir several times per day thereafter.
- Strain the whey into a separate vessel, keeping the curds in their pans. Break the curds apart with a spoon, then allow the curds to dry into shards.
- Stir daily to keep them from spoiling. Once dry, use these shards to thicken skimmed pig's milk, or to add more cream to plain pig's milk.
- Bottle and let ferment for 3 weeks.
- Note that you can drink the whey immediately, or use it in other recipes.
- Poor fresh blood into shallow pans and place in the cold cave till nearly congealed. Meanwhile, whip together a couple of chicken egg yolks and melted tallow.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the blood into chunks, then dice. This is why you let it congeal first—it's impossible to dice fresh blood!
- Whip the blood slivers with the yolks and tallow, adding more tallow if needed to thin into a beverage. Add salt to taste.
- Set aside for a month to allow it to ferment.
Fermented Honey Liquor:
- Combine two hives' of strained honey with twice the amount of water, and a handful of hops. Cover and let ferment for a season before tasting. Ladle into bottles, seal them with beeswax, and put away.
- The longer you let the bottles sit, the better the liquor will be.