The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
- "Yes, what is it? Not much time to talk. Important magic to cast, here. There's a Daedra loose, and a binding spell is our best chance for getting that beast under control."
- What's going on here?
- "I'm with the Lion Guard—we were responding to reports of a Goblin infestation.
- Find them we did, but a fiend ambushed us as we attacked. Daedric, I think, forcing us to retreat to the entrance of the ruin. And now the Goblins have hemmed us in."
- What will you do now?
- "Need to repair this [Lore:Welkynd_Stone|Welkynd Stone]] next to me—it's the focus of a powerful binding spell.
- I think it contained the freed Daedra, and unfortunately, it seems our Goblin friends have broken it. They've made four of the pieces into totems."
- Perhaps I can get those pieces of the stone back.
- "We need the Stone complete to contain the Daedra, finish off the Goblins—you have my thanks. I hope you fathom what you offer.
- Sir Edgard, my second in command, and his squad already have one piece. They've gone looking for more, but haven't returned."
- I'll take care of this.
- "I hope so. Dame Narine is not known for her patience."
Once the player returns with the stone fragments:
- Battlemage Gaston:"Ah, you've returned! And with the stone fragments in hand!"
- "You've got the missing stone fragments? Let's see if we can activate it,then. You go ahead."
- Battlemage Gaston:"Can you feel it? That energy in the air! The spell is working!"
- "Gales of kynareth! We have a working Daedric containment cell!
- I'll be the envy of every mage from here to High Rock. Of course, I'll tell them you helped."
- What's next?
- "We're not done quite yet. The spell will require a few moments to fully take effect.
- But I can handle things from here."
Once Repairing the Cage is completed there will be some further dialogue between Zix and Gaston.
- Zix the Deceiver:"What in Oblivion? What is this? Release me, at once! Release me, or I'll tear this plane apart!"
- Veteran Mage Gaston:"Ignore it. Just empty threats. It knows it's trapped."
- Zix the Deceiver:"You insufferable mortals! I'll shroud you all in unending dream, make you face your worst nightmares! You'll die clawing your eyes out, I swear it!
- Veteran Mage Gaston:"It's losing the fight. The stone just needs to hold a little longer."
- Zix the Deceiver:"I have plenty of time to wait, mortal. Eventually you'll slip, and your prison will fail. Then I will cover you in nightmares."
After Zix has been successfully contained Gaston will have something else to say.
- "The containment cell will hold.
- We won't be disturbed now, as we return to out primary goal of slaughtering the sub-human primitives. The Goblins, I mean.
- For some reason the subtitles for the dialogue between Zix and Gaston call him "Veteran Mage Gaston". This is the only place were he is called that.