|Home Settlement||Vale of the Ghost Snake|
Farseer Bodani is a Dunmer Ashlander who can be found in the Vale of the Ghost Snake in southern Deshaan. She is considered a leader among her tribe and helps them through trade negotiations with House Hlaalu as well as assisting with your goal of attaining the approval of the Ghost Snake. She is the recipient of a letter from Marinisuu. She asks you to assist in the negotiations, after receiving a vision from the Ghost Snake. You must first prove yourself to the tribe, however.
- Trade Negotiations: Find out what happened to Raston Vendil.
- The Trial of the Ghost Snake: Decide the fate of the Mabrigash tribe.
- "I'm not sure if I should welcome you or curse you."
- I'm here on behalf of the Hlaalu traders. They're worried about Raston.
- "This fool has pestered our hunters, importuned our Wisewomen, and insulted me by demanding to speak to the man in charge of our tribe.
I brook no challenges to my authority or disruptions to the Vale."
- What are you going to do with him?
- "I was going to take him to the Ghost Snake, but all that changed when you arrived.
I have seen a vision of you upon the Coiled Path. You have a role to play in deciding the fate of this man and our Vale."
- You want me to decide Raston's fate then?
- "There is something unusual about you. I sense it and certainly the Ghost Snake knows of you.
Talk to this man. Take his measure. Then speak to me when you're ready to face the trial of the Ghost Snake."
- "And what do you think of that … man?"
- I don't think the merchant meant to offend anyone.
- "Yet me managed to offend and insult nearly everyone. My visions tell me that you will decide this man's fate, as well as the fate of my tribe.
You will walk the Coiled Path and seek counsel with the Ghost Snake. "
- What do I need to do?
- "Follow the Coiled Path to the Fang Spires. Collect exactly eight Bog Rats along the way to make a proper offering.
Few ever reach the Spires. Serpentbound ghosts will challenge you every step of the way. They already sense your presence."
- I'll bring the offering to the Fang Spires.
- "The vision I had was strong. Your choices determine the fate of merchant and Mabrigash alike. But you must speak to the Ghost Snake.
The Coiled Path begins just outside the village. But know that the Serpentbound will block your way."
- Can you tell me more about the offering?
- "Do not question the will of the Ghost Snake! Besides, that's exactly the number of rats that fit in the bag I gave you.
More than that, I cannot say. The mystery of the sacred number is not for the ears of an outsider. "
After you have completed the trials:
- "You are named clan friend of the Mabrigash, and you are welcome in the Vale."