Online:In the Name of the Queen
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Queen Ayrenn near Tanzelwil.
- Defend the priestesses at the northern and western ritual sites.
- Return to Queen Ayrenn.
To begin this quest you can either talk to one of the officers found around Tanzelwil, Captain Henyon, Sergeant Farya or Sergeant Irinwen, who will direct you to Queen Ayrenn.[verification needed — needs dialogue and confirmation]
Alternatively, you can start the quest by talking with Prince Naemon who can be found with the entourage. He worries that his sister may be injured or killed while performing an ancient ritual. He asks you to ensure she survives.
- "Queen's favorite, I'm glad you're here. We came to Tanzelwil to honor the spirits of our ancestors, and now they seem bloody well determined to kill us all!"
- Why would your ancestors try to kill you?
- "An excellent question, for which I have no answer.
My dear sister, your Queen, brought us here to perform a ceremonial ritual. It's a bit of political theater, really. Gain the blessings of the dead and all that rubbish."
- Is the Queen in any danger?
- "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner.
She's in the ruins just ahead, conspiring with the Battlereeve. They're determined to complete the ceremony. Do be a loyal subject and see that she survives. Won't you?"
- I'll see what I can do.
The queen can be found with Battlereeve Urcelmo, just down the road and outside the ruins of Tanzelwil to the west. As you approach, she will begin to pray at the altar, only for the answering spirit to give an unexpected answer.
- Queen Ayrenn: "We call upon our honored ancestors to pass on their memory and wisdom."
- Ancestral Spirit: "Your ancestors disavow you, false one! The Veiled Queen is the rightful heir, and Norion shall end your reign."
- Battlereeve Urcelmo: "My Queen, look out!"
The spirit will then disappear as Urcelmo slashes at it. Talk with the queen afterwards to see how she is and her orders for you.
- "Well, that could have gone better. Maybe it's all that royal "we" nonsense.
"We call upon our ancestors." It's all rather condescending, isn't it?"
- Well. You are the Queen.
- "Don't remind me. This ceremony is supposed to show Auridon that I honor our people's culture and heritage.
It's supposed to show that our ancestors see me as the rightful heir. I guess our ancestors have ideas of their own."
- Why did that spirit threaten you?
- "I don't know. It mentioned Norion, my advisor. You met him in Vulkhel Guard, I believe.
My friend, something has gone wrong here. I hate to ask your aid again, but I must."
- Just tell me what to do.
- "There are two priestesses elsewhere in the ruins, women I trust. If Norion has turned against me, I fear for their lives.
Stand with them as they perform their parts of the ceremony. Keep them safe."
- As you say, my Queen.
The queen ask you to protect two priestesses while they perform their parts of the ceremony. They can be found in the western and northern sections of the ruins and can be done in either order. Tanzelwil will also be filled with hostile ancestral spirits which will attack you without provocation.
Assisting the Priestesses
Aid the Priestess at the Western Ritual Site
- Priestess Aranwen: "Help me! She's gone mad!"
When you find her, Aranwen will be sitting within a magical shield. Talk to her to see what is wrong.
- "Did you see her? She tried to kill me!
is an ancestral spirit that haunts this grove. She's always been a mischievous one, but I've never seen her so violent!"
- Where is this spirit?
- "She's lying in wait, ready to pounce as soon as I lower my defenses!
I can't complete the Queen's ceremony unless you banish her from this plane. Be careful. She'll tear your throat out if you give her half the chance!"
The spirit Colanwe will be nearby, guarding the ritual site. She fights using frost magic and as soon as she is defeated, Aranwen will run past you to begin the ritual.
- Priestess Aranwen: "You did it! Now I must perform the ritual."
She will then kneel at the altar and begin praying.
- Priestess Aranwen: "May the spirits of our ancestors bless and guide us."
- Priestess Aranwen: "May we honor their memories with our actions and thoughts."
- Ancient Spirit: "The Ancients bless you for your prayers."
With the ritual successfully completed you can move on.
Aid the Priestess at the Northern Ritual Site
At the Northern Ritual Site, a shielded Priestess Menaste while be trying to complete the ritual, only to be harassed by ghosts. When arrive she will ask for your help to fend the spirits off.
- Priest Menaste: "Protect me as I complete my prayers to the ancestors!"
There will be three waves of spirits which will approach from all sides, which will be punctuated by Menaste praying at an altar, whereupon an Ancient Spirit will appear and approve.
- Ancient Spirit: "May the ancestors bless you."
- Ancient Spirit: "May the ancients guide you through your days."
- Ancient Spirit: "May we be honored by your humble prayers and offerings to us."
Once she has finished, Menaste will dismiss you.
- Priest Menaste: "The ritual is complete. You may go."
Return to the Queen
After the two priestess have been assisted, you can report back to Ayrenn who will have moved further into the ruins and will now be standing near the entrance to Inner Tanzelwil.
- "My friend returns. Are the rituals completed? Are the priestesses safe?"
- Yes, my Queen.
- "That's a relief. Thank you. Now comes the tricky bit.
The final ritual must take place inside the ancestral tombs. Where, I would imagine, the most powerful dead dwell."
Queen Ayrenn needs to complete the final ritual and would like some company during her descent into the old crypts of Tanzelwil.
|In the Name of the Queen|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|The Queen prepares for her rituals within Tanzelwil. I should seek her out.
Objective: Meet Up with Queen Ayrenn
|The Queen was attacked by a malicious spirit. I should speak with her.
Objective: Talk to Queen Ayrenn
|The Queen wants me to defend the priestesses as they perform the ancient rituals.
Objective: Aid the Priestess at the West Ritual Site
Objective Hint: Talk to the Priestess(Appears after talking to Priestess Aranwen)
Objective Hint: Defeat the Spirit Guarding the Ritual Site(Appears after defeating the Spirit)
Objective Hint: Wait for Priestess to Perform Ritual
Objective: Aid the Priestess at the Northern Ritual Site
Objective Hint: Defend the Priestess as She Performs the Ritual
|I have defended the priestesses as they performed the rituals. I should tell the Queen that they have completed their tasks.
Objective: Speak to Queen Ayrenn