Online:Jomund's Research Notes
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|See Also||Lore version|
|Needed for||Mystery Metal|
|Found in the following locations:|
Jomund's Research Notes
Experimental notes on an mysterious glowing ore
- Ore exhibits a faint blue glow. The glow fluctuates, sometimes appearing to grow stronger. Possibly due to being in close contact with another metal. More tests will be needed to determine true cause of the fluctuation.
- Ore seems to attract the frost trolls that inhabit the western sections of the mine. If this ore proves useful or valuable, we'll need to clear the trolls out of there.
- Hard to determine the actual properties of this mysterious metal. It appears to have thin veins of silver running through its distinctive bluish tint.
- The ore resonates with an almost musical tone when tapped with a silver tool. An iron tool produced a more discordant tone.
- The ore is highly resistant to chipping. A few chips were finally produced and ground into a powder. Unfortuately, Thelm destroyed several hours' work with a mighty sneeze that scattered the blue, glowing residue.
- Additional analysis is needed, but I believe that grinding the ore may produce a material that can be used as an alloy in weapon crafting. This will be extremely important if the ore is determined to have some sort of magical property. The alchemist Aleeto will be interested in this. She'll want to see a sample of the ore immediately.