This article is about the creature. For the item set, see Nerien'eth (set).
|Location||Crypt of Hearts II|
|Nerien'eth's Forsaken Staff|
Nerien'eth is an undead Altmer found inside the Crypt of Hearts II. The chamber he is in contains the Ebony Blade and is accessed from a portal guarded by Mezeluth. The have a chance to drop Nerien'eth's Forsaken Staff.
Skills and Abilities
- Necrotic Swarm
- Edge of Darkness: Release the Crypt of Hearts from Mephala's grip.
- Pledge: Crypt of Hearts II: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Crypt of Hearts II.
Edge of Darkness
You meet Nerien'eth in person when you enter the Crypt of Hearts II, through a locked gate you can watch Alanwe try to protect her students from him.
- Alanwe: "Leave the students be! I'm the one you want!"
- Nerien'eth: "I don't know how you lot escaped from torture, but it will resume."
- Alanwe: "You are not yourself, Nerien'eth—let me help you."
- Nerien'eth: "Help yourself, wretch."
- Alanwe: "Wait!"
He will then teleport away, though he will threaten you as you progress through the Dungeon, as he summons portals:
- Nerien'eth: "Do you louts think you're going to save my wife? She doesn't deserve to be saved."
After killing Ibelgast:
- Nerien'eth: "This doesn't concern you, outsider."
As you approach Ruzozuzalpamaz:
- Nerien'eth: "Leave those souls―kill the intruders!"
- Ruzozuzalpamaz: "Watch your tone, mortal. Blade or no, only the Whisperer commands me."
When you enter the locked study:
- Alanwe: "This way! Whatever he keeps in here now, it's well-guarded."
- Nerien'eth: "Out! The lot of you! You've no right to enter!"
- Alanwe: "This was our bedroom. We used to store our adventuring relics here."
- Alanwe: "It's warded. Quite a defense for such a small room. There must be a way to open it—and these statues didn't used to be here."
After you leave the bedroom:
- Nerien'eth: "You're a tenacious lot! If you insist, I'll be happy to feed you to the Blade."
- Nerien'eth: "Alanwe returns to her suffering—you have no say in it!"
- Nerien'eth: "These Crypts will be your grave. I will ensure that."
Once you arrive at the final chamber where Mezeluth guards the portal, Alanwe will call out to Nerien'eth:
- Alanwe: "Nerien'eth. That blade you wield. How did you come upon it?"
- Nerien'eth: "All that should concern you is that it counsels me. It convinced me of your betrayal, of the need for the students to pay for their insolence."
- Alanwe: "It has led you astray."
- Nerien'eth: "On the contrary, this Blade grants me a clarity I never had in life. And I will have you respect it."
When you enter Nerien'eth's chamber, Alanwe will try to reason with him for the final time:
- Alanwe: "Nerien'eth. Cease this madness. My friends have defeated your horde. Lay down your blade."
- Nerien'eth: "You so love the sound of your own voice. Couldn't you see the Blade wanted you here all along?"
- Alanwe: "The blade! I can hear the whispers from it. By the Divines—so many lives."
- <Alanwe clutches at her head and starts to scream in pain.>
- Nerien'eth: "The Blade hungers for you—for the connection between us. And I give it gladly!"
Alanwe then disappears, he will then talk directly to you once someone touches the Ebony Blade:
- Nerien'eth: "You think that Blade is yours to touch? It has a master. And he is me."
- General Taunting
- Nerien'eth: "My wife has been dealt with. It's your turn."
- Nerien'eth: "You'll never leave here alive!"
- Nerien'eth: "You'll never leave this place. Not alive, anyway."
- Nerien'eth: "I don't even need the Blade to best you!"
- Nerien'eth: "You're trying my patience!"
- Nerien'eth: "The Blade will end you."
- Nerien'eth: "Nothing will save you from me."
- Nerien'eth: "You think I feared fighting you?"
- Nerien'eth: "Why resist? Your deaths are assured."
- Nerien'eth: "You had to meddle. Now you die."
- Nerien'eth: "This will end you!"
- Nerien'eth: "Burn!"
- Nerien'eth: "Fall!"
- Nerien'eth: "Run fool!"
- Nerien'eth: "Your soul is forfeit!"'
- Summoning Wraiths
- Nerien'eth: "Here—allow my friends to show you a good time!"
- Commanding the Wraiths
- Nerien'eth: "Eat their flesh!"
- Nerien'eth: "Your deaths here were meaningless. I hope you're pleased with yourself. Your bodies will serve me, now."[verification needed — does he say this?]
There are several Achievements associated with this enemy:
|Crypt of Hearts II Vanquisher||10||Defeat Ibelgast, Ruzozuzalpamaz, the Chamber Guardian, the Brothers Ilambris and the Ilambris Amalgam, Mezeluth, and Nerien'eth in Crypt of Hearts II.|
|Crypt of Hearts II Conqueror||10||Defeat Ruzozuzalpamaz, the Brothers Ilambris and the Ilambris Amalgam, and Nerien'eth in Veteran Crypt of Hearts II.|
|The Blade's Edge||50||In Veteran Crypt of Hearts II, allow four of Nerien'eth's Students to survive until he takes the Ebony Blade before defeating them all.|
|Deadly Crypt Survivor||50||Defeat Ibelgast, Ruzozuzalpamaz, Chamber Guardian, Ilambris Amalgam, and Mezeluth, before defeating Nerien'eth in Veteran Crypt of Hearts II without suffering a group member death.|
|Crypt of Hearts II Assassin||50||Defeat Ibelgast, Ruzozuzalpamaz, Chamber Guardian, Ilambris Amalgam, and Mezeluth, before defeating Nerien'eth in Veteran Crypt of Hearts II within thirty minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts when the entrance gate opens.|