Online:Notes on the Dreugh
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|See Also||Lore version|
|Found in the following locations:|
Notes on the Dreugh
A list of research notes surrounding the various species of Dreugh
Sorry if these notes are a little disorganized, professor. I didn't want to trim anything out that you might find useful.
- —Two distinct species: land dreugh and water dreugh.
- —Both were once common throughout Vvardenfell, Ebonheart, and the surrounding waters. They've been driven out over the last few centuries and only exist now in isolated pockets.
- —Some accounts assert there are two varieties of land dreugh, while others maintain these are but the male and female versions of one kind of creature.
- —Legends tell of "civilized" land dreugh colonies which supposedly raised herds of mudcrabs as food stock.
- —These colonies were also purported to have built stone cairn houses and structures.
- —No evidence of such advanced dreugh behavior exists today.
- —Dreugh are omnivores and have been witnessed consuming mer flesh.
- —Dreugh are capable of channeling some form of shock energy through their bodies. Most scholars agree this is a natural adaptation and not magical in nature.
- —The land dreugh carapace is naturally sturdy and can deflect most attacks from common weapons.
- —No known language or communication abilities.
- —Nesting habits are not well-documented, but we do know the land dreugh encase their egg broods in mud. Nothing is known about water dreugh nesting or egg-laying behavior.
- —Some fisherfolk are known to gather land dreugh eggs from the creatures' mud-nests, though it is obviously a rather dangerous occupation.
If this is enough information, I'll begin the netch research tomorrow.