|Home Settlement||Quarantine Serk|
Ornis Verobar is a Dunmer alchemist trying to find a cure, with the help of his apprentice Nilyne Hlor, for the Llodos Plague. He has the disease, and can be found in his house. He is the uncle of Aerona and Dethisam Berendas.
- Bad Medicine: Discover the source of the Llodos Plague.
- Quest For the Cure: Create a real cure for the Llodos Plague.
Speaking to him before the related quest:
- "Keep your distance. No need to contract the plague on my account."
When you first enter his house:
- Aerona Berendas: "Uncle! Are you all right?"
- Aerona Berendas: "You look so pale. No wonder my brother wouldn't let me come by to visit."
- Ornis Verobar: "Don't worry about me. I'll be back on my feet in no time. But what about you? Your brother said that neither of you had taken the curative yet."
- Aerona Berendas: "Uncle, I'm not sure about these Maulborn. And their curative sounds too good to be true. But don't worry about me. Just take care of yourself."
Speaking to him:
- "I see Aerona has conscripted a new soldier into her private army."
- I'm trying to help find her brother, Dethisam
- "Is Dethisam missing? He was by yesterday for a visit. I know he had other stops to make.
He did seem concerned about the Maulborn, though. Sealing themselves in their quarantine, no longer providing the curative. It made him furious."
- Is there anything we can do for you?
- "My niece's visit was more than enough. I feel better already.
Besides, I've overcome worse ailments than a queasy stomach and a bad cough. I'll be fine."
- Can I ask a few more questions?
- "A good conversation is like a hot bowl of guar liver soup. It soothes the aches that ail you.
What did you want to ask?"
- When did the Maulborn arrive in town?
- "I think it was twelve mornings ago. The day the wild nix got into the Brooding Elf's trash receptacles.
Nostrum Breva had the quarantine up in a matter of days. Then she started distributing the curative."
- What can you tell me about the plague?
- "They call it the Llodos plague. Maybe Vivec knows where it came from, but I certinly don't.
I can tell you that it's going to have to try harder if it really wants to kill me. Or turn me into some kind of monster, if you can believe the stories."
- Are you really Aerona's uncle?
- "I am a blood kin of House Redoran, if that's what you're asking. More a third cousing twice removed, if you want to be specific.
But I've been close to Aerona and her family since she and Dethisam were children."
Speaking to him back in his house if you rescued Dethisam:
- "I'm glad to see you and Aerona were successful. That young woman's got more guts than she knows what to do with, but I can't fault her intentions."
- You appear to be much better.
- "Yes, thank you. And I feel better, as well. I guess I really didn't have the Llodos plague after all."
Quest For the Cure
If Dethisam was rescued
Returning with the components:
- "Once again, you showed up just when you're needed most. Nilyne has been waiting patiently for you. Well, mostly patiently.
Please, talk to her and let her know what you were able to find."
Before creating the potion:
- "If I were a few years younger and my hands were still steady, I'd do this for you. But I'm not and they aren't, so you're just going to have to go over to the alchemy table and get this done."
After creating the mixture:
- "You did it! Good job! Now give the potion to Nilyne and see what she thinks of your technique."
After the treatment is administered:
- Nilyne Hlor: "All right, that's it. Visiting time is over. Everyone out and let my patient rest."
- Ornis Verobar: "You heard the lady. Let's go wait outside."
- Aerona Berendas: "Please, Mother Morrowind! Please help Dethisam get well!"
- Ornis Verobar: "Nilyne knows what she's doing. Dethisam will be fine. You'll see."
Speaking to him outside the house:
- "Waiting is the hardest part. But if we trust in the Three, I'm certain everything will turn out fine."
Speaking to him after the quest:
- "I knew Nilyne could do it. I trained her well, and she was an apt pupil.
Of course, we only have enough of the suppressant to aid the Serk. We have to hope that the Llodos plague hasn't spread too far into the Deshaan countryside yet."