Online:Proctor Luciana Pullo
|Proctor Luciana Pullo
|Home City||Brass Fortress|
Imperial Legion (formerly)
She served with distinction during the Pale Pass campaign, where the histories recount her destruction of an entire regiment of Tsaesci. That earned her the Tsaesci title of 'Xhiado Kas': The Flame Maiden.
It was during the Imperial invasion of Valenwood in 1E 2712 that she ended up transported to Clockwork. Locking staves with a deceptively powerful Wood Elf spell-eater named Celedith, Luciana conjured a bound sword and cleaved his staff. The flood of arcane energy released from the staff led to a flash of light and, in her own words, "whispers and pain" and transported her to the edges of the Clockwork City.
Sotha Sil found her severely damaged body in the Radius, and was able to reconstruct Luciana, replacing mangled limbs with prostheses and her bodily systems with mechanical substitutions. Breathing, eating, and tiring are all functions she no longer needs to perform. Due to this marrying of man and machine, her quarters in the Clockwork Basilica have no bed: instead there is a factotum charging station.
Lord Seht revealed to Luciana that she was also pregnant, much to her surprise. The factotums were able to stabilize the severely premature baby although he remained frail and suffered greatly while growing up. Luciana chose to name the boy Marius after her paternal grandfather. Marius grew to become quite a skilled alchemist.
- To The Clockwork City: Join Divayth Fyr on a unique expedition to a land of curiosity and contradiction.
- In Search of a Sponsor: Gain sponsorship in order to become a citizen of the Clockwork City.
- Deepening Shadows: Locate Chancellor Gascone Dusant of the Congress of Calibration.
- Lost in the Gloam: Assist the Blackfeather Court to reclaim a mysterious key.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
To the Clockwork City
As soon as you and Divayth Fyr enter the Clockwork City proper and approach the Brass Fortress, Proctor Luciana Pullo will be waiting outside the city gates,
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Divayth Fyr! I warned you never to come back!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "And you? One of Fyr's lackeys, I take it?"
- Divayth Fyr: "Luciana Pullo. Hospitable as ever. Go talk to her. I'll not waste my time speaking with a petulant toy soldier."
You must speak with her.
- "Hold there, friend of Fyr. I am Proctor Luciana Pullo, of the Clockwork Apostles.
- I don't now how you and this egomaniac breached Lord Seht's celestiodrome, but I won't have non-citizens stirring up mischief in the Brass Fortress."
- How can I become a citizen?
- "Only just arrived and already trying to grease the gears?
- New arrivals must secure an endorsement from a citizen in good standing. I'm prepared to overlook your atrocious choice in companions if you can find a sponsor. Until then, you are tarnished."
- How do I get a citizen to sponsor me?
- "That's for you to find out. Not many citizens will risk their reputation on a green-heeled stranger - and you'll find no comfort from me. Maybe you should confer with the other tarnished over there.
- In the meantime, obey the law. I'll be watching."
Before you enter, she will say sternly, "Tread carefully, Fyr. I'll be watching."
In Search of a Sponsor
You'll meet Luciana after rescuing Kirith and Lankin from the Mechanical Fundament, while she's arresting Constable Balden.
- Raynor Vanos: "Kirith! Thank goodness! Don't suppose you found anything of interest down there...?"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Enough. I'm glad to see you weren't lying, Raynor Vanos."
- Kirith Vanos: "That bastard, Baldan, threw me into the Fundament!"
- Constable Balden: "Ridiculous. I've never seen this woman in my life."
- Lankin: "Liar! you tossed this one in as well!"
Speaking to Luciana after Kirith and Lankin's accusations:
- "This Raynor Vanos made some very bold claims. If you have evidence of Constable Baldan's crimes, I suggest you produce it."
- I captured Kireth's abduction on this memory stone. Neramo has incriminating documents, too.
- "Huh. You're more resourceful than you look. Little wonder Divayth chose you as his companion. Seht knows he needs the help.
- I'll hold Baldan under guard until I've had an opportunity to review the evidence. As for you? You're free to go."
- Thank you.
After you speak with Luciana, this exchange will happen.
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Luciana, I'd like to ask the constable a few questions when we return to the Basilica."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Don't trouble yourself, Varuni. You know how persuasive I can be."
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "I do. That's what worries me."
- Constable Baldan: "Do your worst, you tin-legged hag!"
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Seht help you if she does, constable."
Speaking to Luciana before speaking to Varuni:
- "Provost Varuni seems eager to speak with you. Go on, then."
While Baldan is being arrested:
- Constable Baldan: "You'll regret this. Mark me, proctor. You will regret this!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I doubt that. Get this tarnished pile of scrap out of my sight."
Speaking with Luciana after Varuni gives you her sponsorship:
- "What are you still doing down here? Varuni gave you her sponsorship, correct? You should go speak to the Clockwork Registrar. As much as it pains me to congratulate a friend of Divayth Fyr... congratulations."
- Are you always this stern?
- "Yes. Any other questions?"
- What will you do to Constable Baldan?
- "I'll talk to him. The tenor of that conversation is totally up to him."
- Do you think there's more to these disappearances?
- "Varuni's right. This whole operation had too many moving parts, and ex-Constable Baldan doesn't seem bright enough to pill it off on his own. If there's more to this affair, I'll root it out. Count on it.
- Now, go claim your citizenship."
When you first hear her, she is outside the Basilica, dispersing a crowd of worried citizens.
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I'm not here to speculate on Lord Seht's whereabouts. I'm here to clear the square."
- Citizen: "You don't know do you? I knew it. This is a disaster!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "If you want to panic, do so in your own homes- not in the pubic square. Now disperse, or be dispersed."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Get them moving."
- Clockwork Enforcer: "You heard the Proctor. Return to your homes."
Speaking with her after that little altercation:
- "If you're looking for Lord Seht, I don't know where he is. I will find out though. Count on it."
- I'm not here to discuss Sotha Sil. It's Gascone.
- "Gascone? What has he done now? I can't keep up with the complaints."
- He's missing.
- "Good. Maybe a fabricant ate him. Our luck has to change at some point."
- He might be consorting with Daedra. I found a Nocturnal Shrike in his office- and this odd note.
- "So he finally graduated from corrupt hobbyist to professional villain. I'm almost relieved. Now we can finally give him what he deserves.
- I assume you informed your sponsor, Provost Varuni?"
- Yes. She wants you to organize a city-wide search so we can bring him in for questioning.
- "A city-wide search? I can't spare enough apostles to search a broom closet.
- Reports are flooding in from the Radius- stories about fanatics in black robes, pale-skinned Daedra, living shadows.... We may have a full-scale invasion on our hands."
- Can you spare anything to help?
- "Hm. I have one asset I can spare. I know an artificer- Dalomar. He takes some getting used to, but you won't find a better tinkerer. He can help you find Gascone. Guaranteed.
- Go talk to him. He set up shop near the tenements. Slag Town."
- All right, I'll go talk to Dalomar.
- "I knew that slag-addled piece of garbage, Gascone, would turn on us eventually. We should have dealt with this decades ago."
- What are your thoughts on this shadowy imposter?
- "I think we should destroy it- if only to convince the people it can be destroyed.
- I'm already getting reports from citizens convinced that their neighbor or their friend is actually a shadow. Another few weeks of this... It will not end well."
- The Shadow took some of Sotha Sil's power. If we destroy it, Sotha Sil may be diminished.
- "I'm prepared to live with that."
- You're all right with your god losing his power?
- "I made a vow to protect the Clockwork City and its inhabitants. If sacrifices have to be made, we should all be prepared to make them- Lord Seht included."
- Can I ask you about your... enhancements?
- "You can ask."
- How do they work?
- "I have a crank in between my shoulder blades. One of my auxiliaries winds me up every morning before breakfast.
- That's a joke."
- Do you even know how they work?
- "In the same way as every other clockwork automata. A combination of engineering and sorcery that would take a century to explain.
- The machinery keeps me alive. I know it's unsettling to look at, but no one ever said life in Clockwork City was fair."
- How exactly did you wind up in Clockwork City?
- "The same as you, I wager. A combination of heroism and coincidence.
- I served Reman Cyrodiil as a battle mage during the Akaviri Troubles and the Valenwood annexation."
- So it happened during a battle?
- "Yes. I'm still not exactly sure what happened. During the Valenwood campaign, I locked staves with a Wood Elf spell-eater named Celedith. He was deceptively powerful. Wiry. Quick as a skeever-trap. I remember cleaving his staff with a summoned blade."
- And that sent you here?
- "Possibly. I think he was in the midst of a translocation spell when my sword made impact. There was an explosion and a bright light. When I woke, I was splayed out in the Radius... mangled."
- And Sotha Sil found you?
- "Yes. His factotums scooped up what was left of me and brought me here. He mended my wounds, and replaced what couldn't be mended with metal.
- I asked why. "Because one day you will shine a light," he said. And that was that."
- Is he always that vague?
- Take my advice- if we manage to find the real Seht, don't expect him to embrace you as a friend. We're all cogs in his eyes. Valuable, beautiful even, but ultimately expendable. You either grow to accept that, or you turn out like Gascone."
- Like Gascone?
- "Yes. Bitter, sullen, probably traitorous, and if I get my way, dead."
If you spare Gascone in the Terminus, she will be seen marching up once you leave the building, accompanied by two Clockwork Enforcers, and will arrest Gascone.
- Chancellor Gascone Dusant: "Once we arrive at the basilica I can explain everything to Varuni. Maybe she'll understand."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Chancellor Gascone!"
- Chancellor Gascone Dusant: "Oh no. Luciana, just let me expla-"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Shut that lying mouth of yours or I'll shut it for you. Permanently."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Thank you for digging this traitorous mongrel out of the Terminus. Varuni wants to speak with you back at the basilica."
If you killed Gascone in the Ventral Terminus, she can be heard speaking with Varuni in the basilica near the prison cell where Gascone would normally be held.
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Still nothing on the security coils? Where could he have gone?"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "He clearly fled the fortress - into the jaws of a fabricant, I hope."
(need dialogue from speaking to her, before and after you tell Varuni of Gascone's death)
Lost in the Gloam
When you first see her, she will be speaking with a Clockwork Enforcer outside the Machine District.
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Take a breath and report. What's the situation in there?"
- Clockwork Enforcer: "Grim, Proctor. Daedric beasts and shadow cultists control much of the district. And the crows... the sky is thick with them!"
- Knight of Marrow: "This way, squire! Come! Come!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Varuni's auxiliary? What are you doing here?"
You may now speak with her:
- "First that bastard, Divayth, and now the crows? Your taste in companions grows worse by the hour.
- Sorry. We're having a very bad day. You mean to enter the Machine District? Why?"
- This crow promised to take me to the key they stole from Gascone.
- "Hmm. Normally, I'd say we should simply kill them all and take the key by force. But it seems these birds have a real talent for hiding things.
- Daedra and cultists tossed the district for hours, and from what we can tell, they didn't find anything."
- All the more reason to follow the crow.
- "Fine. You can play their ridiculous game... for now. But I'm coming with you. I've lost enough citizens already.
- A word of advice: don't let these Daedric pests push you around. We need to learn the nature of this key before it's too late."
- All right. Stay close.
- Knight of Marrow: "No! Your metal woman is not allowed in Castle Blackfeather! I forbid it!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I don't want to go anywhere near your filthy castle, vermin. Let's get this over with."
Once you enter the Machine District:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Keep your sword-arm wound tight. Daedra could still be lurking around here."
Speaking with her here:
- "Lead on, crow killer. I'll be right behind you. Trying to rationalize why I'm helping."
Speaking to her before speaking to the Duke of Crows:
- "Sounds like the Duke is waiting. Let's get this over with."