|Location||Vale of the Ghost Snake, The Ebony Flask|
Raston Vendil is a Dunmer merchant who can be found in the Vale of the Ghost Snake in southern Deshaan. He is a member of a House Hlaalu merchant caravan hoping to reap the riches of the vale. However, he managed to insult the majority of the Mabrigash tribe he intended to negotiate with, and asks for your assistance in freeing himself from them. He is a womanizer, which is what has gotten him into trouble.
After the events within the vale, he can be found at the The Ebony Flask.
- Trade Negotiations: Find out what happened to Raston Vendil.
- The Trial of the Ghost Snake: Decide the fate of the Mabrigash tribe.
- "I'm a master trader from House Hlaalu! I'm welcome everywhere. But these people want to sacrifice me to some snake!"
- Why do they want to sacrifice you?
- "How should I know? I'm an honest merchant! I just wanted to set up a little trade agreement with the tribe. They make some gold, we make some gold, everybody wins.
Next thing I know, they tie me up and act like I committed some crime. "
- You must have done something to anger the Farseer.
- "I was soaking up the local flavor, if you know what I mean. These Mabrigash ladies are lovely! But my flirting made that witch Bodani mad.
Besides, they refuse to let me speak to the man in charge. Why are they being this way? "
- Are you sure that's all you did?
- "Well, I... I did ask the Farseer to summon her boss and get me a glass of shein. But I asked nicely and everything!
Don't let them feed me to snake! I didn't do anything wrong. "
- I'll talk to the Farseer.
- "I hope she listens to reason. She acts like she's in charge, but she wouldn't even listen to my proposal. Trade proposal, mind you. Not a marriage proposal!
Those snake hides would earn them plenty of gold. Plenty of gold for all of us. "
The Ebony Flask
After the completion of the The Trial of the Ghost Snake, Raston may be found drinking in the tavern in Ebonheart. [verification needed — Does the choice made at end of quest affect this?]. For some reason, he does not remember you or even the Mabrigash tribe.
- "You— you look familar. Have we met? My memory is hazy, I took ill on a recent trip to Deshaan."
- Yes. We met when you were a guest of the Mabrigash.
- "A guest of who? The Abridans? Malderbash? I don't remember.
I was ill, or so they tell me. I came home to recuperate. My friends, some good shein, and I'll be right as rain in no time."