Generic Sailors of all races are found all around the port cities and ships of Tamriel. Most cannot be interacted with and cannot be spoken to, but there are a few exceptions.
- Unnamed southwestern ship near Zihlijdel
- Mistral (Cat's Eye Quay).
- Vulkhel Guard, Auridon
- Skywatch, Auridon
The Sailors of Cat's Eye Quay will bemoan the loss of their ships after the storm, and voice their discontent with having to pass the time by fishing:
- "Such a waste."
- "I'm a sailor, not a fisherman. I wish we never came here."
- "That storm couldn't have been natural."
- "I guess the storm chased all the fish away too."
- "What is a sailor without a ship?"
- "I wish I was still on my ship... if it was still afloat anyway."
An Altmer Sailor found on the docks of Skywatch will tell you:
- "Our next run, I'm going to volunteer for the crow's nest. Tired of stinking cargo, stinking crewmates, stinking captains. Bah!"
- "You're no sailor. I can tell by the smell."
- "Water looks different in every harbor. Love the shallows here."
A Khajiit Sailor found on the docks of Skywatch will tell you:
- "Mmm. Have you ever tasted moon sugar rum? This one's not sharing."
- "This one can't stand the grog in Vulkhel Guard. Can't wait to get back on the water."
- "Don't know how Jone and Jode have touched you. But this one feels their pull even now."
- "The sea has been kind to this one."