The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Home Settlement||Mud Tree Village|
- "Nothing ever goes right."
- "You can't be here for the reward. I just had it posted."
- Reward? What reward?
- "I oversee an ore mine behind the village. The Goblins we employ started a labor dispute. Now some of my best workers are trapped inside.
- Normally the Goblins are easy to control, but now that they have their Gnaw-Root Goblin Totem they think they're unstoppable."
- What would you have me do?
- "Retrieve the totem, rescue my employees, and you will be rewarded. Try not to kill all the Goblins, we need a workforce to be profitable. Use this rotten food to distract them.
- Oh, and if you see Miharil, tell him to start looking for another job."
- I will do all I can.
- "If you can get this mess sorted out we'll be back to business as usual and I won't have to listen to any more of Tel Dravel's moaning."
- I have some questions about the mine. / About the mine...
- "It's not operational without miners, if you catch my meaning.
- What do you really want?"
- [Persuade] Can't you spare more food scraps? I'm trying to save your mine.
- "Take some more. It's not like slop is expensive."
- Where did the Goblins come from? Why did they attack?
- "Their camp's above the mine. We employed a few of them, but otherwise we left each other alone. I don't know why they'd be upset at us.
- Maybe they decided we looked funny. Or maybe they wanted my favorite dress. Either way, it has to stop."
If the quest is taken from one of Miharil's brothers:
- "Sorry, but if you're here to buy iron, the metalworks is running low. A minor labor dispute, that's all.
- Come back in a few days, and I'll give you a good deal on iron ingots."
- I'm looking for Miharil.
- "Miharil? His brothers put you up to this? Well, he's not here. He's in the mine with more valuable, productive employees.
- Now excuse me, I've got a labor problem to deal with."
- You mean your Goblin problem?
- "Damn those Argonians! They can't keep anything quiet. All right. It's Goblins.
- You want Miharil? Then rescue my workers. Just try not to kill the Goblins. Oh, and bring back their Goblin totem."
- Why the concern about these Goblins? What does a totem have to o with this?
- "I don't need a all-out war, not until the vicecanons send help. The fewer dead, the fewer angry Goblins.
- And with that totem, I'll have some bargaining power."
- How do I avoid killing Goblins?
- "Well, I had the men gather table scraps from the mess. There's no food in that mine. The Goblins will be starving.
- Throw scraps at them, and they'll go mad for it. They might even fight over it. That's better than them eating my miners."
- I'll check out the mine.
- "Well, you saved my miners, but I still don't see the Goblin totem.
- The gold I'll reward you with doesn't multiply the longer you take, so you should hurry on."
- "Good. A totem and miners.
- Now find Thragnar, my overseer. He'll tell you how to get the Goblins back under control with that thing... assuming he's not dead."
- "After a few shows of strength, those Goblins will be eating out of your hand.
- Oh, just make sure to count your fingers afterwards. Filthy beasts."
- "Give that thing to Thragnar. He'll restore order in the mine. That's what he's paid to do."
If you gave the Gnaw-Root Goblin Totem to Miharil:
- "I'm not amused. Was this your scheme the whole time?"
- "Get out before I have you thrown out."
If you gave the Gnaw-Root Goblin Totem to Thragnar the Breaker:
- "Excellent! You're a bit slow, but you got the job done. You showed these scaleskins what a real citizen of the Pact will do for the cause.
- We'll get things back on schedule in a few days. The mine's already back to work!"
- Glad I could help.
- "And here's your reward, as promised.
- If you need someone to put in a good word for you, let me know. I always repay my debts."
- "The mine's up and running, thanks to you! Those little Goblins are as busy as little bees.
- Could I interest you in some bulk iron ore? I'll make you a good deal."