Online:The Lightless Oubliette (book)
|See Also||Lore version|
|Found in the following locations:|
If you've never served a shift in the Lightless Oubliette before, pay close attention, because this is not a place where you want to make a mistake. The L. O. was specifically constructed as a detention facility for captive servants of the Shining Bitch, and you know how our Dread Lord feels about her. If any of these Aurorans or Lustrants escape on your watch, you'll be lucky to get off with Second-Degree Gradual Discorporation.
Now I don't care how well you know the Seven-Hundred-and-One Edicts; I don't care if you can quote chapter and verse from the Mandatory Codicils: the rules that matter in the Lightless Oubliette are the following.
- 1. No white or yellow glow crystals to be brought into the facility.
- This isn't because we like the place gloomy, fools. It's because the Prisoners can pervert certain spectra of light into working on their behalf. Stick to blue glow crystals for illumination, or even better, open flame.
- 2. No torment-sport with the Prisoners.
- That includes the Elf King. No, I don't know why, that's just the way it is. Rumor has it the Dread Lord is planning some kind of nasty surprise for the Shining Bitch, and to pull it off he needs her servants with their bodies intact. Could be true, I don't know.
- 3. Clean up after yourself.
- This is a top-security facility, so no Soul Shriven are allowed in, not even custodians. You make a mess, you clean it up. This includes any bodily fluids spilled during sparring practice—if I find stains on the flagstones again, somebody's next shift will be in the scathe-rings.