This region takes its name from its most famous feature, the Bangkorai Pass, which has served as High Rock's defense against the wild raiders of Hammerfell for countless generations. The uplands north of the pass and the desert to the south are both ruled from the port city of Evermore.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- A City in Black: Restore morale by bringing back a severed head.
- Imperial Infiltration: Help prevent an unwitting act of treason.
- Heart of Evil: Drive the hagraven and her Dark Witnesses out of Mournoth.
- The Parley: Attend a parley with the Imperial Magus-General.
- Storming the Garrison: Help the Lion Guard and the Knights of Saint Pelin reclaim Bangkorai Garrison.
- Hallin's Burden: Meet the resistance in Hallin's Stand.
- The Lion's Den
- A Thirst for Revolution: Save the grandeya of Hallin's Stand from execution by the Seventh Legion.
- The Shifting Sands of Fate: End the Imperial occupation of Hallin's Stand.
- Trials and Tribulations: Find out what the Imperial Magus-General is planning.
- To Walk on Far Shores: Enter the afterlife and defeat Septima Tharn.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Bangkorai Pass Wayshrine — Located northwest of Bangkorai Garrison.
- Eastern Evermore Wayshrine — Located in eastern Evermore.
- Evermore Wayshrine — Located in northern Evermore.
- Halcyon Lake Wayshrine — Located north of Halcyon Lake.
- Hallin's Stand Wayshrine — Located in eastern Hallin's Stand.
- Nilata Ruins Wayshrine — Located east of Nilata Ruins.
- Old Tower Wayshrine — Located west-southwest of the Old Tower.
- Onsi's Breath Wayshrine — Located northeast of Onsi's Breath.
- Sunken Road Wayshrine — Located just outside of the Sunken Road caves.
- Troll's Toothpick Wayshrine — Located west of Troll's Toothpick.
- Viridian Woods Wayshrine — Located south of the Viridian Woods.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Crypt of the Exiles — A tomb in central Bangkorai, south of the Pelin Graveyard containing undead.
- Klathzgar — A ruin in southeastern Bangkorai, east of Hallin's Stand and south of the Bangkorai Garrison containing Dwemer constructs.
- Rubble Butte — A ruin in western Bangkorai, north of Hallin's Stand containing undead and disloyal nobles.
- Torog's Spite — An old iron mine in northwestern Bangkorai, northwest of Evermore, containing Orc bandits.
- Troll's Toothpick — A cave in northeastern Bangkorai, north of Kerbol's Hollow containing trolls and bandits.
- Viridian Watch — A fort in eastern Bangkorai, northeast of the Bangkorai Garrison containing Bjoulsae Boys bandits.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Bangkorai Garrison — A large fort in central Bangkorai, southeast of Evermore.
- Damar Farmstead — A farm in eastern Bangkorai, just southeast of Bangkorai Garrison.
- Evermore — A city in northwestern Bangkorai, just across the Stormhaven bridge.
- Fallen Grotto — A wooded area in central Bangkorai, south of Evermore.
- Halcyon Lake — The site of an Ayleid ruin in northern Bangkorai, northeast of Evermore.
- Hall of Heroes — A crypt in southern Bangkorai.
- Hallin's Stand — A city in southwestern Bangkorai.
- Jackdaw Cove — A camp in northern Bangkorai, north of Halcyon Lake.
- Kerbol's Hollow — A small town in northeastern Bangkorai, east of the Silaseli Ruins.
- Martyr's Crossing — A camp in central Bangkorai, north of Bangkorai Garrison.
- Murcien's Hamlet — A small village in northern Bangkorai, north of Evermore.
- Nilata Ruins — Large Ayleid ruins located in western Bangkorai, north of Hallin's Stand.
- Northglen — A farm in northern Bangkorai, just northeast of Evermore.
- Old Tower — A small fort in eastern Bangkorai, southeast of Bangkorai Garrison.
- Onsi's Breath — A mine in southern Bangkorai, southeast of Hallin's Stand.
- Pelin Graveyard — A crypt in central Bangkorai, south of Evermore.
- Qharroa Ruins — Located in southern Bangkorai, east of Hallin's Stand.
- Sunken Road — A cave in western Bangkorai, north of Hallin's Stand.
- Viridian Woods — A forest located in northern Bangkorai, east of Evermore.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Ash'abahs' Oasis — Located southeast of Hallin's Stand, in southern Bangkorai.
- Basking Grounds — Located southwest of Old Tower, in southeastern Bangkorai.
- Gjarma's Rock — A small camp located on the north shore of Halcyon Lake, in northern Bangkorai.
- Howler's Nook — Located south of Hallin's Stand, in southwestern Bangkorai.
- 20x20px Sacred Springs — Located northeast of Hallin's Stand, in southern Bangkorai.
- Strastnoc's Landing — Located on the shore southwest of Evermore, in western Bangkorai.
- Yanurah's Respite — Located southwest of the Bangkorai Garrison, in central Bangkorai.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- 20x20px Silaseli Ruins — Located in northern Bangkorai, on the southern shore of Halcyon Lake.
- Viridian Hideaway — A cave behind a waterfall south of Kerbol's Hollow in eastern Bangkorai.
- Wethers' Cleft — A canyon in central Bangkorai, southeast of Bangkorai Garrison.
Mundus Stones are objects in the world that grant a boon in the form of a temporary player buff. This buff will persist until replaced with a different Mundus Stone boon.
- The Apprentice — A Mundus Stone found in Reaper's March, Bangkorai, the Rift, and Cyrodiil.
- The Steed — A Mundus Stone found in Reaper's March, Bangkorai, the Rift, and Cyrodiil.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
World Events such as Dark Anchors are activities that occur in the world that are best tackled by a group of adventurers. Completing a World Event can award you experience, gold, and higher tier gear.
- Ephesus Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point east of Bangkorai Garrison in eastern Bangkorai.
- Fallen Wastes Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point southeast of Bangkorai Garrison in southeastern Bangkorai.
- Mournoth Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point on an island in northeast Halcyon Lake in northern Bangkorai.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Arlimahera's Sanctum — A cavern under Arlimahera's Grip in central Bangkorai.
- Blighted Isle — A small river island in Bangkorai, north of Evermore.
- Lakewatch Tower — A small tower in Bangkorai.
- Nilata Falls — A waterfall in southern Bangkorai, just northeast of Nilata Ruins.
- Summoner's Camp — A camp in Bangkorai.
- Telesubi Ruins — A ruin in Bangkorai.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|A scenic view of Evermore's bridge.||Outside Evermore on cliffs above the outlaw refuge.|
|Listening to Silaseli's whispers.||Beside the Silaseli Ruins workshop.|
|Tossed into a coveside tower.||In a dilapidated tower west of Jackdaw Cove.|
|Answer the call to battle.||Eastside of Martyr's Crossing outside fence.|
|Secret shrine by Pelin's Church.||Behind Pelin's Church.|
|Hears hags but sees mobile limbs.||On the shore of the northeastern lake at Viridian Woods|
|Waiting to be inducted to the Hall.||East of Onsi's Breath Wayshrine and north of the Hall of Heroes in a niche at the end of the road.|
|Take a fall from the grotto.||South of the Fallen Grotto, above the waterfall at Nilata Falls with Lamia.|
|Nested in an Imperial camp.||Basking Grounds in a cart.|
|Sent away to stay with the dead.||Crypt of the Exiles, large room in corner with ghosts.|
|Tragic tale of architect and princess.||Klathzgar, bottom room.|
|Found in spite.||Torog's Spite, in a barrel in big room left of entrance.|
|Where a stormy ritual brews.||Rubble Butte, bottom room in curve.|
|Stuck in a troll's maw.||In Troll's Toothpick, in a square room with troll, left of the entrance.|
|Bjoulsae bandits' hidden lair.||Viridian Watch, big room straight from entrance.|
|Meddling Imperials disrupt the wheel.||Razak's Wheel, in the oval room with 3 pillars behind a machine.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- Aspects of Lord Hircine by Juno Procillus, Academy of Chorrol — Transcribed statement detailing the five aspects of the Daedric Prince Hircine
- Bangkorai, Shield of High Rock by King Eamond — King Eamond's final address to his troops
- The Glenmoril Wyrd by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth — A description of witches of the Glenmoril Wyrd
- The Legend of Fallen Grotto — A cautionary tale surrounding the worship and summoning of Hircine
- A Life Barbaric and Brutal by Arthenice Belloq — The first chapter in an account of abduction and slavery at the hands of the Reachmen
- Living with Lycanthropy — Guidance on living productive, peaceful life while afflicted with Lycanthropy
- The Posting of the Hunt — A document announcing a ritualistic hunting of a mortal by Daedra
- The True-Told Tale of Hallin, Pt. 1 by Prince Fahara'jad — First part of a tale about Sword-singer Hallin and his defense of Ojwambu
- The True-Told Tale of Hallin, Pt. 2 — Second part of a tale about Sword-singer Hallin and his defense of Ojwambu
- The Viridian Sentinel — A children's story surrounding the legend of the Viridian Sentinel
- Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer IV by Marobar Sul — Book 4 of a series of fictional stories about the Dwemer
- Dwemer Inquiries Volume I by Thelwe Ghelein, Scholar — Part of a series of scholarly essays on the elusive Dwemer
- Dwemer Inquiries Volume II by Thelwe Ghelein, Scholar — Part of a series of scholarly essays on the elusive Dwemer
- Dwemer Inquiries Volume III by Thelwe Ghelein, Scholar — Part of a series of scholarly essays on the elusive Dwemer
- 16 Accords of Madness, Vol. VI — Hircine's Tale
- Crow and Raven: Three Short Fables — A series of morals
- The Homilies of Blessed Almalexia by Almalexia — A series of children's fables, each with its own moral
- The Legendary Scourge — A short story and poem about Scourge, the mace of Malacath
- The Lusty Argonian Maid, Volume 1 by Crassius Curio — A fragment of a bawdy play
- The Lusty Argonian Maid, Volume 2 by Crassius Curio — A fragment of a bawdy play
- Myths of Sheogorath, Volume 1 by Mymophonus — Magical myths about the Madgod himself
- Myths of Sheogorath, Volume 2 by Mymophonus — Magical myths about the Madgod himself
- The Red Book of Riddles — Small collection of riddles
- Wabbajack — Story of one man's summoning of Sheogorath and descent into madness
- Proper-Life: Three Chants — Marching songs of the Alessian Order
- Song of the Askelde Men — A traditional Nordic poem about a ghost stalking those that killed him
- The Warrior's Charge — An old poem of the Redguards that deals with the constellations
- Words of the Wind — A volume of verse collected from Ashlander wise women