Online:Zone Guide/Northern Elsweyr
This region, also known as Anequina, merged with the southern region of Pellitine several centuries ago to form the province of Elsweyr. It's a patchwork that united many former small kingdoms, including Rimmen, Orcrest, Riverhold, and Meirvale.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- A Rage of Dragons: Help Elsweyr's first line of defense against the Dragon threat.
- The Usurper Queen: Accompany Abnur Tharn to Rimmen for a meeting with the city's tyrannical ruler.
- The Battle for Riverhold: Defend Riverhold from Euraxia's attack forces.}
- Two Queens: Help retake Rimmen from the Usurper Queen.
- The Final Order: Protect a valuable ally from Euraxia's loyal assassins.
- Cadwell the Betrayer: Stop Zumog Phoom before he can unleash Cadwell the Betrayer on Northern Elsweyr, and find a way to use the Dragonhorn.
- Jode's Core: Defend the Moon Gate of Anequina and the power within from the Dragon threat.
- The Heir of Anequina: Attend the coronation of Anequina's new ruler.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Riverhold Wayshrine — Located near the bridge outside Riverhold.
- Rimmen Wayshrine — Located in Rimmen.
- The Stitches Wayshrine — Located just outside of The Stitches.
- Tenmar Temple Wayshrine — Located just outside of Two Moons at Tenmar Temple.
- Scar's End Wayshrine — Located in the southern part of Northern Elsweyr.
- Hakoshae Wayshrine — Located outside Hakoshae.
- Star Haven Wayshrine — Located just east of Star Haven Adeptorium.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Abode of Ignominy — A delve in the north of Northern Elsweyr.
- Predator Mesa — A plateau in western Northern Elsweyr.
- Desert Wind Caverns — A delve in Northern Elsweyr.
- Tomb of the Serpents — An Akaviri crypt in Northern Elsweyr.
- Darkpool Mine — A cave in Northern Elsweyr containing salt and sulfur pits.
- The Tangle — A delve in Northern Elsweyr.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Riverhold — A small town in the northern part of Northern Elsweyr, at the border to Cyrodiil.
- Rimmen — A city in the northeast corner of Northern Elsweyr.
- Hakoshae — A town in eastern Northern Elsweyr.
- The Prowl — A hunting ground located in northwestern Northern Elsweyr.
- Anequina Aqueduct — A series of aqueducts located south of Rimmen.
- Weeping Scar — A winding chasm in central Northern Elsweyr.
- Cicatrice — A ruined town in the southwest of Northern Elsweyr.
- Ashen Scar — A canyon in Northern Elsweyr.
- The Stitches — A small settlement in the center of Northern Elsweyr.
- Two Moons at Tenmar Temple — A temple dedicated to Jone and Jode in southeastern Northern Elsweyr.
- Merryvale Farms — A collection of plantations in southern Northern Elsweyr.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Star Haven Adeptorium — A settlement housing the religious adepts in Elsweyr.
- Shadow Dance Ruins — The remnants of an ancient Khajiiti shrine in Northern Elsweyr.
- Moon Gate of Anequina — A striking locale located east of the Valenwood Gate in Northern Elsweyr.
- Sleepy Senche Mine — A disused limestone mine found in Elsweyr.
- Defense Force Outpost — A military outpost found in northern Elsweyr.
- Sandswirl Manor — An Imperial style manor in northern Elsweyr.
- Valenwood Gate — A border gate located in the southwestern corner of Northern Elsweyr that connects to Grahtwood.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Starlight Adeptorium — A crafting site in northwestern Northern Elsweyr, south of Star Haven Adeptorium, used for crafting the Senche-raht's Grit set.
- Valenwood Border Artisan Camp — A crafting site in southwestern Northern Elsweyr, northeast of Valenwood Gate, used for crafting the Coldharbour's Favorite set.
- Rimmen Masterworks — A crafting site in Northern Elsweyr, southwest of Rimmen, for crafting the Vastarie's Tutelage set.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
- Rimmen Necropolis — A public dungeon found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Orcrest — A ruined city found in the center of Northern Elsweyr.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- The Bone Pit — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Scar's Edge — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Red Hands Run — A group boss site found in the Tenmar Borderlands region of Northern Elsweyr.
- Hill of Shattered Swords — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Talon Gulch — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
- Nightmare Plateau — A group boss site found in Northern Elsweyr.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Near Riverhold, where the river falls.||On a rock at the top of a waterfall south of Riverhold|
|In the ruins where poachers Prowl.||In the corner of a ruined building in The Prowl|
|At the creek's end, where shadows dance.||At the source of a creek leading from Shadow Dance Ruins to Hakoshae|
|In a cart among Rimmen's canes.||In the moon-sugar fields northwest of Rimmen's western gate|
|In a shattered crate beneath the Stitches.||At the bottom of the ravine below The Goiter's Gulp in the Stitches|
|In a hidden cave beneath the Moon Gate of Anequina.||In a cave west of the Moon Gate of Anequina|
|Overlooking the buzzing hives of Merryvale Farms.||On the cliffs south of Merryvale Farms|
|Behind a burned out farmhouse.||Behind a burnt house in the Sandblown Dragonscour||Beware of dragons|
|In the shadow of a Dragon's wings.||Between some tall rocks in the middle of the Scab Ridge Dragonscour||Beware of dragons|
|On the ridgeline overlooking the Ashen Scar.||On top of a stone arch at the southeastern entrance to Ashen Scar|
|In the darkest depths of Orcrest, where all the pipes converge.||In the sewers beneath Orcrest|
|On an altar, deep within the Rimmen Necropolis.||In a room in the northeast section of Rimmen Necropolis|
|On an unsteady ledge, buffeted by the Desert Wind.||On a ledge in Desert Wind Caverns.||This one is visible from below at the entrance, but you'll have to go around to get to it.|
|Tucked away on the highest scarp of Predator Mesa.||On a cliff at the northern edge of Predator Mesa|
|At the mouth of a cave, in an ignoble abode.||In the southeastern room in the Abode of Ignominy|
|On an oil-slick island in Darkpool Mine.||In the central cave in Darkpool Mine|
|Hidden in the Tangle undergrowth.||In the southwestern cave of the Tangle|
|Protected by the armored guardians of the serpents' tomb.||By a pillar in the westernmost room of the Tomb of the Serpents|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The Rise of Queen Ayrenn by Nuulehtel of Skywatch — A brief account of Queen Ayrenn's life and history
- A Warning to the Aldmeri Dominion by Erystera Ligen — A Daggerfall Covenant ultimatum delivered to the Aldmeri Dominion
- The Legend of Vastarie by Afwa, a Student and Friend — On one of the most infamous necromancers of the Second Era
- Varieties of Faith: The Khajiit by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — A summary of the Khajiiti pantheon
- Litter-Mates of Darkness by Moon Bishop Hunal — An essay surrounding the dro-m'Athra
- Master Zoaraym's Tale, Part 1 by Gi'Nanth — About the Temple of the Two Moons in Elsweyr and its students
- Master Zoaraym's Tale, Part 2 by Gi'Nanth — About the Temple of the Two Moons in Elsweyr and its students
- The Moon Cats and their Dance — Attributed to Clan Mother Ahnissi
- Moon-Sugar for Glossy Fur? Yes! by Rathuni-la Dawnwhisker, Daughter of Azurah — A pamphlet dismissing claims that Moon Sugar is bad for a Khajiit's health