Skyrim:Staff of Magnus
|Artifact: Staff of Magnus (00035369)
|Charge/Cost = Uses||5000/106=47 seconds|
The Staff of Magnus is a unique item in its appearance and functions similarly to the staves of flames, frost, and sparks, which all feature a constant firing when used until their charge is depleted.
When fired, the Staff of Magnus emits a stream of energy that has a significantly larger range than other forms of concentration spells (i.e. Flames, Sparks, Frostbite), excluding the master-level Destruction spell Lightning Storm.
The staff has an unusually large charge capacity and features a unique effect of draining 20 points of magicka per second from its target and will start draining health instead if the target has no magicka, so it is particularly useful against high level mages like Master Necromancers.
- The Staff of Magnus: Retrieve the Staff of Magnus.
- The Eye of Magnus: Reclaim the College and contain the Eye.
The staff appears to be a greenish blue orb surrounded by several spikes with a green-blue gem at the bottom.
The staff itself can be found within Labyrinthian, but the section that it resides in is only accessible if you have the Torc of Labyrinthian from starting the quest The Staff of Magnus, one of the later quests from the College of Winterhold.
- This staff also appeared in Morrowind, although with a completely different effect.
- Myrwatch's galleryCC contains a special holder for this item.
- A second staff may be lootable from Morokei. While confirmed to occur, the circumstances under which this happens are unknown; see the talk page for more information.
- The staff might not actually absorb health, even after the target has been completely drained of magicka. The staff will instead absorb a seemingly endless amount of magicka, even when the staff is fired at the target until completely drained of its charge.
- When wielding only the Staff of Magnus, your unarmed attack will increase in speed significantly.
- When placing the staff on a weapon rack in a Hearthfire home, the staff may vanish and be irretrievable.