Skyrim:Thane of Falkreath
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Befriend the Jarl of Falkreath.
- Assist three people of Falkreath Hold.
- Return to the Jarl for your reward.
This is an umbrella quest for several other quests that must be completed if you wish to become Thane of Falkreath. In order to receive it, you must first aid the current Jarl of Falkreath. If Siddgeir is Jarl, the previous quest will usually be to kill a Bandit Leader; however, if he was ousted from Falkreath during Season Unending and reinstated following The Battle for Fort Neugrad, that is sufficient to begin this quest. If Dengeir is Jarl, whether he was installed via Rescue from Fort Neugrad or Season Unending, then the completion of that quest is sufficient to fulfill the prerequisite.
Once you have completed the prerequisite, speak with the jarl again and he will ask you to assist the people of Falkreath hold three times in order to become Thane. This can be difficult as there are only a limited number of quests in the hold and the quest givers are non-essential, which could result in their death and irrevocable loss of potential quests. Note, however, that you can also befriend merchants if you have the Investor perk by investing in their stores.
Falkreath Favor Quests
Highlighted quests can be easily completed without any skill use.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)|
|Hert||Half-Moon Mill||Chop Wood: Get paid to chop firewood. (radiant)||
|Dengeir of Stuhn||Falkreath, Dengeir's House||Some Light Theft: Do a favor by stealing an item. (radiant)||
|Mathies||Falkreath, Corpselight Farm||Gather Wheat: Get paid to gather crops. (radiant)||
|Runil||Falkreath, Hall of the Dead||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Thadgeir||Falkreath, Dengeir's House||Delivery: Deliver an item to an associate. (radiant)||
Note that if Dengeir is Jarl, he will not give out his personal quests. If you completed Some Light Theft for him before making him Jarl then it will still count towards assisting the citizens of Falkreath.
Investing 500 gold in certain stores will count towards Thaneship if you have not befriended the store's owner by other means.
|Merchant Name||Store Name||Store Location||Merchandise|
|Solaf||Gray Pine Goods||Falkreath||General; sells Blue Mage Robes|
After helping three inhabitants, the journal tells you to return to the jarl. The reward, the Blade of Falkreath, is a random, leveled, enchanted sword. There is a 50% chance that it will be a sword (one-handed), and a 50% chance it will be a greatsword (two-handed). You will also receive a pittance of gold and the title of Thane for Falkreath Hold. With the Hearthfire add-on, you will also be rewarded a personal housecarl, Rayya.
- The quest may become nearly impossible to complete if Lod dies for any reason or if you finish the Rescue from Fort Neugrad quest of the Stormcloaks before you enter Falkreath because the game does not accept radiant quests as favors.
- This can be fixed with the console codes
setstage favorjarlsmakefriends 95and
setstage favor258 20
- This can be fixed with the console codes
- Assistance to citizens done prior to accepting this quest counts towards the total.
- Siddgeir may become stuck in a "Foe" relationship with you if you've killed his housecarl for the Dark Brotherhood (even if you did it secretly). If so, he'll never grant you Thaneship.
- This issue has been addressed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; The relationship will only be harmed if you are caught killing the housecarl.
- You can fix this with the console command
player.setrelationshiprank 00019822 2
- If Siddgeir is no longer Jarl, the new Jarl will grant you Thaneship.
|Thane of Falkreath (Favor258)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 15: Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 25, 200.