Skyrim talk:Rescue Mission
Anyway to identify a list of all potential victims or what disincludes someone from being a victim?--Bwross 09:59, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- Answered own question, put results on main page.--Bwross 03:23, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
At level 60 I got 100 gold, I'm assuming it's like Bounty: Giant with a fixed reward no matter what level, I'm adding it to the page unless someone can say they have received more (or less). (Eddie The Head 08:40, 3 May 2012 (UTC))
- The reward should be leveled from all I can see in the CK. But the amount will be determined when the quest is started, not when it is completed. --Alfwyn (talk) 12:10, 3 February 2014 (GMT)
bug or pure chance?
My current follower ended up to be the one chosen to be kidnapped and rescued. My follwer was Faendal, and the rescue quest I received was for him. I had gotten far enough ahead of him while traveling that he didn't immediately catch up. This happens to me a lot, but I always just press on and he catches up eventually. This most recent time he did not, including on fast travel. I have no idea what happened, and the next thing I know he ends up as the kidnapping victim. Any ideas how that happened? FYI, no more than 1 day game time passed between him getting lost and the quest being given. Ideas? The page implies this can't happen. --22.214.171.124 03:15, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
- I would think it was just pure chance.Remember,NPCs can't do things the player can do,like jumping.You might have been jumping over some steep area and Faendal had to take a long way around.The not appearing on fast tavel is weird.Are you sure that you did not tell him to wait?--Skyrimplayer 03:22, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't. FYI I just went to rescue him and he was dressed in the garb I had given him earlier (i.e., not his default look). Then on returning him to Riverwood and after quest completion, he did not walk away. So, I interacted with him and his options were "normal" for a follower who is currently following you. Strange. --126.96.36.199 03:45, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
Can't get new Companion quest
I got this quest from Vilkas, rescued the person, and brought them back to Riften, quest updated as expected when I was near Riften. Vilkas happened to be outside Riften after coming back outside, and I completed the quest with him, the quest was marked completed. I don't remember if I got the reward. Vilkas did not have the dialog option to get a new quest. I played a while longer without thinking about it, and when back in Whiterun, Vilkas and the other Companions think I still have a job active, and none of the companions will give me a new quest. It seems my Companions quests are now permanently bugged. Anyone run into this? I'm on xbox so no console for me, and I played several days before realizing the problem, so don't want to go back to old save and I guess I'm done with the companions. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 02:57 on 14 February 2013
- That sounds like you hit a rather nasty bug. Is there a miscellaneous objective for Talk to the Companions leaders for work in your quest log? --Morrolan (talk) 13:22, 10 April 2013 (GMT)
- I'm having a similar problem. Rescue Mission completed seemingly ok, but none of the companions are offering me any quests. I'm also missing the miscellaneous objective "Talk to the Companions leaders for work", and that objective shows as DORMANT if I run the sqo command in the console. I've tried console commands to re-enable the objective (resetquest CompanionsRadiantMiscObjective, setstage CompanionsRadiantMiscObjective 0) and to re-complete Rescue Mission (setstage cr08 100), but neither worked correctly. The questgivers all got quest markers for the objective "Talk to the Companions leaders for work", but they still weren't offering quests. --Aaron of Mpls (talk) 05:05, 24 June 2013 (GMT)
Has anyone received a message to rescue one of the captives from this location? Assuming they are unbound (& alive), are they bound again after escorting them beck to the shack?--184.108.40.206 05:11, 3 July 2013 (GMT)
Possible Solution to Hostage Not being Captured
PS3 - When I received a rescue mission quest from vilkas, I was to rescue Ysolda from 'Embershard mine'. I cleared the dungeon (Already cleared that one once or twice), however she was not there. I returned to whiterun and found her walking around the city and when approached there was no option to free her or anything, just the standard options. I tried all solutions from uesp to no avail. I could not get another job from the companions either so I decided to do a radiant job for Vex/delvin (Thieves Guild). I received a bedlam job for 'Raven Rock' which I knew was bugged so I cancelled this one and asked for another. When I looked at my mission screen to check for the new bedlam job, I noticed that the rescue mission was gone. It was still there when I checked the first job (Raven Rock). I returned to whiterun and when asking the companions for a new job, that was possible again. I later found the rescue mission in the completed section of the missions, with no additional info or anything. Only the goal was there with a description, It wasn't even marked as done or anything.
Long story short: It appears that cancelling a radiant job from the thieves guild, 'completed' my bugged radiant quest from the companions.
i was send to rescue heimskr but when i walked down the stairs in front of the main entrance of jorrvaskr he suddenly came back. Is this a bug? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 16:32 on 14 December 2013
Rescued Hert but quest won't finish
On Xbox 360: I was sent to rescue Hert (from Half-Moon Mill). She was being held at Brodir Grove on Solstheim. Got her back to the mill and am standing with her right over where the quest arrow is located, but the quest won't finish. If I try to speak to her, she simply repeats "Please get me home." Totally stuck here - looks like I have no choice but to restart. Any fix for this? (Going to really suck restarting to my last save, considering I've not saved in days of playing continuously. >.< Bad move on my part.) 18.104.22.168 01:30, 9 September 2014 (GMT)
--Update: Thank the Divines. Managed to get it working. I unlocked her home and went in there. Heard her dialogue "You're not supposed to be in here." When I left the house, the quest status finally updated and finished.22.214.171.124 01:37, 9 September 2014 (GMT)
Rescued Wilhelm but quest won't finish
On PS3: Following rescue of Wilhem from Ilinalta's deep, a successful return to Iverstead was accomplished. The marker shows the correct location in front of Vilemyr Inn. However, regardless of where you go in town, Wilhelm fails to recognize he is home and simply repeats -- "Please, get me home!" (PS3 with dragonborn/hearthfire installed. (also added to bugs) Drankinatty (talk) 22:49, 4 February 2015 (GMT)
Quest location note confusion..
I don't understand the note listed at the bottom of the quest location table: ""Note that the categories for each of the location types above will list all locations with the given type of occupant, including locations that do not have a boss-type enemy or do not have place to lock up captives; therefore, some of the locations listed in the categories are not possible destinations for this quest"". - to me it seems to say that if there's no boss or no where to lock someone up, then the location couldn't be used for this quest. However it clearly shows Orphan Rock in the table and I've just completed this quest at this location. Fastred was standing beside the arcane enchanter and was able to be rescued... Can someone explain how/why i'm being thick or update the note to be clearer please. Biffa (talk) 11:35, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- I think the goal of the note is to prevent people from adding the entire category to the page. Using Hagraven Nests as an example, if you look at Skyrim-Places-Hagraven Nests, you'll see that it lists 13 locations, but the table in the article only lists six. That means that the remaining seven that aren't on the page either don't have a boss-type enemy or they don't have a place to lock up captives. Orphan Rock may have a stupid place to lock up captives, in that they're neither "locked up" nor "captive" in any way, but the game data marks that location as being somewhere to put a captive, so Orphan Rock qualifies for the quest. – Robin Hood (talk) 16:18, 18 May 2019 (UTC)