Skyrim talk:The Ratway
Who Wrote That Thing?
In the Prima Official Guide, it mentions that Hewonn and Drahff will attempt to rob you, and you can pass a speech check to get them to back off. I don't know what other players' experiences are, but everybody in the Ratway is kill-on-sight. --DaedalusMachina 10:33, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- The Prima guides are pretty much known to have quite a few errors when it comes to documenting the Elder Scrolls games. I guess with that much information, its hardly surprising. Vos 10:41, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
The Ratway Vaults should never respawn, like the Ratway, they are both in the RiftenRatwayZone encounter zone that has the never respawn flag. The Ratway Warrens on the other hand are not in this encounter zone ("getinzone 9fbb9" doesn't return 1 there). --Alfwyn (talk) 16:17, 29 December 2012 (GMT)
Weird trap blocking the way back out of the Ratway Vault.
I finally fixed Esbern and was ready to get out of this place. Came across this  odd trap. It cannot be interacted with, it seems like it was already activated, and it's blocking the way. I don't think that horizontal bar should be there. Is that supposed to be the tripwire? The spiky balls, I pushed those behind that bar, they were in front before. Don't know, but we can't get out. Guess I'm just gonna use the console to go through it, but I thought I'd report this. --Rope Dog (talk) 10:39, 16 July 2013 (GMT)
I've just made a small change where it showed that there was a iron battleaxe, and I've just picked up a dwarven battleaxe, so changed it to read 'leveled battleaxe' should I note this sort of change as verification needed? Biffa (talk) 21:44, 13 September 2013 (GMT)
- Generally, no, as that was a correct change. I did just check it in the CK and it is leveled, anyway. Vely►t►e 15:02, 14 September 2013 (GMT)
The section on the Ratway Vaults says that there is a pair of randomly enchanted gauntlets on the armorer's workbench, but I didn't find enchanted gauntlets anywhere in the Ratway Vaults, and I spent a fair amount of time looking in that room. I did find a pair of dwarven gauntlets somewhere in the Ratway or the Ratway Vaults, but they have no enchantment on them. I also seem to have lost a couple of saws that I picked up on this dungeon crawl.
I'm not sure whether the article is in error and the gauntlets are random but not enchanted, randomly enchanted items have a chance for no enchantment at all, or I stashed some stuff in a container that ate the items. But I will say that I almost never put enchanted items into containers in dungeons. Nor do I recall picking up any enchanted armor during this dungeon crawl.
Any insight offered would be appreciated.188.8.131.52 03:17, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- On the workbench is right, I wouldn't have written it if there hadn't been a pair. Admittedly on a recent run into the Ratway to get Dravin's bow I couldn't see the anything on the workbench to loot, or around it, which did perplex me, but I wasn't using this page so I thought my memory was out. It is possible that a random item might even be leveled (only appears above a certain level), and I think my test characters were between 10 and 70, but my recent character was above 10. It is possible that they are not enchanted too, I can only do so much to test without use of the CK. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 03:55, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- I can confirm from the CK that they're supposed to be there, and at a glance, I don't see anything wrong with how they're set up or with the random list it chooses from, so there should be something there, in theory. That said, I've seen no small number of cases where an object will randomly fall through the environment for no good reason. The skill book next to the Skyforge is one case where I often see it happen, though certainly not always, and this could perhaps be another. – Robin Hood (talk) 16:34, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the info.184.108.40.206 20:25, 9 December 2017 (UTC)