Skyrim talk:The Straw that Broke
"I encountered a bug..."
I encountered a bug with this quest on PC, and finally worked out a resolution; however, it requires replication, I think, before being added to the main article.
The symptoms were as follows:
I picked up the contents of Reyda's satchel before (I think) talking with Narfi. I finished Narfi's quest and received a reward, and noticed *much* later that the "Ask Wilhelm about Reyda" journal item was still logged in my miscellaneous quests.
Using setstage FreeformIvarstead02 X didn't resolve the problem for any valid value of X. Using resetquest FreeformIvarstead02 didn't resolve the problem for any valid value of X.
Using player.sqs FreeformIvarstead02 revealed that somehow journal stages 10, 20, 40, and 200 were complete. Stage 30 was not, though.
So, I resolved it by resetting the quest and then setting all the stages in sequence, as follows:
resetquest FreeformIvarstead02 setstage FreeformIvarstead02 20 setstage FreeformIvarstead02 30 setstage FreeformIvarstead02 40 setstage FreeformIvarstead02 200
I did wind up with another set of rewards from Narfi (who was, by this time, dead); but the journal entry cleared and I am content.
- Helped me out. Thanks! 220.127.116.11 16:20, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, it should. If no one beats me to it, I'll add what information I can momentarily. Thanks for pointing out the missing information. :) Alphabetface 06:37, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
I picked up the necklace coming into town the first time, made my delivery to Wilhelm & had a speech option of 'Is this her necklace? (Give Necklace)', Wilhelm said 'Reyda, You saw Reyda...'. The Quest 'updated' to giving Narfi the necklace, but I can't give it to him because of dark brotherhood quest.(PS3)The Silencer 04:53, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
Wilhelm's dialogue not a bug
I don't think that Wilhelm's unexpected dialogue "Reyda! You saw Reyda!" is a bug. It's recorded in Wilhelm's voice, not Narfi's. I think it was left in as a joke.— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 22:49 6 May 2012
- If that's the case, than Wilhelm has a pretty sick attitude. It's more likely a bug. Wolok gro-Barok 16:15, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Rude Narfi bug
So I found the necklace and all that good stuff, and when I go and tell Narfi I found his sister's necklace, he does the "you've seen her" speech, then he exits the dialogue, without taking the necklace, or giving me the chance to lie/tell the truth, thus not being able to end the quest. Any work around to this? --Rezalon (talk) 04:56, 5 May 2015 (GMT)
- Can confirm this bug - 25/05/2015. In frustration I just used "setstage FreeformIvarstead02 200" to finish it. It gave me the rewards and cleared the quest from my log. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:52 on 25 May 2015
- A second confirmation. Ran into the bug myself. Shame, really, would've liked to hear the dialogue at quest's end. Ah well.--126.96.36.199 19:06, 26 May 2015 (UTC)