|Added by: Tamriel Rebuilt|
|Region: Dagon Urul|
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
Helnim is an Imperial town in the region Dagon Urul. The town, established as an entrepôt of the Zarfibel Bay Company, serves as the main trading connection of the Empire with the Telvannis. The town was established in the district in order to exploit the relative openness of the Telvanni of the neighboring Tel Gilan to trade with outlanders.
The visitor that arrives by boat can immediately find The Red Drake, a inn on the western side of town, where one can spend the night and have a meal. One can also visit Mjornir's Meadhouse, on the far side of the town, for a more rowdy meal and a few drinks. In the middle of the docks stands the Census and Excise office that controls the important outflow of Telvanni goods - Bug Musk in particular.
Getting there & around
Helnim maintains regular boat travel lines with Firewatch and Marog, while Tel Gilan competes by offering silt strider connections with Ranyon-ruhn and Tel Muthada. By foot, a long and winding road crawls to the north around the Boethian Mountains until a pass where it can cross them to reach the road between Ranyon-ruhn and Firewatch. To the south, it cuts through the Molag Ruhn to rejoin Tel Muthada or Marog.
Helnim exists in relative harmony with the lord of nearby Tel Gilan, Nisa Darythi, and his influence is felt across town - not least by Hartise, the leader of the local Fighters Guild, who considers him one of their major customers. As many residents here are employees of the Zafirbel Bay Company, their factor Disela also holds a great deal of power locally. Other notable figureheads include Servas Capris, who leads the legion garrison from Fort Servas, Areanne Vara who leads the local Mages Guild, and Barra'tho, who acts as the organiser of all Imperial Archaeological Society activity in Telvannis District. Cantorius Tramel leads the worship of the faithful at the Chapel of Kynareth, while Garus Barinius heads up the Census and Excise Office.
For a complete list of all the people in Helnim, go here.
Places of Interest around Helnim
The most notable place of interest in the area is incontestably the cyclopean ruins of Kemel-Ze, just across the bay. In closer vicinity, the caves of Asnadan, Berantus and Galseah can be found; as well as the Falanos Ancestral Tomb. Farther to the south lies the Veralan Farm and to the north can be found Otori and Yenidan, two caverns, the Aviroth Ancestral Tomb, the Dwemer Ruins of Mzankh, the Velothi Tower of Assurbalhet. To the southeast, the Dwemer ruins of Amthuandz form with Mzankh and Kemel-Ze a triangle of which Helnim is roughly at the center.
- Prior to the Embers of Empire release in 2022, Helnim was considerably larger than the other great Imperial colony of Telvannis District, Firewatch, and many of Firewatch's NPCs are originally from this location.
- Joran the Defector: Convince a former member to rejoin the guild.
- Tainted Goods: Ensure a fellow fighter is not imperilled.
- A Blight on Business: Bring a cure to a kwama queen.
- Capture Rethyn Verelnim: Arrest a renegade for a Telvanni wizard.
- Hunting Twilight: Destroy a rebellious Daedra.
- A Change of Heart: Sort out a mixup for Master Darythi.
- Starry-Eyed: Areanne Vara needs eyestar eyes.
- Lamplit: Discover the mission of a tight-lipped Lamp Knight.
- The Wealthy Widower: Console a grieving widower.
- An Unlikely Convert: Collect the dues of an unlikely convert.
- The Thieving Pilgrim: Help retrieve a stolen limeware platter.
- Harbor Haunting: Exorcise an ill-fortuned vessel.
- Racer Swarm: Cull cliff racers at Helnim's lighthouse.
- Wanted Wizard: Arrest a murdering mage.
- Raiders in Otori: Break a bandit group harassing Telvanni traders.
- It Belongs in a Museum: Identify a source of Dwemer contraband.
- Literary Critic: Conduct a critical delivery.
- Seeking a Friend: Help track down an old friend.