|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Granny Varis (Granny Varis)|
|Home City||Mournhold, Temple|
Granny Varis is the Dunmer caretaker at the Mournhold Temple, and the mother of Trels Varis, a journalist who is trying to expose King Hlaalu Helseth's alleged poisoning of his predecessor. If you meet her and her husband, Gee-Pop Varis before doing the Muckraking Journalist quest, you can blackmail Trels into stopping his operation. Killing her while Trels is still alive will enrage him, prompting him to attack you upon speaking to him.
She wears common clothing including pants, shoes, shirt, skirt, and a ring. Aside from her natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by her ancestors, she knows the following spells: Absorb Health (ranged), Almalexia's Grace, Almsivi Intervention, Divine Intervention, and Telekinesis.
- Muckraking Journalist: Learn the identity of the anonymous writer of The Common Tongue.
- "I clean this temple, sera. Mind you keep it that way"
- "This temple is clean as Almalexia's conscience, sera. And mind you keep it that way."
- my trade:
- "I keep things clean and running smoothly. I keep an eye on things. I make sure we have enough of what is needed, and make sure no one walks off with things."
- Trels Varis:
- "Well. Yes. That's the name of one of my sons. Trels Varis. But I have no idea where he is right now. Haven't seen him recently."
If you've also talked to Gee-Pop Varis about Trels Varis:
- "My husband says he's in Kragenmoor? Old fool. What does he know. He'd forget his head if it weren't jammed tight on his neck."