|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Meralyn Othan (meralyn othan)|
Meralyn Othan is a Dunmer commoner who can be found in the Great Bazaar. She is mourning the death of her brother, Sevil. Almalexia asks you to investigate the cult that convinced Sevil to kill himself, and tells you to ask Meralyn for information. Whether Almalexia is doing this out of charity or for a show of power is debatable. She wears a common shirt with matching skirt, shoes, and pants. Aside from her natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by her ancestors, she knows no spells.
- "Greetings. How may I help you?"
- "They preach that the Tribunal have lost their powers, and that this is a signal that the apocalypse is near. Eno Romari teaches his followers that our time in Tamriel is at an end, and the gates of Oblivion will soon open and the daedra will walk the land. Only the ancestors who have already left this world will remain once the daedric scourge covers the earth. And so he promotes what he calls "the Cleansing."
- End of Times:
- "They are a suicide cult, plain and simple. Their beliefs are destructive, heretical, and frightening to me. I don't know how my brother ever got involved with them! I'm beginning to see them all over the city, but you'll most often find them in Godsreach, outside the Winged Guar."
- Eno Romari:
- "A lunatic, %PCName. You'll often find him outside the Winged Guar, spouting his nonsense to passersby, and to the drunks stumbling out of the tavern."
- found dead:
- "Yes, my brother was found dead not long ago. I think it was poison, probably given to him by Eno Romari and those sick End of Times lunatics."
- Meralyn Othan:
- "I am she."
- "You've heard about my brother? It's hard to imagine he's gone. All would be well if he hadn't fallen in with Eno Romari and those End of Times lunatics. Sevil was a lonely man, a bit lost, but he was hardly stupid. It was that cult that caused his death!"
- the Cleansing:
- "It is a ritual suicide, %PCName. My brother was no fool, but he was a trusting person, always looking for someone or something to believe in. He thought he had found that in the End of Times."