|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Nerile Andaren is a Dunmer healer who can be found in the Temple's Hall of Ministry. She is a Curate in the Tribunal Temple, and is heavily involved in fighting off the return of the Crimson Plague. She has ingredients, potions, and spells for sale, but just for members of the Temple. Most notably, she is one of the only spell merchants who will sell you a spell with a Fortify Skill effect. (The others are Crito Olcinius and Laurina Maria, both in Mournhold and also added by the Tribunal expansion; and Bronrod the Roarer in Skaal Village, Solstheim, added by the Bloodmoon expansion.)
She wears a common robe with matching shoes. She carries a restocking assortment of healing potions for sale. Aside from her natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by her ancestors, she knows various spells. Specifically, these are the same spells she has for sale.
- "Health and healing are my specialties."
- "I wonder if I could trouble you for a moment of your time, %PCName. I don't know if you've heard the rumors going around about a disease; I can say that I consider them to be exaggerations of the truth. Several people have fallen ill lately, to be sure, but it is hardly the epidemic people are making it out to be. Regardless, I wondered if I could ask a small favor of you."
- "Hello, %PCName. Interested in the rumors circulating around the city? I can say that I consider them to be exaggerations of the truth. Several people have fallen ill lately, to be sure, but it is hardly the epidemic people are making it out to be. As long as you're here, however, perhaps I could ask a small favor of you."
- "Don't just stand there, %PCName! Get rid of these rats! They've all been infected!" Goodbye
- "Welcome back, %PCName. Have you been able to deliver that Cure Disease Potion?"
- "This is a serious turn of events, %PCName. Perhaps I've underestimated what's going on here. May I ask another favor of you?"
- "Have you delivered that Cure Disease Potion, %PCName? I'd be grateful if you've done me that favor."
- "%PCName, there is much to discuss. It seems the situation is more serious than I'd expected. I've examined the rat you see here, and I've detemined what infected it - the Crimson Plague."
- "I heard noises from downstairs. What's happened?"
- "I suggest you go help Shunari, and quickly at that. She may have information we need to figure out what's going on." Goodbye
- "Were you able to help Shunari, %PCName?"
- "Have you any news about the Crimson Plague, %PCName?"
- "Ah, %PCName. Friend of the Temple, and healer of Mournhold. What can I do for you?"
- "I've told you I want no further contact with you. I'll handle this on my own. Please leave." Goodbye
- "I had to do quite a bit of research to find any useful information. It seems the disease was stamped out during the Second Age, but now it's re-surfaced. I'm not sure how or why, but I know something must be done about it. It spreads easily, and acts quickly. Now that you're one of the few people aware of what's really going on, I'm going to enlist your help in learning more about this re-appearance of the Crimson Plague."
- Continue "I'd look into this myself, but I need to remain here in case more victims come in for treatment. I imagine that reasoning is becoming all too familiar to you, yes? Perhaps you could check it out for me? I'd start by checking the sewers and tombs beneath here, if I were you. The rats seem to be coming from there, and up through the Temple's basement. It must be something they're coming into contact with..."
- "Any information will be useful, regardless of the source. There must be an explanation for this sudden outbreak."
- "I'm guessing Shunari knows something. Clearly she's come in to contact with the disease herself. You must help Shunari, %PCName, and then perhaps she'll give us some clue as to what's really behind all this."
- "Now that you've cured Shunari, perhaps she'll be willing to give you information to help us solve this puzzle."
- "I'm not sure I understand how Gedna Relvel can be the cause of this. I'll look into the matter. In the meantime, get down there and see what else you can find out."
- "With Gedna Relvel dead, perhaps we've stemmed the tide of this outbreak, before it's spread too far. I'll have the guards on the lookout for any more rats; there shouldn't be many left now. Mournhold owes you quite a debt, %PCName, whether it knows it or not. I cannot offer you much in the way of payment, but I can grant you the power to heal. I hope you will not often find cause to use it."
- "I cannot thank you enough. This city will never truly know what a service you have done it; you've prevented a horrible outbreak that would have ended up affecting us all."
- "Yes, I know it's a menial task, most likely beneath someone of your stature. I'd take it myself, but I need to stay here in case anyone else arrives needing assistance. I do appreciate it, %PCName. Just let me know when you've delivered it."
- "It needs to go to Geon Auline, %PCName. I fear his condition has only worsened since I first heard of it."
- "You delivered the potion? Wonderful, %PCName. I know it was a simple task, perhaps even an annoying one, but it was important nonetheless. I imagine Geon Auline will be feeling much better in the next few days."
- "Yes, I know. Please don't hate me. But after those vicious rats showed up, I realized I still can't afford to leave the Temple. Besides, I'd like to take a closer look at one of them, to see if I can't really figure out what's going on here. Just take the potion to Athelyn Malas; he should be somewhere outside the Temple, in the courtyard. I do appreciate this, %PCName."
- "What do you mean, Athelyn Malas is dead? There's no explanation for that. He was ill, yes, but the disease wouldn't have killed him so quickly. %PCName... I find it difficult to believe you had nothing to do with this. I can't trust you, and I'm afraid I can't work with someone I don't trust. Please leave. Now." Goodbye
- "Thank you for taking care of that, %PCName."
- "Yes, the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, in my opinion. That does not mean, however, that I am not taking it seriously. Believe me, the Temple is keeping a close eye on the situation, as am I."
- "We'll keep working, and maybe we can stop this from becoming something the public needs to panic over."
- "It could've become something much worse, were it not for you, %PCName."
- "Yes. Well. It's not much, really. A simple delivery that needs to be made, actually. Geon Auline reported being ill earlier this week, yet refuses to come to the Temple for healing. Some nonsense about a collection of his. At any rate, if he will not come to us, then we must take the initiative and go to him. Will you deliver this Cure Disease Potion to him?"
- "If you could just deliver that potion, %PCName, I'd be most appreciative. Things have been so busy here that I simply can't do it myself."
- "Thank you for delivering the potion, %PCName."
- "I hope it's not too much of an imposition, but there's another sick individual that needs healing. Athelyn Malas is out in the Temple Courtyard; the Ordinators won't let him come in. They've seen the increase in people requesting healing from the Temple, and fear that allowing him access will only spread whatever disease it is he carries. Can you take a Cure Disease Potion to him?"
- "I know, I know. It's a menial task. I do apologize, but it needs to be done."
- "Thank you for aiding me, %PCName. I'm afraid there's more serious work to be done, now that I've determined the Crimson Plague is behind all this."
- "I've no more favors to ask of you, %PCName. You've done more than enough."
- "I've heard enough about her to be scared. A powerful sorceress, condemned for studying and practicing forbidden magics. I knew she was laid to rest somewhere under Mournhold many years ago, but I don't think anyone knew she had the power to cheat death itself!"
- "The old sorceress' plans have been thwarted. She won't trouble us again, thanks to you, %PCName. And with the spread of the disease on the decline, I think I can finally take a break from work. There isn't much I can offer you, %PCName, but I shall grant you some small amount of healing power. I hope that you will not often find occasion to use it."
- "It's good that you dealt with her before she could spread her pestilence across our city."
- "His house is in Godsreach. He rarely leaves it, from what I understand."
- "I imagine he should be feeling much better now, %PCName."
- "He's dead? There's no explanation for that. He was ill, yes, but the disease wouldn't have killed him so quickly. %PCName... I find it difficult to believe you had nothing to do with this. I can't trust you, and I'm afraid I can't work with someone I don't trust. Please leave. Now." Goodbye
- "Shunari? Yes, I know her. But keep your voice down. The guards have been looking for her. She's quite the accomplished thief, it seems. Here, take this scroll. If she needs curing, she won't have anything to do with potions. She thinks they're all poison, or at least they could be. If you have a spell you can use, that will work too. I believe Galsa offers something that might work. Go quickly, %PCName. We need all the information we can get!"
- "Yes, attend to her needs as soon as possible. She may have information that will benefit us."
- "Have you been able to aid Shunari? If she has information, you must make sure she is safe. Without her, we may never find out what's happened. I do hope she's all right."
- "She may not be the most lawful of Mournhold's citizens, but she often has valuable information. I do my best not to judge her actions. I'm glad you've been able to help her, %PCName."
Nerile has the following spells available for sale:
- Negative numbers indicate restocking items.