|This is an archive of past UESPWiki:Reference Desk discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Decorating Houses and Moving Items/Bodies
- 2 People Think I am a Full Vampire
- 3 Overencumbered problem
- 4 Knights of The Nine: Theredet unconscious glitch
- 5 Magical Items Disappear From Inventory
- 6 Setting Speed Modifiers in Oblivion.ini
- 7 (Oblivion) How Long Do I Have Before A Body Disappears?: Concerning The Necromancer's Amulet
- 8 The Strange Crystal Door
- 9 (Oblivion) The Weynon Priory "Wait Here" Bug
- 10 Paying fines in The Shivering Isles
- 11 Removing Attenuator of Judgment on PS3 ?
- 12 Vampirism Cure?
- 13 a bad bug in the "tes 3 morrowind-game of the year edition"
- 14 Cheryndial Mages Guild Quest
- 15 Sheogorath-Shaped Amber
- 16 Why does my infamy go up even when i do nothing wrong?
- 17 Unofficial Oblivion Patch
- 18 Dark Brotherhood Murderer
- 19 Missing NPC
- 20 omg!
- 21 Oblivion: Accidents Happen
- 22 Hawkhaven
- 23 4th Book In Imperial City Sewers
- 24 Stuck in Test World
- 25 Encumberence
- 26 When is the best level(s) to go for the best swords???
- 27 Turning a Blind Eye
- 28 Leveling Up Question
- 29 Tribunal Expansion Question
- 30 enchantment
- 31 Oblivion Elder Scrolls_Ultimate Heist Theives guild
- 32 how do i get the secret doors in the castles to work?
- 33 Mystery island
- 34 Daggerfall Semi-Main Quest Issue
- 35 Another Leveling Question
- 36 "Information Gathering" quest... help!
- 37 Rusty and rough stuff
- 38 Attenuator of Judgment And book not in my inventory
- 39 Rat Problem crash
- 40 Book Covers
- 41 Editing Number
- 42 Skills don't add up correctly at character creation
- 43 Daggerfall: Overkill spells + conversation topic bug?
- 44 two wayshines of zennithar
- 45 The Ultimate Heist: Iron gates/stone pillars not opening
- 46 Contacting Bethesda
Decorating Houses and Moving Items/Bodies
I'm playing Oblivion on the 360, with the Shivering Isles/Knights expansion, and having recently hit level 30 and having a large pile of cash which I'm not doing much with, I decided to buy a home in Skingrad and semi-retire. I roleplay the game quite heavily and it's really the perfect home for my character, so I've no intention of buying any others. There are these empty display cabinets around the house, and I have amassed a good collection of souvenirs my character has collected over the course of the game that are not really useful to me in game-terms, but have great historical and sentimental value. Currently these are stored in chests around the house, but I'd love to be able to put them on display in the glass cabinets. However the only method I can work out of doing this is by dropping them in front of the cabinet and hoping that they land in the open cabinet, and frankly that just doesn't work. I've looked around on the wiki apparantly it is possible to do, but I'm not sure how. I also notice people say it's possible to move bodies. The only way I've found is to kick them along the ground. What am I doing wrong? Thanks guys,
- You can use the Grab key too. I don't play on the 360 so I don't know exactly how that works. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 08:21, 11 February 2009 (EST)
You know I've been playing this game on and off for about three years, and I'd never realised you could grab things... Whoops. A bit of a blonde moment, I'm afraid. Or, more accurately, blonde three years in fact. Thanks very much.
Well if you have it on the 360 then hold down the left bumper not press hold then you will be able to hold objects in the air and drag bodies.188.8.131.52 09:58, 30 May 2009 (EDT)
People Think I am a Full Vampire
I am playing Oblivion on the PC. For some reason, people won't talk to me without a full disposition (like a full vampire). If I go to the vampire cleansing place in the Font of Renewal at the Deepscorn Hollow(with Purgeblood Salts), it says that I am not a vampire. It also doesn't give me any of the spells of a vampire above level one (Hunter's Sight). — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 13 February 2009
Well maybe its the fact that you have way too high of an infamy and not enough fame but that is only one thing that could be the problem.220.127.116.11 10:01, 30 May 2009 (EDT)
I have been playing Morrowind for some time now- about a year. I have this problem where I'll enter a Daedric ruin or run into a mage who will cast a spell on me and I instantly become overencumbered. Some of them wear off after you kill the caster but the ones that I run into do not. I have waited for a long time and it doesn't wear off. I have tried potions of dispel, and restore strength. Here is a recent example: I went into a mine and had a couple of mages I was attacked, one conjured a beast and I killed it, then killed the mage, but I couldn't move. I went from 620 to 578. Is there a way I can get that back? This is really annoying and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.18.104.22.168 22:57, 7 March 2009 (EST)
- They probably drained an attribute. Try carrying potions that offer the "Restore Attribute" function, notably for strength. Failing that, an Almsvi Intervention effect can at least get you to the temple for healing. Glenmorial 20:12, 17 May 2009 (EDT)
Knights of The Nine: Theredet unconscious glitch
After completing the umaril unfeathered quest, I found that Sir Theredet stood "unconscious" (though standing) in the priory basement without his helmet or ears. Because of this, he is unable to make his speach and the other knights simply stand in a circle outside the priory for ever. Although he is unaffected by magic and arrows simply fly through him, he can be killed with a sword, but it does not help, and his body often freezes standing or floating in the ceiling. When his body doesn't freeze, it remains unaffected by magic, and the risen flesh greater power does not work. Wounding does nothing but occasionally replace his helmet. I have not found anything on this possible glitch here or anywhere else on the internet. I think it may be a side effect of the staff of sheogorath or his being knocked unconscious when the black orb is activated. I am playing on the 360, and do not know how to fix this and would like some help please.
Magical Items Disappear From Inventory
In Oblivion on the PC, I have found that if I create a magical item at Frostcrag Spire, after acquiring Umbra, and quit the game and restart, the item I just created has vanished from my inventory. However, any saves I made before creating the magical items are complete.
Is this a known bug and how do I fix it?
I have only noticed this recently, as I have not created any magical items for a long time.
Thanks Muchly - SireMongoose 22.214.171.124 17:01, 29 March 2009 (EDT)
- Interesting page - how come it doesn't mention anything on the PS3 regular version, or GotY-editions? Have the problem been fixed on those releases? Krusty 17:16, 29 March 2009 (EDT)
- See Shivering talk:Reference Bug#Is this fixed in the PS3 GotY?. --NepheleTalk 17:27, 29 March 2009 (EDT)
Many thanks for the link. All is sorted =) 126.96.36.199 17:12, 29 March 2009 (EDT)
Setting Speed Modifiers in Oblivion.ini
I've been trying to modify the fMoveSneakMult value (Oblivion:Movement Formulas) to in essence create a super-speedy sneak mode for fast traveling (and ridiculous ninja movement). I've tried putting fMoveSneakMult=10 at both the beginning and end of Oblivion.ini in the /My Games/Oblivion folder to no avail.
Any pointers? DAh 00:00, 31 March 2009 (EDT)
(Oblivion) How Long Do I Have Before A Body Disappears?: Concerning The Necromancer's Amulet
I wanted to begin my attempt at keeping the Necromancer's Amulet but I'd like to know how long I have before Caranya's body disappears. The pointers given on the page for the amulet basically make it a race against time to kill her, finish the two other quests, get the Staff of Worms, run back to her body, and revive her, and kill her again (I'm playing the 360 version with no expansions). Or, maybe could I duplicate Caranya with the Skull of Corruption? I will begin trails soon, but would appreciate any beforehand knowledge so I know what to try and what to give up.
Thanks - pProjects
- Since she is not in the category of "Permanent Corpses", her body should disappear when the cell's contents reset, which is when your character hasn't entered the cell for three in-game days. --GuildKnightTalk2me 09:59, 16 April 2009 (EDT)
Ah, okay, that gives me my time limit. Thank you very much. :)
The Strange Crystal Door
I was exploreing some Aylied Ruins one day and i came across this strange crystal door/gate. When i tryen to open it it says that it has a strange keyhole and that i need the key. Ive never been able to find the key or any related quest and it is really quite annoying, Oh, I tryed to use one of the ten ancestors but it didnt work so... I dont know what to do. 188.8.131.52 22:24, 13 April 2009 (EDT) Rahl
- I'm guessing you mean Lindai. It's related to the Secrets of the Ayleids quest. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 01:04, 14 April 2009 (EDT)
(Oblivion) The Weynon Priory "Wait Here" Bug
Guys, I need help. Months ago I started the Weynon Priory quest, but right after I agreed to escort Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple, I asked him and Jauffre to wait at Weynon House then started another quest, then another, then another... So, after I completed like 30 secondary quests, I've decided to return to the main quest. However, once I return to Weynon House they were no longer there. At the mission's topic here at UESP I read about looking for them at Chorrol, I did this but they aren't there.
I fast traveled to every city in Cyrodill, as well to every location surrounding Weynon Priory, and nothing. Since you guys pretty much dissected the game with the PC console, I figured you might know how to find those missing guys, what sort of scripts this kind of NPCs execute once set to "wait mode" or something.
Thank you in advance.. by the way, I'm playing the X360 version. vesuvio 00:00, 22 April 2009 (EDT)
Paying fines in The Shivering Isles
Here's the deal. I'm playing around the Isles and committin' some crimes. However, when either a Seducer or Saint catch me, they only give me the options to "Go with guard" and "Fight guard", but no "Pay fine". So I'm wondering, is this a bug or do I go somewhere else?
- I've only ever gotten the option to "pay fine" when I've finished the main quest, myself. It's probably a bug, from what I've heard, but others may know better. Glenmorial 20:14, 17 May 2009 (EDT)
Removing Attenuator of Judgment on PS3 ?
I`ve been playing oblivion GotY since the start of 2009,are now stuck, and have been for 2 weeks now. I`ve got 4 Attenuator of Judgment in my inventory, because I unfortunately took it twice when I`ve been looting my clone( Real dumb,I know). Due to this Im unable to activate the Resonator of Judgment in SI in the quest- A Better Mousetrap-.
- Tried to break out of jail, (since according to my research, any quest items should Not be in my inventory, only if I serve my time) But each time, all the quest items keeps returning as soon as I step outside.
- Tried to make use of the bug in -Vampirism Cure- (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:A_Better_Mousetrap)
By getting into jail, break out but still in the jail room and save my game. Then quit the game and changes default language from English/Danish to German, then load the game..and now I only have "missing name" quest items when I leave jail, and are able to put them in containers. And the SI quest - A strange Door in Niebenbay- appears after a 24 hours waiting. This is where my plan of meating Sheo. and getting the attenuator of Judgment again, make the quest, save and change back to Danish totaly falls appart. Because when the message " a Strange Door" appears, it shows on the map, that the door to SI is located next to fort alessia just under the imperial city, which is wrong, there is nothing there and niether at the locating where it should be, so much for my plan.
- Tried doing the jail trick and switching to German in the SI also, and when i loaded the game again in english, I found myself in the imperial city in some hotel with ghosts from the " ghost of vitharn" quest, fighting each other.
I`m loosing my temper.I dont have another save game where i only have one Attenuator of Judgment, so that is not an option. Really hope there are some you that can help me out. Thanks so much By the way this is the European versin— Unsigned comment by Sonne (talk • contribs) at 10:05 on 30 May 2009 (EDT)
After becoming a vampire and completing the cure quest, I used the console to go to testhall and become a vampire again. Now, I don't want it anymore and I'm trying to get rid of it, but no console commands seem to work. Is there any way to cure console-induced vampirism? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 27 May 2009
- My best guess is: use the console. If you used it in the first place, simply take the process a step back. --SerCenKing Talk 16:49, 27 May 2009 (EDT)
(outdent) Try using a Cure Disease effect of some kind immediately after using the Console commands and see if that works. It's a common problem even in-game. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 22:08, 2 June 2009 (EDT)
a bad bug in the "tes 3 morrowind-game of the year edition"
ok this drives me crazy. its in the main quest at the house redoran hortator part. when i got accepted as hortator of every1 in the counsil exept he who wont accept, and i came to the "duel" part,when i speak with the dude that wont accept (when he is in his manor and not the arena) there is no duel topic in the conversation...how do i fix this/get around it?
kinda need some help and sorry if this is in the wrong part of this page ^^;
Cheryndial Mages Guild Quest
I've done something quite wrong. I dropped the ring of burden before the quest update and didn't save the game before. Is it now impossible to complete the quest?PGTips 12:31, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
- If you're on the PC, you can always either give yourself one or force-complete the quest. If you're on a gaming console, you'll have to find where you dropped it. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 17:33, 5 June 2009 (EDT)
I'm on 360 and i can't find it anywhere. It's that bug and apperently i can't find it againPGTips 04:55, 7 June 2009 (EDT)
I am looking for the Sheogorath-shaped amber in the shivering isles, but I cannot seem to find it. I know that it randomly appears in an amber stump or limb, but my question is if I have already gone into a cave but have not opened an amber stump or limb, will the contents of that stump or limb randomly change if I save before I go in for the second time? If so, is there another way to get the Sheogorath-shaped amber? I am trying to complete all quests possible in the game. I am playing on a 360.
- If you've already gone into a cave, then the loot in all containers is fixed. It has been proven on the PC (which uses the same files as the 360) that it's possible to never be able to find Sheogorath-shaped amber if you're unlucky. If you can find a dungeon (or whatever) that you've never been into that has an amber stump in it, your best bet is to save outside that dungeon and then enter it repeatedly until you find the SSA. If it's on a different level of the dungeon than the main entrance, you only need to save outside the entry to that level. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 16:22, 6 June 2009 (EDT)
Why does my infamy go up even when i do nothing wrong?
I recently went on the Pilgrimage quest for the Knights of the Nine plug in, which lowered my infamy to zero. I then completes the next quest in the quest chain without doing any dark brotherhood/ thieves guild quests, thieving or murdering someone, or doing anything bad. I then prayed at an altar but it wouldnt let me so i checked my stats and saw that i had 1 fame and 104 infamy!!! How did this happen???
Unofficial Oblivion Patch
If I download this patch, will anything be affected in-game besides the errors that the patch fixes? LilAB 14:32, 18 June 2009 (EDT)
- No, I don't think so, but don't take my word for it! Read through the description here, which includes a link to what the patch changes here. –Eshetalk 14:39, 18 June 2009 (EDT)
Dark Brotherhood Murderer
I brought the Khajiit Murderer with me to do the "Den of Thieves" quest fromt he Fighters Guild and then he died in there. It has been a week now, be he hasn't respawned yet and when I go to the Cheydinhal Sanctuary and try to get one of the other Murderers with me, they say that I already have someone else following me. How can I get him back? Is there any way to fix it? -LilAB 20:54, 19 June 2009 (EDT)
- Press on the floor or anything on the floor (ex. rug) and then type "placeatme <BaseID>" without the quotations in the console(~). -220.127.116.11 21:16, 19 June 2009 (EDT)
I am doing skrivvas first quest for the thieves guild, i talked to amusei. But when i go to Castle Leyawin to talk to the countess's handmaiden she isnt in the castle and a map marker appears out on the road, when i go to the location indicated there is no one there, ive searched the surrounding areas but i cant find her. Can i finish this quest without her help? If i cant does anyone know what happened to her?— Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 15:39 on 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- The Countess and her handmaiden are known to take trips. See her page. –Elliot(T-C) 15:46, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry if my previous question wasnt specific enough. The Countess is in the castle it is just her handmaiden that is MIA. Do i need the handmaiden to finish this quest?— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 15:51 on 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Oblivion: Accidents Happen
I have Oblivion on Xbox360, and I really want to get to Hawkhaven (the test world that has every item). Can you reach it by doing the Frostcrag Spire glitch, and, if not, is there another way?
4th Book In Imperial City Sewers
I am on the PS3 and I have 3 of the 4 books to complete the side quest of some secret society. There is an unavoidable fight in the sewer and after everyone is killed two of the four people in the fight are gone and there are no bodies. And so, the guy I met with the 4th and final book is nowhere to be found and there is nothing in the quest journal telling me what happened.
What's more, there is nothing on this or any other site even remotely mentioning this quest?
- That sounds very much like the quest The Path of Dawn. Take a look HERE. Krusty 16:40, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Stuck in Test World
I recently used the Frostcrag Spire glitch to get to the Test World, saved and exited. Later, I opened that save and when I tried to fast travel the game froze. I am now stuck in the Test World. Any advice?
I have a bunch of enchanted items with the effect Feather, but when I equip them all I have less total effect than I should. It's particularly bad with the Grey Fox's Cowl. Any help? — Unsigned comment by Yyz13 (talk • contribs) on 22 July 2009
- If I'm understanding you correctly, it's a knwon bug with the feather effect and there's nothing you can do about it. –rpeh•T•C•E• 06:29, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
When is the best level(s) to go for the best swords???
I want to get umbra and then later on goldbran, should i wait until levels 30+ to get umbra so i can have the best bonuses???? — Unsigned comment by Hoobillac87 (talk • contribs) at 23:18 on 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Basically it comes to personal preference. The swords are best at that level, so I would say so. However, the swords are both rather good at Level 20. --Elliot(T-C) 23:18, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Turning a Blind Eye
After going back to the Gray Fox to complete the quest, the quest isn't moved to the completed page. Even after 3 (game) days, the Gray Fox stays seated in the Bruma-house, and i don't receive the next quest (though i have fenced enough). I gave the quest some other tries but still with the same result. I guess the problem is I get an quest update ("I found the Temple of the Ancestor Moths. Now I just have to locate Savilla's Stone. Maybe I can persuade one of the monks to help me.") when i want to open the door to the Temple of the Moth halls (2nd part, after the crypt where the brother takes me). Normally i should get this update when i arrive at the temple and before i go talk to the brothers, i guess... BTW: it's on PS3. Any suggestions? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 29 July 2009
- What is the most recent quest update you received? If you haven't got the "I have Savilla's Stone. Now to get back to Helvius Cecia's house in Bruma." update, there's no point heading back to the GF. –rpeh•T•C•E• 09:16, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- I have the stone and received the update to return to Bruma. I gave the stone to Gray Fox, received my reward and at the end of the dialogue he states we have to leave the house and leave Helvius at peace (or something like that). The quest updates to say i'll have to wait until the Gray Fox will call on me again. So everything seems right, but i don't get the 'quest completed'-update or the update about the amount of gold i fenced for 'independent thievery' and so Amusei always tells me the usual among thieves dialogue.
- When i try to go and get Savilla's Stone without talking to the brothers and one of them takes me to the door in the crypt, i receive the quest update "I found the Temple of the Ancestor Moths. Now I just have to locate Savilla's Stone. Maybe I can persuade one of the monks to help me." when i just come out of the well after i got the stone and left the underground dungeons. But when i go talk to the brothers before i enter the dungeons and the brother leads me to the door, than i get that same quest update when i try to open the door to the second part, right after the crypt. The problem seems to be that that quest update doesn't come at the right time: maybe a place outside the Temple where i have to pass, like some kind of a marker where the game knows i'm there (just like the 'You've found' update at forts and camps doesn't always comes up at the entrance of a dungeon, and you have to walk around a bit until the game seems to recognize you're there). However it's possible for me to fast travel to the Temple, so the game knows i've been there.
- You... confuse me. How can a brother take you to the door without speaking to you? It sounds like you just did things in an unexpected order. Re-load an earlier save and follow the walkthrough. –rpeh•T•C•E• 19:37, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- I said 'without talking to the brothers and (so without) one of them takes me to the door'. ;) I guess i tried everything and so i'll just have to live with it i won't finish the thieves guild questline with this character. Thx for the response anyway.
- You... confuse me. How can a brother take you to the door without speaking to you? It sounds like you just did things in an unexpected order. Re-load an earlier save and follow the walkthrough. –rpeh•T•C•E• 19:37, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Leveling Up Question
Hey I decided to start a new game on Oblivion and I'm still level 1. I have to sleep to raise my level, but I'm still raising my Major and Minor Skills. Will this have an effect? (e.g. will I move up two levels? [because I don't want to])
- You only ever go up one level for each time you sleep. If you have raised your skills enough to be eligible for two level increases, you have to sleep twice to obtain both. –rpeh•T•C•E• 10:29, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Probably, yes. You will also almots certainly end up horribly underpowered. See Efficient Leveling for more information. –rpeh•T•C•E• 21:12, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Tribunal Expansion Question
I just installed tribunal and saw no change so i went online and read taht i have to go to sleep and an assasin will try and kill me, so i went to sleep and nothing happened what should i do? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 30 July 2009
- Read this page. There are a few criteria you have to fulfil before the attacks begin. –rpeh•T•C•E• 21:12, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
I need a enchantment that can allow me to carry more things Eg.A effect 125 feather Later on until a certain point it deacrease instead Pls help Thks — Unsigned comment by Oblivion1000 (talk • contribs)
Oblivion Elder Scrolls_Ultimate Heist Theives guild
Im Doin the ultimate heist mission an when it came time for me 2 ge the scroll i left it behind jumped down the big hole an broke the boots is there a way for me to retuen an get the elder scroll so i can get it to the grey fox I Returned all the way to the epochs hall just 2 b told that the door to the guards quaters is locked an needs a key in order 2 get back in help please
how do i get the secret doors in the castles to work?
hi i have built a castle for myself and i would like to put a secret door in it but so far i cant seem to get it to work the movable pillar moves but the door would not, anythoughts — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 20:14 on 4 September 2009
- As mostly a modifier rather than a designer, I've never done it myself, but as far as I know, you have to create an Activator and then add a script to it to open or close the door. Have a look in the Construction Set at the
BravilSecretLever01Activator for a simple example, or the
MQ05SecretDoor01Activator for a more complex one. —Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 22:28, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- Sould i copy the script or apply it to the door or rewrite it alltogether thanks very much.
- Im a little new to modding, but not to tes games.
- other things i need help with.
- advanced AI
- setting up missions
- If you or anyone knows how or is willing to help i need it, Please bear in mind im am new and dont understand everything yet(like Terminology) — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 04:29 on 5 September 2009
- ok so i rewrote the srcipt just like bravil's secret door script but i changed the item reference to it to my town castle's name But when i tryed to save the Script it said sytech error in line 10 and would let me save so im still suck and idk what to do. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 05:27 on 5 September 2009
There is a mystery island to the northeast of the arcane university and west of the main island in lake romare. I've circled it fifty times and swam around it to see if there is a secret entrance but so far no dice. When I use a detect life spell I can see that there are at least two people on the island and ive even heard their voices. How do I get on to that island????
- That would be Wellspring Grove. You're allowed to enter it during the A Mage's Staff- quest in the Mages Guild quest line. Krusty 14:29, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Daggerfall Semi-Main Quest Issue
I am in the process of completing some of the main quests in the Daggerfall storyline. I am still at the beginning really, only having done the one for Princess Morgiah, then the one for the King of Worms, and have done Cyndassa's beast and the tracking of the letter quest.. the first one for Mynisera. I am running through town, and I get a message that pops up saying "A young lad with the Rose of Wayrest embroidered on his surcoat appears at your side, hands you an engraved card, and disappears.".. but I have no additional item in my inventory, and no clue where to go. I went to Wayrest castle, and the only person there who will talk to me is the King, who just sends me on some random quest not related to the storyline. Any help on this issue would be great.22.214.171.124 07:29, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
Another Leveling Question
I am new to Oblivion and I appreciate any feedback or help. I am mapping my levels to ensure efficient leveling, and that all stats are at 100. I have laid out a framework where by the last four levels will increase luck only. Is that possible? Can you gain a level and only increase one stat? What happens when all stats but Luck are at 100 and you still have major skills that are not at 100? 126.96.36.199 16:01, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- You won't arrive at any problem. Normally you must increase 3 attributes, but this takes into account the amount of attributes this is still possible for. If your other attributes are already at 100, you will only have to increase one stat (or 2, in the case you have two attributes below 100). --Timenn-<talk> 08:28, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
"Information Gathering" quest... help!
Hi! I'm playing Oblivion on a PS3 and I'm experiencing some problems with this Fighter's Guild Quest. First of all, after the Azani Blackheart quest, Modryn never returned to Chorrol, he just stayed and keeps wandering Atatar. So, during the Information Gathering Quest, I had to go with Ajum-Kajin to Atatar and after I told him to sit down he just started walking and now I have been following him for more than 40 min and he just keeps walking and not saying anything relevant. He just repeats that he'll never talk to us and we'll pay for it. BTW, his disposition is over 90. So, should I keep following him or just go straight back to Modryn at Atatar or to to Modryn's house at Chorrol? Please help me! I'm getting terribly bored and beginning to hate the game. Thanks! Shateiel 09:57, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- Follow him back to Chorrol; the quest should proceed as usual then. –Elliot talk 15:39, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Rusty and rough stuff
Is there a special places where I could find all rough and rusty armor (full-set)or are they just avaible on PC(by creating them). I have the PS3 version and I got some from the tutorial but no one seem to wear those (rough leather helm and Gauntlet and Rusty iron gauntlet).. I've finish the game once and now I'm trying to get everything !!!
- You can find information on most, if not all, pieces of specialty gear here, but to save you the trouble: the Rough Leather Gauntlets and Helm, as well as the Rusty Iron Gauntlets are not found in game. Every other piece of the two sets is only available in the tutorial dungeon (with the exception of Rough Leather Greaves, which don't appear to even have a game code in the CS). Dlarsh(Talk,Contribs,E-mail) 18:59, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
Attenuator of Judgment And book not in my inventory
Im using the GOTY edition and i went throught my inventory and my Attenuator of Judgment and that book were not in there and it wouldnt let me finish the quest (A better Mouse Trap) 'BTW THIS IS XBOX 360!
Rat Problem crash
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes... at the end of the fighter's guild quest "a rat problem", the game crashes. it doesn't seem to matter what i do. i've tried completing the quest in every way possible, i've also tried using setstage. i searched this site to no avail, as well as bethesda's oblivion forum. the only thing i found was on google:  i'm asking here and if no one knows what to do i guess i'll just forget advancing in the fighter's guild! — Unsigned comment by Rattus (talk • contribs) on 28 October 2009
- Is there a specific single point at which the game crashes (quest stage, or specific dialogue, etc.)? If that is the case then we may find a way to circumvent the crash. --Timenn-<talk> 11:06, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
the game crashes when i get the skill increase for completing the quest (whether it's from the rat lady or quill-weave). actually, i am able to finish the quest if i kill all of the rats (stage 200), but this seems like a waste because i already did all of the work. this can be a last resort, though, if you have to advance in the fighter's guild. Rattus 20:22, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I can see why setting to one of the two quest stages that finishes the quest would cause the crash too. The skill bonus is provided there, but I need to check first whether that could be what is crashing the game. Please try whether
modpcs speechcraft 1makes your game crash (in that case, the problem is a bit bigger, as a few more quests use that command).
- Otherwise it would mean testing all the commands executed when the quest is updated (not too much lines), until we can find what causes the crash. --Timenn-<talk> 16:58, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
modpcs speechcraft 1causes it to crash... Rattus 06:45, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- That might be some problem. That particular command (modpcs) is used in a few other situations. See the article about Free Skill Boosts for that. Now I know that this command was altered in one official patch, so I'm curious, have you fully patched your game? --Timenn-<talk> 13:50, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- i have the latest official and unofficial patches installed and nothing else (textures, etc.). however, since you mention it, i'm going to reinstall and apply the patches again. Rattus 05:34, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- i reinstalled and applied the patches again. it fixed another problem i was having but not this one. Rattus 06:16, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
I was wondering if anyone knew how many books with unique covers there were in vanilla oblivion? Such as the Messenger's Diary, the Tome of Unlife, the Last King of the Ayelids, and the Mysterium Xarxes. Are they the only four? --188.8.131.52 21:27, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
Skills don't add up correctly at character creation
I started playing Oblivion a while ago and my xbox 360 crashed. I bought a new one, redownloaded some of the DLC and started a new game. My chatacter is a Breton, Lady birthsign, and a custom class. When I exit the sewers my stats are off by about 5 on every skill that should have had an automatic increase due to my character setup. Even major skills are about 5 less than they should be. Other problems have happened too. Sometimes creatures don't attack when I approach, like the rats in the sewers. Is this a bug? I even tried deleting all Oblivion content from my hard drive and starting over, but that didn't help either. I don't have to start a new gamertag do I? Firecrotch223 22:02, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Please see this section. It details the bit complicated mechanics about the character creation process and the skill bonuses you receive. As for the rats, well not all creatures are hostile all the time. --Timenn-<talk> 12:27, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
Daggerfall: Overkill spells + conversation topic bug?
Hi. I started a new game, never having played Daggerfall, just Oblivion and a bit of Morrowind. I'm running Daggerfall on WinXP and DosBox. So... I rolled out a dark elf custom class - a slightly modified mage basically. After using shock touch to kill monsters, I made a cheaper fireball spell - single target at a distance. For some reason, this spell was beyond lousy. It never really seemed to hit enemies, and didn't even give a telltale message of "saving roll against spell" or such. So, I made a fireball spell - with area effect at range. Now, this spell is almost overkill, because every time I shoot it from a close enough distance, the spell affects both enemy and me, and I seem to absorb the damage and regain mana! Is this a bug or a feature, the result of high willpower or high destruction skill maybe? I'm not wearing any magic items.
- You either crafted the spell to be too weak, or you are missing your target entirely.
Also, I visited a bank to check out houses. I didn't buy any, because I didn't have enough money. However, the townpeople NPCs now have a converstion option: "Zanasj's house" (my character's name is Zanasj). So far this bug hasn't broken anything, but... should I be worried?
- The dungeon to which Prince Lhotun sent me is identified by exactly that name by the townsfolk. This is just a very minor bug, and is quite harmless. This might be fixed by File:DFQFIX.ZIP (documented at Daggerfall:DFQFIX). --Uniblab 06:58, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
p.s. there seems to be interesting info in talk pages here! E.g. mage guild quest: Research notes. I was stuck with that, so cheers! 184.108.40.206 22:15, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
two wayshines of zennithar
Hi. Im doing the Kights of the Nine Pilgrimage quest but for some reason there are two wayshrines of zennithar.I have already went to all the other wayshrines. One were it is supposed to be and one were the wayshrine of Arkay is supposed to be. What happened? and what do I do??.
- What you can try is to go to another wayshrine of Arkay, instead of the one marked on the map. --MC• S'drassa •T2M 04:36, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- See here, it shows the location of all the wayshrines. --MC• S'drassa •T2M 04:46, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
The Ultimate Heist: Iron gates/stone pillars not opening
I'm working on the final Thieve's Guild quest, and I am at the stage where you must shoot the Arrow of Extrawhateverit'scalled into the statue, but the stone pillars/iron gates to get to the pressure pad thing will not open. I have followed the guide, activated the push lever behind the boss level chest at B on the map, but they will not open. I can get around the pillars, but the iron gates are blocking me. I have the GoTY edition for Xbox360. Any help on how I could possibly bypass the iron gates or if anyone knows how to bypass the problem altogether would be much appreciated. Thank you. ~Evan — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 24 December 2009
- i have to edit this page coz i dont no how to answer but
- what i did coz i hade the same problem
- there is a wall either side of the gates and i jumped onto a bit of wall jumped again but steered the jump to get to the pressure plate.
- if you need further help or a more better walkthrough my msn is firstname.lastname@example.org — Unsigned comment by Ryan t (talk • contribs) on 26 December 2009
np contact me when its works if it dosent il try to give a vidio walkthrough or somthing
I am currently writing a novel based in Tamriel. Does anyone know how to get into the appropriate channels as to secure copyrights to get this published? Thank you, Halsyon18.104.22.168 21:48, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
|Prev: 2008||Up: Reference Desk||Next: 2010|