|This is an archive of past UESPWiki:Upgrade History discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.
22 November 2006
- Modified MonoBook.php to put the search box higher. Still may tweak with its position some as I get feedback.
8 November 2006
- Added the following settings to LocalSettings.php
$wgGroupPermissions['*' ]['createpage'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*' ]['createtalk'] = true;
$wgAutoConfirmAge = 3600*24;
6 November 2006
- Fixed extra blank lines in several extensions that were causing errors in the RSS feeds.
- Started ntpd to fix the server time which was slightly off.
- Improved the namespace display on the search page.
3 November 2006
- Updated good article count from 2877 to 4431 (was not updating in a while). The article count was derived from:
SELECT COUNT( * ) FROM page
LEFT JOIN revision ON ( rev_id = page_latest ) LEFT JOIN text ON ( old_id = rev_text_id )
WHERE ( page_namespace %2 =0) AND (page_namespace =0 OR page_namespace >=100)
AND old_text LIKE '%[[%'
- Added $wgContentNamespaces to LocalSettings.php to properly update the article counts for pages in other namespaces (seems to be working).
- Added $wgBlockAllowsUTEdit = true setting.
- Adding $wgAllowUserCss = true and $wgAllowUserJs = true settings.
30 October 2006
- Updated Oblivion alchemy calculator.
- Made the wiki link on the old site larger.
- Updated wiki to 1.8.2.
- Fixed some minor errors that regularily occur on the old site (to keep error_log as small as possible).
- Enabled the rename user extension.
- Finally got automatic backups of Wiki database and image directory working.
15 October 2006
- Improved image thumbnail creation thanks to changes made by Nephele.
- Added SVG to allowed upload types.
- Tried to install the Renameuser extension but noted it requires v1.7.0 of the Wiki. Will defer until I get around to upgrading PHP and the Wiki.
- Added the SpamBlacklist extension as required. It prevents pages with URLS matching regexes on the UESPWiki:Spam_Blacklist page from being saved. Tested quickly and it seems to work.
- Upgraded to v1.5 of the StringFunctions extensions. Not tested.
- Changed permissions to disallow regular users from patrolling articles (I think).
- Edited several PHP scripts to produce fewer errors (was filling up the error log unnecessarily).
23 August 2006
- Finished minor tweaks in order for most pages to validate 100% using the Firefox HTML Validator Extension. Still a few warnings here and there that I'll continue to fix as I find them.
16 August 2006
- Installed the CheckUser extension with some difficulty. There were problems with it using the ExtensionFunctions.php file for defining a new special page due to use of file as a class variable (apparently conflicting with a function name). The problem was resolved by simply instancing the new special page class directly from CheckUser.php.
12 August 2006
- Fixed bug in the ParseFunctions extension which caused a huge number of error messages in the log.
- Rebuilt the link tables which fixes the problems with Special:Wantedpages and some other special pages.
- Modified Special:Lonelypages to check for template inclusion links which makes it much more useful.
- Modified the ParserCache.php file to allow the disableCache() function to work properly for extensions.
30 July 2006
- Performed security patch to kernel files as recommended by the web server company.
- Upgraded Wiki from 1.5.7 to 1.6.8
- Added the 'archive' path to the images directory which allows existing images to be updated.
- Added the Wiki extensions StringFunctions, ParserFunctions, CharInsert, and InputBox as requested.
- Fixed image directory permissions which allows thumbnails to automatically be used now.
- Added a few extra allowed image types (bmp, pcx, and tga).